What do you really want?

• TheHangedWoman, what you really want is to be lost in the security blanket of your own personal connection with the Universe. You want to 'let go' into something bigger than yourself that will support you and give you an expanded sense of identity. You have an insatiable need to experience peace and oneness. But to successfully attain that goal, you must go out into the world and be of service to others. As you shift attention from your own fears and focus instead on the here and now, you can easily see how to restore order in situations of chaos.

Your Achilles' Heel is victim consciousness ("If I don't have constant, compassionate attention and understanding from others, someone will take advantage of me.") But no one else can give you enough reassurance to overcome your inner sense of helplessness and paranoia. Only when you look within can you discover what outer structures you need to create in order to give yourself strength and purpose. Avoid the unending search for a saviour or mentor whom you can trust blindly and surrender to. Inward surrender will not make the external world orderly and productive. Organise your world in the way YOU need it to be and you will then feel safe and strong, and find the self-confidence and self-trust you seek.

• Blacknblonde, what you really want is to experience happiness, harmony, fairness, and support with one parther whom you love. To achieve this, you need to be your own partner first. By getting to know yourself, you begin to do the things that bring you joy and increase your level of self-nurturing so you feel strong, confident, and supported. As you treat yourself more fairly, you will feel the sense of balance and justice you seek. Only at this point can you establish a healthy partnership wherein two individuals share equally with each other without feeling debilitated

Your Achilles' Heel is a preoccupation with justice ("My survival depends on everyone playing fair with me") This thought should signal that you are on shaky ground. You are very giving by nature, yet your need for justice and absolute fairness is a bottomless pit. You can start 'playing fair' with yourself by not giving beyond a point that feels comfortable, even if you know that nothing will be reciprocated. The trap that you need to avoid is an unending search for an ideal committed partnership ("If only I can find the perfect partner, I'll feel complete within myself"). The feeling of completeness you seek can only be achieved individually; it will not be the by-product of a relationship, no matter how wonderful the partner. The bottom line is that you'll never gain enough approval from others to have permission to be yourself. At some point, you must take the risk and pursue activities that are meaningful to you alone. Once you go in your own direction, the appropriate people will be drawn into your life to support you.

• News2001, what you really want is an environment in which to feel safe, protected, cared for, and doted on - a place where you feel you truly belong. To achieve this, you must be willing to let go of the idea that one special person - or group of people - is going to provide it just because you think you need it. Instead, you must take charge of creating what you need for yourself. By pursuing a goal that energises you, or by finding an ideal or set of principles that builds your self-respect, you will develop feelings of belonging in whatever circumstances you find yourself. You need to find a focus beyond your scattered emotional needs and those of people around you. When you bring yourself into alignment with a higher principle or spiritual belief, you feel protected and nurtured.

Your Achilles' Heel is dependence. The desire to be taken care of ("If there's no one to take care of me, I won't survive") can lead you into the trap of an unending search for security, where you develop emotional dependencies on others. But you can never get enough reassurance from others to feel safe, so you never gain the security you think you need to be a capable adult and take charge of your life. Run the risk and assume full responsibility for the consequences. Take charge of your own life and security, and create what you need for yourself. Once you take responsiblity for youself and find a goal that's important to you and stand by it, you feel secure and in control of your own destiny.

• Gracias Capitan, your feedback is well taken

• Hi Captain. Thank you for your wisdom.

• Thanks Captain. The answer was really interesting. I will have to give it some thought.

• Hi captain thank you for the reading. It was a true wake-up call. thanks for sharing your wisdom.

• Oh my. That actually made me cry - it was so... true. Thank you very very much for your time.

• Hello Captain ,

What do I really want?,,,good question lol ...It a question I am always asking myself. You always have such interesting subjects . Let see what it says for me Please and Thank you . 7/20/63

Thanks a Bunch !

Take Care and God Bless You ^A^

Doves46

• Can U Do Another Reading thanx 7/23/64

• Doves46, what you really want is to be in absolute control of every area of your life all the time. You have an insatiable need to think you have the power to succeed. To attain this goal however, you must stay in touch with your feelings and insecurities and share the truth about yourself with others. Acknowledging your insecurities will give you a stable base from which to create success in the outer world, for you are no longer fighting yourself by trying to hide or suppress your feelings. This gives you a calm inner certainty from which to accomplish your goals. And by acknowledging your own emotions, you will develop an awareness of other people's feelings. As long as you remain aware and supportive of other people, you will gain the support you require to help you on your own path.

Your Achilles' Heel is your need for control ("If I can only make everyone get their lives together, then I can relax and be vulnerable"). But you can never control people or situations enough to feel that it's safe to be yourself. When you try to take charge in other people's lives without being invited, you are inappropritely usurping others' responsibilities. You must also avoid an unending search for acknowledgment ("If only others will recognise my contribution in a respectful way, I can begin to feel good about myself"). But others can never give enough recognition for you to feel satisfied. Only when you acknowledge within yourself the importance of the contributions you make (through nurturing others in a supportive way) will you begin to feel fulfilled. You will never have enough authority to feel that it's safe for you to be vulnerable. At some point, you must take a chance and let others know the truth of who you are and what you feel: your insecurities, fears of rejection and abandonment, and feelings of inadequacy. The irony is once you do this, you gain total safety - because in revealing your feelings, you've taken charge of yourself on a deeper level.

• Sammy's second reading - what you really want is to be in absolute control of every area of your life all the time. You have an insatiable need to think you have the power to succeed. To attain this goal however, you must stay in touch with your feelings and insecurities and share the truth about yourself with others. Acknowledging your insecurities will give you a stable base from which to create success in the outer world, for you are no longer fighting yourself by trying to hide or suppress your feelings. This gives you a calm inner certainty from which to accomplish your goals. And by acknowledging your own emotions, you will develop an awareness of other people's feelings. As long as you remain aware and supportive of other people, you will gain the support you require to help you on your own path.

Your Achilles' Heel is your need for control ("If I can only make everyone get their lives together, then I can relax and be vulnerable"). But you can never control people or situations enough to feel that it's safe to be yourself. When you try to take charge in other people's lives without being invited, you are inappropritely usurping others' responsibilities. You must also avoid an unending search for acknowledgment ("If only others will recognise my contribution in a respectful way, I can begin to feel good about myself"). But others can never give enough recognition for you to feel satisfied. Only when you acknowledge within yourself the importance of the contributions you make (through nurturing others in a supportive way) will you begin to feel fulfilled. You will never have enough authority to feel that it's safe for you to be vulnerable. At some point, you must take a chance and let others know the truth of who you are and what you feel: your insecurities, fears of rejection and abandonment, and feelings of inadequacy. The irony is once you do this, you gain total safety - because in revealing your feelings, you've taken charge of yourself on a deeper level.

• Ok Captain I've been really drawn to your talent....what do I really want ? 9/10/1956.

• Hi Captain:

Trust you are well today...your posting has me...intrigued, to say the least..

What do I really want? Is it what I really need?

It would be interesting to see what your reading says...to see if it is in accord with what my conscious mind is now telling me...

I was born in Boston, 04SEP 1950...I believe at 104AM...but not 100 percent sure on the last...it might be 1204AM...but..I lost the birth certificate with the time on it!!

Your help and guidance, as always, is most appreciated..

Love and Peace, tiggersmom6

• Hey Cap'n

Sorry to take so long responding to your insights. Goodness, I do feel like a love-starved individual!!! But even so, I think what you said is right to a fair degree. Humour and an easy-going attitude are two of my main traits. Most of the time, they work for me. But sometimes, others take advantage of both and I can end up feeling bogged down in unrealistic expectations, demands and thankless tasks.

I also do like to learn new things. If I don't know something, I google it until I understand it. But I'm not aware of using knowledge as a way of gaining approval or whatever. Still, learning I always am.

So thanks for this; muchly appreciated, and as said, I think this description is pretty much right on the money. Have a great day :))

• Virgotarot, what you really want is to feel connected with others while confidently being yourself. You want the total agreement of everyone around you - for everyone to understand your point of view, to accept and support you, and to recognise your positive motivations. To achieve this, you try to manipulate people into thinking your way. Using your talent for understanding others, you think you can say exactly the right words to make others change their minds and agree with you. But it doesn't work; in order to reach your goals, you need to refocus your attention on your own truth. When you speak the words you intuitively feel, situations in which you find yourself come into harmony. When you live and speak from your higher self, companions who are not suitable withdraw and new people appear who are compatible. As you act in accordance with your higher truth, others who are similarly attuned understand you and prove the most trustworthy of friends, as you share the same spiritual values.

Your Achilles' Heel is a need for mental security. ("If I can figure out what other people are thinking and then say the right thing so they'll agree with my ideas, I will always feel secure.") This can lead you into the trap of a never-ending search for information, ("If I can just get enough facts, I'll be able to find the 'truth' and then I will know what to do.") But you can never read people's minds enough to assure yourself that you will say the right thing. You need to let go of control and heed your own intuition. Trusting and acting from your OWN truth brings out your integrity, which will draw the right people to you and help you to gain the security and peace of mind you seek. You must go beyond logic to your intuition and demonstrate what your higher truth is telling you. Having faith in your spiritual guidance will lead you to gain a correct perception of what is going on around you.

• Tiggersmom6, what you really want is to be right all the time and to be perfect in the sense that you - and everyone else - is following 'the plan' 100% of the time. But you want everyone to be in total, perfect alignment with 'the plan' you think is right. First you need to accept that you do not know what 'the plan' is. You must turn away from rigid physical and material planning and refocus on the larger spiritual vision. Through trusting and surrendering to the wisdom of the Higher Power, you can watch life's circumstances with the conviction that what is unfolding is indeed part of 'the plan'. Then the way becomes clear. You are filled with calm and feel in alignment with 'the plan' because the spiritual vision is the energy of perfection you are seeking. Your North Node (Pisces) rules enlightened states of consciousness, the oceanic feeling of oneness with all life. At times you have slipped into an enlightened state - a state of total connection with the universe. Your life purpose is to nurture that state and make it part of your daily experience.

Your Achilles' Heel is your compulsive need for order. ("My survival depends on everything being in order according to my view of how life ought to be and how others ought to behave.") It can lead to an unending search for perfection that is a bottomless pit. Life and other people are never in a static state of perfect order long enough for you to feel secure, and your expectations can lead to continual tension and anxiety. You postpone trust and joy by not letting go of control. Accept that the Universe's plan is better than yours and that things are unfolding properly, regardless of how it seems. The only place you can create perfect order is within yourself by surrendering to the Higher Power and trusting that everything is indeed in order.

• Captain, can you tell me what I really want? 18 - 11 - 67 and my special friend...what does he want? 19 - 10 - 56

Thanks in advance.

• Captain:

Whoa!! Spot on, as always...I feel that as I have gotten older, I have relaxed somewhat from the rigidness I had when younger...but still...can be compulsive when doing a task...even if it is only cleaning the bathroom!!

What most came to mind was the way I always wanted to have children. I always longed for a houseful of kids...to be married...be the mom that all the neighborhood kids would feel comfortable being around...the mom that was still young enough to want to play and romp.

When I was in my 30's...all of a sudden, it looked like that wasn't going to happen..I raged, screamed, cried...begged and pleaded with God to give me what I wanted...but...it never happened...

But you know what? Gradually my brothers all had kids...and...I became their best friend...I am close to all...but particularly my 19 year old and 13 year old nephew..they confide in me...trust me with stuff they don't feel comfortable going to their parents with...and one day, several years ago...it came to me in a blinding flash that maybe..just maybe...I wasn't put here to be a mom...but to be the best aunt that any child could ever want...and once I accepted that...well...all the residual sense of loss slipped away...and now I rejoice every day in the love I share with these kids...and feel that this is one of my primary roles in this life...

So...once again...thank you for sharing your gift...it helps tremendously...makes me think and ponder...and as you advise...let go...

Love and Peace,

tiggersmom6

• Flowsco, what you really want is to experience happiness, harmony, fairness, and support with one parther whom you love. To achieve this, you need to be your own partner first. By getting to know yourself, you begin to do the things that bring you joy and increase your level of self-nurturing so you feel strong, confident, and supported. As you treat yourself more fairly, you will feel the sense of balance and justice you seek. Only at this point can you establish a healthy partnership wherein two individuals share equally with each other without feeling debilitated

Your Achilles' Heel is a preoccupation with justice ("My survival depends on everyone playing fair with me") This thought should signal that you are on shaky ground. You are very giving by nature, yet your need for justice and absolute fairness is a bottomless pit. You can start 'playing fair' with yourself by not giving beyond a point that feels comfortable, even if you know that nothing will be reciprocated. The trap that you need to avoid is an unending search for an ideal committed partnership ("If only I can find the perfect partner, I'll feel complete within myself"). The feeling of completeness you seek can only be achieved individually; it will not be the by-product of a relationship, no matter how wonderful the partner. The bottom line is that you'll never gain enough approval from others to have permission to be yourself. At some point, you must take the risk and pursue activities that are meaningful to you. Once you go in your own direction, the appropriate people will be drawn into your life to support you.

Flowsco's special friend - what you really want is money. You want to accumulate financial resources and material possessions to gain a sense of comfort and stability so you can begin to really 'live'. To achieve this, you need to be willing to form partnerships with others, finding those who have similar values and resources (money or talent) that they can share with you. If you use your energy to enhance your partner/s' energy, truly linking with the other/s as a team rather than maintaining a sense of separation ("my money - your money, my resources - your resources") the result can be great financial rewards for all involved. With the contractual understanding that you will get a percentage of the profits, you are free to focus on enhancing your partner/s energy and power in ways that increase the success of the team. You are better off asking your partner/s what is fair, because others appreciate you more than you value yourself.

Your Achilles' Heel is comfort ("The goal of life is to be comfortable. I need lots of possessions to survive.") This can lead into the trap of a never-ending search for accumulation. ("When I finally have enough money and possessions, I will feel good about myself and can relate to others.") This thinking leads to stagnation on all levels. You can never get enough 'stuff' to feel comfortable in making the changes that will add vitality to your life. You must be willing to risk losing your current level of comfort to gain a higher state of power and energy. You will never have enough money and personal property to think you can afford to bond with others or feel there is enough to take care of all your needs. Let go of self-concern and put your full power into partnership.