And Now For Something Completely Different

• Fun fact: Virgo is actually the sign of the courtesan, rather than the virgin. I've seen archaic Virgo iconography that shows a lady embracing a beast--not unlike the Lust card from the Thoth Tarot I use for my Avatar. (In a pinch, however, any Aries man will do, heh ...) But, point is, Virgos are earthy, lusty creatures who live out their passions in the physical realm. Read "our" chapter of Sextrology by Starsky + Cox and bring yourself up to speed on your true sexual nature!

And, now, since we're all discriminating geniuses with pragmatic and applicable wisdom to share, how about we augment all these "I, too, exhibit Virgo traits" posts with something completely different? Since this forum isn't just ABOUT the sign of Virgo, but an exclusive club where Virgos can interact with OTHER intelligent, discriminating Virgos, how about trying some exchanges that are mutually beneficial, such as:

How I capitalize on my thinking: I stash half-sheets and retractable Sharpies in every room and my car. Whenever I get any idea at all, I write it down. To see what this can ultimately do for you, read Accidental Genius: Revolutionize Your Thinking Through Private Writing" by Mark Levy.

Favorite quotation: "How many things have to happen to you before something occurs to you?"--Robert Frost

What one product can I simply not do without?: Blistex Lip Ointment (Forget waxy Carmax or ChapStick; this is what supermodels use.)

What book has revolutionized my life?: The I Ching, the ancient Chinese Book of Changes (free at , plus scrounge yourself a copy of Sam Reifler's I Ching: A New Interpretation for Modern Times). Why? Well, the Christians can go around asking "What Would Jesus Do?," but they're left to speculate. (Let's see, do I take out this moneychanger's table and curse this fig tree, or do I feed these multitudes with fishes and cure this madman?) If you want to know which direction to take in any sticky situation, cast the oracle and you'll get an answer that addresses all the specifics of the matter--including the implications that elude you but will come back to bite you in the a--.

Best short story ever: Hemingway's "The Short, Happy Life of Francis Macomber." How one man faced his fears and had an epiphany--and how the one closest to him (natch) chose to punish him for his new insight and power.

Another fun fact: Take ten minutes a day to shave your legs, look for your keys (etc.--fill in the blank) it adds up to 60 hours a year. So get laser treatments and a hook for your fob.

OK? These are just examples. Feel free to riff off them or start your own recitation of things on this planet--whether trivial or monumental--that have helped you live a happier, richer life. (As Martin Buber said, the only legitimate basis for relationship is opening up the world to each other.) And rest assured you're casting your pearls before other Virgos, who can actually reciprocate with something of value. As Emerson said, "To be understood is a luxury"--so indulge.

Lastly, Virgos: Uphold our image and give your post a final read-over before you hit Submit--unless, that is, you're going for comic relief when your rant about being the ultimate perfectionist is shot through with typos, heh ...