What do you really want?

• Chevelleman71, what you girlfriend really wants is to experience happiness, harmony, fairness, and support with one parther whom she loves. To achieve this, she needs to be her own partner first. By getting to know herself, she begins to do the things that bring her joy and increases her level of self-nurturing so she feels strong, confident, and supported. As she treats herself more fairly, she will feel the sense of balance and justice she seeks. Only at this point can she establish a healthy partnership wherein two individuals share equally with each other without feeling debilitated

Your girlfriend's Achilles' Heel is a preoccupation with justice ("My survival depends on everyone playing fair with me") This thought should signal that she is on shaky ground. She is very giving by nature, yet her need for justice and absolute fairness is a bottomless pit. She can start 'playing fair' with herself by not giving beyond a point that feels comfortable, even if she knows that nothing will be reciprocated. The trap that she needs to avoid is an unending search for an ideal committed partnership ("If only I can find the perfect partner, I'll feel complete within myself"). The feeling of completeness she seeks can only be achieved individually; it will not be the by-product of a relationship, no matter how wonderful the partner. The bottom line is that she'll never gain enough approval from others to have permission to be herself. At some point, she must take the risk and pursue activities that are meaningful to her. Once she goes in her own direction, the appropriate people will be drawn into her life to support her.

• Leonida, what you really want is to receive love. Your need to experience the loving energy of others is nearly insatiable. To successfully bring this energy into your life, you need to first give love by cheering people up - you know how to use the limelight to make others happy. By exercising your creativity to contribute to the happiness of others, you create an 'audience' or a peer group that will support you, accept you, and love you. The best barometer for being 'on track' is the applause and approval of others. In the process of giving happiness - as long as you stay in alignment with your own humanitarian ideals - you gain the reward of knowing you are an important participant in the stream of life.

Your Achilles' Heel is twofold. There is the overriding need to feel the acceptance of your peers ("If I just cooperate with life and 'go with the flow', my peers will automatically support me and bring me happiness.") But your friends can never give you enough support for you to break out as an individual and take advantage of the exciting opportunities life brings. Become your own best friend and encourage yourself to go after those things that will bring you happiness.

The second part of the trap is an unending search for knowledge ("If I have enough knowledge, I will feel confident to take creative action.") But you never have enough knowledge so you go with the flow and wait for happiness to find you. You must take the risk and create your OWN happiness. The irony is that once you begin creating happiness, the knowledge you need to succeed will come to you effortlessly.

What you friend wants is to be totally free to pursue Truth, have adventures, be spontaneous, and be right 100% of the time. He wants to speak completely from his Truth and intuitive processes and to have everyone understand him, learn from him, and appreciate his help. He must try to stop focusing on his own Truth and begin to focus on those around him. He must listen to - and understand - the information that others share about their lives. When he listens in this way, sometimes he has an 'Aha!' insight that is exactly the perspective that the other person needs. And because this information accurately addresses the other's problem, it will be gratefully accepted.

His Achilles Heel is self-rightousness ("If other people would just acknowledge that I am right and appreciate me for it, I would feel understood and accepted.") which can lead him into the trap of an unending search for Truth ("If I have all the right answers, everyone will value me; then I can relax and feel connected to people.") But it's impossible to be 'right' all the time, and he will never feel good about himself this way. And when he argues and tries to convince people that he is right, others don't want to connect with him. However if he has enough humility and openness to really listen to a variety of viewpoints - even those that don't fit with his previous experiences - he can get to know people in a way that helps him feel more connected. At some point he must release his preoccupation with absolute Truth and simply begin to relate to people as they are, listening to others and learning from them. With more equitable and relaxed interaction, Truth is more successfully communicated. And when your friend really listens to what is important to others, his responses are more appropriate and helpful, and then people will appreciate him and want to connect with him.

• Sam, what you really want is an environment in which to feel safe, protected, cared for, and doted on - a place where you feel you truly belong. To achieve this, you must be willing to let go of the idea that one special person - or group of people - is going to provide it just because you think you need it. Instead, you must take charge of creating what you need for yourself. By pursuing a goal that energises you, or by finding an ideal or set of principles that builds your self-respect, you will develop feelings of belonging in whatever circumstances you find yourself. You need to find a focus beyond your scattered emotional needs and those of people around you. When you bring yourself into alignment with a higher principle or spiritual belief, you feel protected and nurtured.

Your Achilles' Heel is dependence. The desire to be taken care of ("If there's no one to take care of me, I won't survive") can lead you into the trap of an unending search for security, where you develop emotional dependencies on others. But you can never get enough reassurance from others to feel safe, so you never gain the security you think you need to be a capable adult and take charge of your life. Run the risk and assume full responsibility for the consequences. Take charge of your own life and security, and create what you need for yourself. Once you take responsiblity for youself and find a goal that's important to you and stand by it, you feel secure and in control of your own destiny.

• Thanks for the hugs Ragbag - I will drop into your thread when I get a chance! 🙂

• Watamelon, what you really want is an environment in which to feel safe, protected, cared for, and doted on - a place where you feel you truly belong. To achieve this, you must be willing to let go of the idea that one special person - or group of people - is going to provide it just because you think you need it. Instead, you must take charge of creating what you need for yourself. By pursuing a goal that energises you, or by finding an ideal or set of principles that builds your self-respect, you will develop feelings of belonging in whatever circumstances you find yourself. You need to find a focus beyond your scattered emotional needs and those of people around you. When you bring yourself into alignment with a higher principle or spiritual belief, you feel protected and nurtured.

Your Achilles' Heel is dependence. The desire to be taken care of ("If there's no one to take care of me, I won't survive") can lead you into the trap of an unending search for security, where you develop emotional dependencies on others. But you can never get enough reassurance from others to feel safe, so you never gain the security you think you need to be a capable adult and take charge of your life. Run the risk and assume full responsibility for the consequences. Take charge of your own life and security, and create what you need for yourself. Once you take responsiblity for youself and find a goal that's important to you and stand by it, you feel secure and in control of your own destiny.

• hi captain this for my friend if you dont mind he is july 27 1956.........thank you . you sure continue to get my attention here as usual! i learn so much from you i feel the need to say thanks for that!!

• the time for him id 155pm

• Thanks Stclaire, you are always very supportive.

What your friend really wants is to feel connected with others while confidently being himself. He wants the total agreement of everyone around him - for everyone to understand his point of view, to accept and support him, and to recognise his positive motivations. To achieve this, he tries to manipulate people into thinking his way. Using his talent for understanding others, he thinks he can say exactly the right words to make others change their minds and agree with him. But it doesn't work; in order to reach his goals, he needs to refocus his attention on his own truth. When he speaks the words he intuitively feels, situations in which he finds himself come into harmony. When he lives and speaks from his higher self, companions who are not suitable withdraw and new people appear who are compatible. As he acts in accordance with his higher truth, others who are similarly attuned understand him and prove the most trustworthy of friends, as they share the same spiritual values.

His Achilles' Heel is a need for mental security. ("If I can figure out what other people are thinking and then say the right thing so they'll agree with my ideas, I will always feel secure.") This can lead him into the trap of a never-ending search for information, ("If I can just get enough facts, I'll be able to find the 'truth' and then I will know what to do.") But he can never read people's minds enough to assure himself that he will say the right thing. He needs to let go of control and heed his own intuition. Trusting and acting from his OWN truth brings out his integrity, which will draw the right people to him and help him to gain the security and peace of mind he seeks. He must go beyond logic to his intuition and demonstrate what his higher truth is telling him. Having faith in his spiritual guidance will lead him to gain a correct perception of what is going on around him.

• THANK YOU CAPTAIN , I SEE A LOT OF TRUTH HERE AND WISDOM, YOU GIVE SO MUCH@ I HOPE YOUR GETTING BACK , WE LOVE OUR CAPTAIN!

• Thank you so much again Captain! An insight into my turmoil helps me move forward again. Thank you for all that you do.

• Captain, Thank You soooooooo much for your response , I think you are completely correct about both of us. It,s time for me to have fun , laugh more , get out of my cacoon and experience freedom from the depths of my very being, So wish me luck as I become that butterfly. Your are the CAPTAIN so I will follow your direction and I trust your intuition. I am laughing already. Thank you .... Leonida

• Thank you very much Captain.You bring so much peace to all .Blessings and love...

• Captain count me in June 18, 1969

• Hi captain count me in also my birthday is feb. 16,1973. thank you in advance.

• Hi The Captain. It would be nice to get your feedback on this. I am a bit afraid to ask. What do you see that I really want? I believe that I soon will receive what I have been waiting for. Please tell me what you see, my friend.

• Hi again. My date of birth is 24.8.1978.

• Hi there captain reading all those was neat. I have not had an actual reply yet since back in October so sometimes I am reluctant to add anything but at times I do ponder what I am truly after in life.My birthdate is july 2,1968. well til next time.....

• If you still have the time - August 4, 1972. Thanks!

• Purita, what you really want is to be right all the time and to be perfect in the sense that you - and everyone else - is following 'the plan' 100% of the time. But you want everyone to be in total, perfect alignment with 'the plan' you think is right. First you need to accept that you do not know what 'the plan' is. You must turn away from rigid physical and material planning and refocus on the larger spiritual vision. Through trusting and surrendering to the wisdom of the Higher Power, you can watch life's circumstances with the conviction that what is unfolding is indeed part of 'the plan'. Then the way becomes clear. You are filled with calm and feel in alignment with 'the plan' because the spiritual vision is the energy of perfection you are seeking. Your North Node (Pisces) rules enlightened states of consciousness, the oceanic feeling of oneness with all life. At times you have slipped into an enlightened state - a state of total connection with the universe. Your life purpose is to nurture that state and make it part of your daily experience.

Your Achilles' Heel is your compulsive need for order. ("My survival depends on everything being in order according to my view of how life ought to be and how others ought to behave.") It can lead to an unending search for perfection that is a bottomless pit. Life and other people are never in a static state of perfect order long enough for you to feel secure, and your expectations can lead to continual tension and anxiety. You postpone trust and joy by not letting go of control. Accept that the Universe's plan is better than yours and that things are unfolding properly, regardless of how it seems. The only place you can create perfect order is within yourself by surrendering to the Higher Power and trusting that everything is indeed in order.

• Trueaquarius, what you really want is an environment in which to feel safe, protected, cared for, and doted on - a place where you feel you truly belong. To achieve this, you must be willing to let go of the idea that one special person - or group of people - is going to provide it just because you think you need it. Instead, you must take charge of creating what you need for yourself. By pursuing a goal that energises you, or by finding an ideal or set of principles that builds your self-respect, you will develop feelings of belonging in whatever circumstances you find yourself. You need to find a focus beyond your scattered emotional needs and those of people around you. When you bring yourself into alignment with a higher principle or spiritual belief, you feel protected and nurtured.