Best use of spells, crystals

• I've been reading through the forum for awhile (just registered under a new email address) and I'm hoping someone can answer my question about the usefulness of spells and crystals. I read the thread where someone asked about a spell to make someone love them, and I guess I understand why there's a price. But is this true for any kind of spell? Are there spells that are helpful, but don't require a price of some kind? Also, do you believe in the use of crystals? My skills and abilities lie elsewhere, so I'm curious. I have thought about trying to find a spell to calm someone close to me. I understand why I can't use a spell to make someone love me. The person I would use it on already likes me as a friend, so I guess that has to be it.

Sorry this is rambling. It's just me asking questions--like I always do.

• Spells are very serious. Some people dont think so. You must be careful of what the spell is and the outcome. You may open up something you dont want. You can allow something bad to come out. If you are not seasoned in spells I would not mess with them. Spells are for helping others or to protect yourself. If you are going to dabble please protect yourself first. I use stones and crystals alot they are very benifical. I use them for protection, healing and some spells but see which stones will suit you for example use tiger eye for protection and psychic energy. Make sure you cleanse your stones.

• kitkat, the reasoning is that if you put a spell on a particular person to be in love with you, you are robbing that person of their free will. You could be preventing the destiny of many satelite people and situations in that event as well. If you are wiiling to do that you are telling the universe it is ok to take that from you as well. I would suggest you not mess with that. Instead you can ask an experienced person to create a spell for you to attract love or to help find your soulmate.

• kitkat1212,

It has always been my thought that in everything you do examine what is your intent. You have said you would like to do this to help calm someone. I can't help but feel there may be more to what you are asking.

There are all types of "magic " --- the best one being purity of heart and wanting the best for others. There is no mystery to a loving heart. All the best to you!

• Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't do anything like that without the proper knowledge. I'm just asking questions because I'm a curious kat. Oh, and the two things I discussed..the calming and the affection deal with two different people. Two people I care about very much. So please understand that I was just pondering it. Didn't think it would hurt to ask the question. thanks for your responses.

• Kitkat, one must be careful when casting spells. Always, always go by the Wiccan Rede "An it harm none, do what thou wilt". Basically that means that you can do whatever you like, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. And if you think about all your actions, with or without spells, and think about ripple effects, you begin to learn that everything we do affects everyone else. What we want to do is make sure that we don't do anything that might hurt someone else, physically, emotionally, financially, etc. Your heart may be in the right place to help the two people that you care about, but if you were to use a spell, are you really helping them if it's not what they want? The laws governing Universal Cause and Effect are pretty complex, and you need to understand them before you dip your toes in that water. All spells and all actions come with karmic debt, and whatever you do, with or without magic, will come back to you. And some of Life is simply all about learning lessons in order to make us better people, and in those instances, we shouldn't interfere at all.

Good for you for asking first though, it shows just how much you care. And it's also one of those learning lessons that I just mentioned. 🙂

• Hey kitkat1212,

I get the curious cat thing ( and ya know what they say ... : > ) D.angel spelled ( intended ) it all out. Going with my first post & your second post: Magic can be defined as whatever You place stock in. Believing with a loving heart sounds like what you are trying to do.

There are many crystals out there for a variety of things --- easily googled. There are many folks here who use & believe in them. Someone will assist you, I'm sure.

• HI KITKAT1212,

I READ YOUR POST, AND I DON"T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT SPELLS, BUT I DO KNOW MY GEMSTONES AND CRYSTALS. YOU WERE ASKING ABOUT CALMING STONES. MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE A YEAR AGO FEBRUARY. I WANTED A CALMING STONE TO HELP CALM HIM DOWN AND RELIEVE HIS STRESS AND WORRY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND A BLUE CALCITE STONE. IT IS THE STRONGEST OF ALL CALCITE STONES, AND IT DOES WORK. JUST PUT IT IN A ROOM WHERE THERE IS ALOT OF CAOS, AND WATCH IT WORK. AMETHYST IS ANOTHER GOOD ONE, IT'S MY FAVORITE,NOT MY BIRTHSTONE.

SINCE VALENTINES DAY IS RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER, I HAVE TO TELL YOU MY STORY.

THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME. ON NOV 6, 2005.... I DROVE TO MY MOTHERS HOUSE TO USE HER PRINTER, OURS DIDN"T WORK. MY SON, NOW 29 WAS WITH ME. AFTER AWHILE OF BEING THERE WE DECIDED TO LEAVE FOR HOME. MY SON SLID HIS CAR KEYS ACROSS HER TABLE, LOOKED AT ME, AND SAID, " DO YOU WANT TO DRIVE? I"M TO TIRED TO SEE." I ACCEPTED, AND WE LEFT. I'M DRIVING DOWN A U.S.DIVIDED STATE HIGHWAY, AND I NOTICE ALL OF THE CARS ARE GOING INTO THE RIGHT LANE. I KEPT GOING, AND I THOUGHT I SEEN A DEER, I KEPT SEEING GREEN FLICKERING IN THE NIGHT. DEERS EYES SHINE GREEN AT NIGHT. IT WAS A DRUNK DRIVER WITHOUT HEADLIGHTS ON COMING RIGHT AT US, I GRABBED THE WHEEL, TURNED IT TO THE RIGHT AND HIT THE GAS, IT WAS TOO LATE. SHE GOT ME ON THE DRIVERS SIDE, AND TOTALED OUR JEEP CHEROKEE. I BROKE 4 RIBS, SHATTERED MY LEFT ANKLE AND HEEL, SLICED THE RIGHT SIDE OF MY TONGUE OFF, AND I WAS BURNED FROM MY CHIN TO MY COLLARBONE, AND BOTH LEGS. I"VE HAD SURGERY, AND HAD 2 SIX INCH ALLOY STEEL PINS INSERTED IN MY LEFT FOOT, I SPENT 2 WEEKS IN THE HOSPITAL ON MORPHINE.

WHEN I GOT TO THE HOSPITAL ER, SOMETHING WAS POKING ME IN MY LEFT HIP, I PUT MY HAND IN MY POCKET, TO FIND I HAD MY AMETHYST STONE WITH ME. THE AMETHYST IS KNOWN AS "THE TRAVELERS STONE" AND IT PROTECTS THE WEARER FROM PEOPLE WITH BAD HABITS, LIKE DRUNK DRIVERS, THIS WAS A GOOD SIZE CHUNK AT ONE TIME, AND IT BROKE IN TWO FROM THE ACCIDENT. I HAVE THE PIECE WITH THE CHIP IN IT FROM THE ACCIDENT. WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE OTHER HALF IS?

LAST MONTH, THREE DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS (12-22-09) MY BROTHER DIED OF CANCER, HE WAS MY ONLY BROTHER, I HAVE NO SISTERS,

IT'S JUST ME AND MOM NOW. I PUT IT

IN HIS HANDS, IN HIS CASKET SO WE WOULD ALWAYS BE TOGETHER.

CHECK OUT THESE WEBSITES...

• starlight, thanks for your story. It sounds like you're still dealing with your ordeal from the accident. I hope you're doing well. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I'm sure he is still with you though. I appreciate hearing your stories about the blue calcite and amethyst. I will be sure to look out for those.

Kat

• Starlight that is a very sad story I wish you much love and wish blessings for you too, websiter links seem to dissappear here I'm afraid. Amethyst has actually been used to cure an alocoholics too, how successfully I don't know though.

KitKat 1212, using spells will come back on you. If your intent is pure and there is NO self interest involved in it they may work for you, but always remember that whatever you put into a spell will come back to you in time and it will be x3 so you would have to be very very careful of the imagery involved, calm is a very difficult thing to visualise is it the calm after a storm, for example, then the storm will come first, also it is Karmically unacceptable to interfere with someone's free will, which is why binding spells are very close to black magic but an open ended spell to attract affection may work but not in the way you might want it to, the person may become freed to be affectionate to someone else. Any sort of love spell is a minefield as they are so very close to binding spells, all in all its much safer to use crystals

Rose quartz attracts love, so should be good for affection, Amethyst is good for protection against negativity, Amber changes negative to positive so I'm told, but if you really want to go into crystals there are many good books out there, like Love is in the Earth, and the Crystal Bible, now in it's second volume, and the author of that has also put out a new book crystal prescriptions, which may be of help. If you have a library locally look there before you decide on which books to use for reference as some are better than others firemountain gemshas some crystal info in their reference section too

Hope this has been of help

Love and Light

Blessed Be

• love spells should never be for onesself it will defintley backfire! if the person that you are trying to cast the spell on to make love you doesnt even love himself, what happens is twisted it will turn on you and become a sick uncontrollable love you have for them! this is whats happening to me now for 6yrs. i was allready in love with him, but i wanted him to love me the same.this was the only spell ive ever cast and i dont know how to undo it. i love this man deaply but we constantly fight. i wish i would have let it come naturaly.is their any one whom can help even if he isnt with me at the time. i need to heal my heart from this sick depression! all i am is a heart wanting to be loved its the fish in me swimming in circles!

• I find this subject very interesting. I have been going through some very trying times of late, actually for a very long time. I went to Scotland to visit my sister to try to regroup and draw some strength for the upcoming trials I was facing.

I took many long walks. In the course of walking far from the town, I found a pink quartz polished heart. I am wondering now, after reading this site, could it have been placed there for me for a purpose? I have had psychic experiences, guardian angels, etc.

I feel like I am facing the biggest battle of my life right now. I need all of the help and strength I can get. I did try to commit suicideafter receiving a devastating email from a son who wants no part of me. I am ashamed that I tried such a cowardly thing, but I felt so hopeless.

I am really trying to find myself, it is the biggest battle of my life. I guess I need to learn to love myself.

Thanks for listening. Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

• Barbralee I would definitely say that it was put there for you the heart is a symbol of love and rose (pink) quartz attracts love, you are being given a very obvious message there, from whom I couldn't say but I do know found things are always messages for me, so why not others. I have found that if I do not work on my jewellerymaking I always lose earrings usually ones I like but instead of making them (because usually I can), I've bought them if I then work a bit sometimes I even find the ones I lost, thing is it always seems to work that way, lately I havent had much luck selling so I hadn't made much but I always left repairing or redesigning my own pieces to last, and now I have a box full, I was told in no uncertain terms to get on with them I'd bought a pair of coral chip sleeper style earrings, I never even had them three hours before I lost them, so you see how it works have a word with your Guardian angels if you can they may tell you something about why these things happened to you but I am sending hugs, because you could probably do with them anyway love because you definitely need that and wishes for your happiness too

Love and Light

Blessed be