Common Misconceptions about Soulmates

• This is a thread for debate, not for readings.

• this is very informative to me. thank you for sharing this. i am sure it has a will hopefully help many people, in their search for love what ever it may be. i have a question tho, i have herd of most of the types of "soul mates" relationships you described here. but i was wondering what the history behind the "twin flam" one, i haven't heard of that saying, where did the name originate from? is it a fairly new term in the 'soul mate" (confusion/category)? I'm curious because i have found that person for my self in this life time and want to know more about it, tho i could indeed look it up online, but sense you seem to know quite a bit about this topic i thought i would ask you. Thank you very much.

Love & Light!

-Jenna

• Each one of us is borne with the Divine counterpart called the Twin Flame or Twin Souls. Twin Flames (and there are millions and billions sets of Twin flames) were really intended to be together. Many sets of Twin Flames set out originally on their missions joined in service, side by side. They were not really supposed to be separated. Many things would play into Twin Flames individually or collectively leaving the path or “going off the reservation” from their divine calling. This could lead to an ancient record of pain and longing.

Twin Flames have a magnetization that goes well beyond physical, mental or emotional attraction.Twin flames, also called twin souls, are literally the other half of our soul. We each have only one twin, and generally after being split the two went their separate ways, incarnating over and over to gather human experience before coming back together. Ideally, this happens in both of their last lifetimes on the planet so they can ascend together. So you probably haven't had many lifetimes with your twin.

Each twin is a complete soul, not half a soul. It is their task to become more whole, balancing their female and male sides, and ideally become enlightened, before reuniting with their twin. This reunion is of two complete and whole beings. All other relationships through all our lives could be said to be "practice" for the twin, the ultimate relationship.

Twin Flame reunions are the most fulfilling relationships we can enter into as humans, on all levels. However, twin flame couples have been extremely rare on the planet, and for good reasons, which will be described later. Despite this, there are more and more twins finding each other now, because of the acceleration of spiritual transformation and opportunities for soul evolution we are all experiencing. People are evolving and learning and healing at such a fast rate that they are getting ready for their twins faster. What used to take lifetimes to learn and heal, people are now going through in years or even months. This is the astounding level of acceleration we and the planet are going through.

When twins get together, it is for some kind of spiritual service work. This is their primary reason for finding each other, because through their union a huge birthing of creative energy is released, to be used for their mission together. More and more twins are attempting to get together now to help the planet and humanity make a big shift forward in consciousness.

However, many of these attempts at reunion are unsuccessful because the individual people are not quite ready for the intensity of a twin flame union. It is more intense than any other union, and this intensity is at a soul level, not as much in the physical or even emotional bodies. This doesn't mean that there isn't a good attraction at those levels as well, but the strongest attraction is of spirit. This is one of the distinguishing characteristics of a twin soul. Many people think they have met their twin because the attraction is so intense, but it is a karmic attraction, one of need or bodily desire rather than the Divine Love of twins.

Your chance of meeting and staying with your twin depends on how evolved your soul is, and how much of your baggage from this and past lives you have cleared. The biggest reason twins have to separate after coming together is their individual emotional baggage. Because in the presence of your twin, there can be nothing between you, nothing blocking your closeness. This means that everything comes up for healing that you haven't previously healed. Everything!

When twins reunite, both of them experience an acceleration of their spiritual growth and awakening. They get on the fast track of learning about esoteric wisdom and experiencing other states of consciousness. They usually haven't been together all that often during their series of lives on the planet, and so their backgrounds may be different. Yet, there is a closeness and similarities of spirit that are almost uncanny, noticed in many ways, such as looking back at yourself when you look at your mate, and a remembering of the distant past when you first split up. Guidance is strong with these relationships, and usually one or both have a good channel for communication with Spirit. Their connection is telepathic, and hugging each other is like coming home for nourishment.

• ANGEL HUGS and FLOWER PETALS with your FAVOURITE FRAGANCE

Blessings

Julianna

• I love your posting, theCaptain. I learned a lot from it, and am grateful you are taking your time and energy to share your knowledge. 🙂

• This is a very simple comment from me to you but WOW! is how I feel about all you posted. Needless to say I love and agree with all you wrote.You opened my eyes to a problemb I had. It isn't a problem any more. 🙂 Thanks!

• This post is deleted!

• my birthday wish for all

ANGEL HUGS with FLOWER PETALS in your FAVOURITE COLOUR and FRAGRANCE

BLESSINGS

julia l arnett

• I tried searching for my true soul mate but after 3 marriages, my true soul mate died at the age of 19! I never had a chance to say good-bye....

• This post is deleted!

• Fascinating thread, Captain--thank you!

The relationship I have always thought of as a soul twin is the person I followed into this world by a space of a few days, in the same place. We met in memory 8 years later, when our families moved to the same town, again within a short time of each other, and from that time on we sustained each other closely through difficult growing-up years into early adulthood. Although our more recent years have been lived many miles distant and only infrequently in overt communication, we appear to each other often in dreams, and the universe delivers important messages to us through the other person when we will not listen otherwise--this has happened a couple of times, again through dreams, when we're moved to call or write each other and deliver the message. Significant others in our lives have always felt threatened by our connection; I can't seem to explain its nature to anyone else's satisfaction. But he is at my very core and the unshakable love we have has nothing to do with circumstance of any kind. The most vivid waking vision I have had was when his life was in imminent danger and all who loved him were worried sick. In the vision a sphere of warm golden light surrounded him out of a pervading darkness and a voice told me not to worry, that he was safe. I instantly knew it was true, and within hours got a phone call confirming it.

This doesn't really conform to the notion of twin flames' backgrounds being different, etc., but it's certainly true that it's a relationship of spirit first and foremost, although we've explored all forms of relationship over the years. In recent years we've talked about having a child together, but although that's certainly a birthing of creative energy in the most literal sense, I'm not sure it's quite the sort referred to here. Then again, it could be. I often wonder, if that's not our mission, what it may be...

I'm curious to hear about others' twin flames. Have you met yours? How did you meet? How did you KNOW? And what do you think is your spiritual mission together?

blessings and light, gd

• This post is deleted!

• You really put this "soulmate" definition on an whole entire deferent level. Even in ways I never thought of? You are right about the "perfection bit". I do seek my lifetime love in my continued trail of disappointments. I am so sorry that I am the failure of so many women's expectations in this life of mine. I refuse to spend my time trying to conform to a potential girlfriend's unreasonable/perfection driven/social standing standards with the mixture of the right looks (outward appearence) standards. I wonder if I should sulk now, or later?

• Quenkath, twin flames don't always have a physical relationship but can be best friends too.

• This post is deleted!

• Thanks Captain.... I now have a different perspective on the whole G thing..... I think he is a soulmate but what sort I am yet to work out..... We have such a connection in all things we do even apart - and I still dream of what he is going through even though we don't speak anymore... Many times we have had the same ring tone on our phones - even though not together and have chosen them separately... We can be in the same room and just know what each other is thinking etc etc... It just goes on and on...

But what I am now taking away from this is probably that I had more issues to resolve and he was just helping me work through them.... Not meant for a lifetime just a lesson.... I will have to read it in more detail so I can work out which one he is.....

• wow, I agree entirely, to live without listening to ones heart and soul is to live with something missing in ones life. I have travelled the past years through a very painful journey to realise that you must not fear what path your heart and soul leads you to, even if your journey is uncertain and blinded by the unkown, or that your eyes cannot see what your soul sees. Trust your heart and follow your dreams, overcome your obstacles, climb your mountain, have faith and never give up hope. Hopefully you will reach your summitt, through all the thick and thin of it and find that your destination, your truelove, will be there waiting and it will have been worth all the suffering. Love is never easy, it humbles you and brings you to your knees.

• Very true, Magicwand.

• Wow...I'm so glad I found this place! I too have been on a very painful journey...it's not easy giving up control and listening to your heart, but I am doing it and lots of days I have to depend on God for help and guidance and strength. I have faith that I am on the right path now and that everything will be alright. Love to all!

• That's the spirit, MistyMountain. It's all about being your own soulmate.