GEMINI RISING

• Those born with Gemini rising see the world as a place to learn. They are curious about the people around them. Sounds similar to Sagittarius rising? Well it is, but there are some important differences. While Sagittarius seeks to expand their mental and physical horizons in a broad sense, Gemini is mostly interested in moving about in their social circles.

These are people who love to ask questions, to move around freely, and to mingle. Definitely restless and often quick in physical expression, natives of the Gemini Ascendant exude an air of impatience even if they don't mean it. In fact, there is a cleverness to Gemini Ascendants that can intimidate some, especially sensitive folk. Their facility with words can be a wonderful asset, although sometimes Gemini rising individuals identify too much with their mental agility and forget, in their personal interactions and communications, to nurture the people around them. A certain lack of warmth in presentation can be the result, and although this style is generally a facade, it is not immediately apparent to most. People with, for example, predominant Water signs may feel a little ill at ease with Gemini rising people (that is, before they get to know them more personally), while strong Air types more fully appreciate the fun and cleverness of these individuals.

I have found two styles of presentation most common with Gemini rising people. One style is bubbly, changeable, talkative, and a little quirky. These natives are interesting and fun. They constantly explain things, whether it's their own behavior and opinion or those of the world around them. Another distinct "style" is a rather cool and intellectual demeanor. These natives are often quite witty and clever, but they present themselves in a less cheerful and changeable way than the first group. Their observations are sharp and the overall manner is a tad brusque. No matter the style, Gemini rising natives are given to analysis and making sense of their world. Their powers of observation are well-developed, they are mentally active (more often than not, their minds are racing!), and they almost always have something bright or witty to say. It is easy for individuals with this position to get sidetracked, as their curiosity is large, their minds are quick, and their attention spans rather short!

As children, natives born with a Gemini Ascendant are often labeled as the intellectual, inquisitive, and perhaps odd child. Many feel their upbringing lacked some warmth.

In one-to-one relationships, Gemini rising people often seek a certain amount of personal freedom and space. They enjoy intellectual debates and exchanging ideas. Although they often demand a fair amount of freedom, they are often just as willing to give their partners room to breathe. More on Gemini Rising.

Famous people with Gemini Ascendants include Drew Barrymore, Bruce Springsteen, Steffi Graf, Charlie Sheen, and Ricky Martin.

• Hi Sandran,

Thank you for sharing this, as I am Gemini rising.

yes I totally identify myself as a Gemini rising of what you describe. And yes many people tell me I look cool, but growing older I am showing more of my warm side since I do have it.

brick

• I feel that way.I'm and Aquarius with a Gemini Rising, I do feel that there wasn't much warmth in my childhood, especially from my father. I would consider myself to compassionate, I'm always here for those that I care about.

• MsVeroAquarius1986>>I do feel that there wasn't much warmth in my childhood, especially from my father. I would consider myself to compassionate, I'm always here for those that I care about

Sandran712>>Wasn't any warmth in my life either.My dad was a workaholic(Gemini)He wasted 30 years to get to know me and then I did not trust him.A Cancer thing and he died 2 years ago.

• brick>>Hi Sandran

Sandran712>>Hi Brick1.....I see that a gemini Rising is talkative.I will remember this...LOLA Cancer cannot handle the talk talk talk all day types.And don't feel bad.Because Pisces won't shut up either...LOL

• HI Sandran, this does help me explain to my self why i find my self different, the lack of warmth in childhood is true, also the racing ,thinking and wondering, asking questions, my mind never stops, it drives me nuts! but with my cancer mooon i do find i balance the coolness out , cause i do feel peoples hurt, pain and concern for them, hey thanks for the information, it sure fits me to a tee!

• stclair>>hey thanks for the information, it sure fits me to a tee!

Sandran712>.You're welcome..I went back to Cancer Moon with Gemini sun sign.Just looking to see if there was any intuition instincts.I couldn't find any.Gemini wants to solve things with communication.A Cancer under the water sign just doesn't feel you..LOL...We solve our own problems.We may vent to you.But, we don't expect you to help us.We usually go to someone when we can't solve the problem ourselves.

• hi back Sandran! im gem rising with cancer moon, taurus is my sun sign did you think i was referring to me being gem sun sign? im confused by youe last post..sorry!

• hey sandran , funny i read above here that cancer cannot handle talkie talkie! even with my moon in cancer i find these talkies give me a headache and i wanna run away!! so with that knowledge i do not feel as if im having bad manners...........lol

• st.claire>>taurus is my sun sign did you think i was referring to me being gem sun sign?

Sandran712>>Yes..I did not know your sign was Taurus.Do you know anything about a Taurus behavior?I don't .I was corresponding with a childhood classmate and he wrote for awhile and stopped writing.I am pretty sure it was my fault.I was hurt and told his a-s-s off to another classmate.And I am guessing she told him what I said.So much for someone keeping a secret.

• Srry that happened to you taures wll get hurt if we feel betrayed be hind our backs, we however are very simple, loyality is a must and being honest to is a must, no games. we hate games but above all we want to be treatd as we terat others we speak your minds but once you have our loyality you got us for life, we are very forgiving and dont hold a grudge, we are lovers not fighters, he most likely did hear of your conversation with the other person, got hurt and backed off. contact him!! we are stibborn but no more then most! underneath we are softies and will listen to reason because we cannot stand drama, we want to make things better! so reach out miss cancer, you have the sensivity to handle it well, you can see a hurt ego and soften it, i know you can, reach out! and see!

• stclair>>taures wll get hurt if we feel betrayed be hind our backs,

Sandran712>>A Cancer will get hurt if we feel betrayed behind our backs too.He emailed me a picture of his girlfriend and hid the identity from me.Until I asked a gazillion times.My intuition told me it was a girlfriend.But, I wanted him to tell me.So I wrote my friend and told her how hurt I was that he did that to me.I considered that a slap in my face.Why should I be the first one to budge?He was being an a-s-s..And that was very insensitive of him.I am always the one to fix things when a guy acts like an a-s-s-h-o-l-e-.I miss him talking to me.Regardless of him acting like an idiot.But, I am still hurt.A Cancer holds onto hurt longer.He emailed me first to ask about my girlfriend.Wanted to know how to contact her.She has a boyfriend and he a girlfriend.I was a third wheel.And I felt why should I tell him anything.He's been married and now divorced .Assuming he is living with this girlfriend.So we all were on classmates.I closed my account with classmates.com and eliminated my name from the data base.I got sick and tired of men and their drama.

• ah yes i do know about the cancer hurt thing i go into my shell and just keep quiet AND im always trying to meake and sooth feelings, its exausting! this guy sounds like a player.bad news! sounds like you did the right thing sandran.let him go and mess around somewjhere else, i dated a taurus man two of them and i didnt really have a connection, too boring!....lol do you think he was just using you for his gain only?

• Sandran712,

that was very interesting indeed, as you might know im a sag(sun) Virgo(moon) and Gemini(rising)

and with all of those signs together, you can imagine that im just like everything you described, and sometimes even worse with my sag sun also lol, but unlike most sags, i got a fire,earth,and air sign, so i think im pretty balanced on alot of things, even though my mind is always on the run and yes im very quick and witty and then with the Sag(sun) im blunt and to the point also, and so alot of times i think i shock people with what i say cause i speak my mind(sometimes) i try to hold back alot because i know how my mouth can get me into trouble lol on the other hand things with me are never boring and i am alot of fun, very talkative, sensitive, im a good listener and i give alot of my friends advice on things, but i can be lazy, its hard to get me to start something but once i do, i go full force and i give it my all, i dunno if that is just the gemini rising or a mixture of them all lol. but but thanks for posting this.

• stclair>>lol do you think he was just using you for his gain only?

Sandran712>>He wrote to me at first as though he showed an interest in me.I thought there was an interest.Kept the girlfriend quiet at bay.Never led me to think there was a girfriend.Only mentioned he was married and divorced.Moved back to the area wher we grew up.I mentioned my girlfriend.He lit up like a Christmas Tree.Wanted her email address.How to contact her.Hel*l ...I ain't stupid to give him her phone number.He lives closer to her than I do.I wrote my girlfriend(first letter)I said I am so hurt.He acted like he was in love with you and fawning all over the place for you.Then two days later after he tells me the email pic was his girl friend .Everything went dead.I got ignored in an email.Complete silence.I ain't wrote or called my girlfriend either.I cut it off for both of them.This all happened like 2 months ago.Same thing I dated a Cappy.He came up to my house last year spends about 6 hours with me.That was like 7 months ago.He blows off my emails and won't respond.I've had it with men.I've heard that Taurus is lousy in the bedroom.I had that back in my 20's. I sure am not going backwards in the bedroom...LOL

• chevelleman>. Sag(sun) im blunt and to the point also, and so alot of times i think i shock people with what i say cause i speak my mind(sometimes) i try to hold back alot because i know how my mouth can get me into trouble lol on the other hand things with me are never boring and i am alot of fun,

Sandran712>>I dated a Sag.And my brother is a Sag.I know what you mean about speaking your mind.I do that.I do not know where it comes from..It might be the Pisces Moon.Because I have alot of water in my chart.I know things are never boring with a Sag either.They are good in bed..LOL..I really like the good listener part with a Sag and the gawdy sense of humor.I miss the Sag I dated.But, I do not miss the drama.He been married like 3 times and divorced.So I can live without that...But, You're welcome for stopping by...

• Sandran..well these taurus guts were very devoted guys once in love and devoted in bed too.just not wild and crazy, which to me ya gotta get a little wild some times to keep it interesting and new, but they did the job, not leaving me wondering when is this gonna be over!.....lolthis guy sounds like he is of the "lower type" good ridence i say! BTW you crack me up with your summary of men, mostly cause its true!most are always looking for a new pair of legs!!!

'

• stclair>.lolthis guy sounds like he is of the "lower type" good ridence i say! BTW you crack me up with your summary of men, mostly cause its true!most are always looking for a new pair of legs!!!

Sandran712>>The New Pair of Legs is what I laughed at.I'm thinking of the mannequin commerical for Old Navy..LOL...I had a dream a few nights ago.I was with a much younger guy.He was about 20ish.Damn I seen this guy from my dream at church.Almost s-h-i-t- myself...LOL..I think the guy at church was a little younger than my dream.But, the face was head on.I hope I didn't embarrass the poor guy staring at him..He was cute..And alot too young for me.

stclair>>BTW you crack me up with your summary of men, mostly cause its true!most are always looking

Sandran712>>Unfortunately while growing up my first lesson about relationships were cheating and divorcing.Sounds like a bad country western song.I grew up on the old country music~ beer drinking,lying cheating songs.I was never made to leave the room in an adult conversation so I learned ahhh...I'd say..about 10 years old.So I know what loser men act like.And this is sad.Because I don't know what a good guy is supposed to act like.

'

• describes hubby well

he is Cap with Gemini rising