Feeling Ungrounded?

• During this special time of Ascension, you may be (like me) feeling a bit light-headed or ungrounded. I have found this technique very useful lately for both bringing me down-to-earth while inspiring me at the same time. It's a great zap of energy. From the website - processcoaching.com/runningenergy.html

Grounding Cords

The running energy practice is done sitting upright with both feel flat on the floor or ground. Imagine there is a "grounding cord" like a root extending down from the base of your spine, through the chair, through the floor(s) of the building, through the crust of earth, all the way to the center of the earth. Then send additional grounding cords down from the bottom of each foot, following the same path as the central grounding cord.

Method

Using imagination and breath, draw the earth energy from the center of the earth up the grounding cords to the base of the your spine. Using at least one breath for each center, move the earth energy up into each center, one at a time. Say in your mind's voice, "First chakra opening now and filling with earth energy." Continue with each chakra in turn. It's good to imagine the earth energy as warm, smooth, healing and nurturing, drawing energy. When earth energy is running through all the chakras, allow it to flow out through the top of your head, imagining your body to be like a fountain of earth energy.

With the earth energy running, imagine the spirit energy above you as a clear golden light, and bring it down through your crown. You may notice a difference in the feeling of this energy, it's more electric, sharp and outgoing. Using your breath, draw the spirit energy down through each chakra, just as you brought the earth energy up. When you get to the first chakra, send the spirit energy down your grounding cords, grounding it in the center of the earth.

Then with both earth and spirit energy running, take a moment to check each chakra and notice the relative flow of energy. If there are any blockages, release them using intention and visualization to get the process started. You'll end with all your centers open and vibrating and feeling balanced, with earth and spirit energy running in an even and smooth pattern.

Notes

The whole exercise should take about five or ten minutes when you first start doing it. After doing it for a while, it will happen more quickly and take only a minute or two for the same results.

Also, there may be no sensing of the energy the first few times you do this, and that's fine. Go through the process using just your imagination and breath, and you will be feeling or sensing the energy soon enough.

The premise of this exercise is that there are two fundamental energies available to humans, the feminine, magnetic, "earth" energy, and the masculine, electric, "spirit" energy. The exercise helps us become more aware of these energies and balance them.

The exercise helps you ground in the earth energy and open to the spirit energy. It also has the effect of opening the various energy centers or "chakras" and balancing your subtle and life-force energies, creating a clear space for doing process work.

The subtle energy centers used in the exercise are the same as the seven major chakras from the Hindu system. Each center has a specific function, and the energy in each has a unique "feel."

The Energy Centers/Chakras:

FIRST: The survival center or "root chakra" is located at the base of the spine. Energy in this center relates to physical survival and represents our connection with the earth and the magnetic essence.

SECOND: The emotional/sexual center is located just above the first center. This center has two parts, the lower relates to sexual energy and the upper to emotional energy, or "gut feelings."

THIRD: The will center is located in the area of the solar plexus. This center relates to our sense of identity and well being. It also relates to the energy of what we want in our lives and manifesting from the Will.

FOURTH: The heart center is located in the center of the chest. The heart center of course relates to love, both giving and receiving, and to our sense of affinity and connection with others.

FIFTH: This is the throat center. It relates to communication, the faculty of clairaudience, the channeling of words, and manifesting from Spirit.

SIXTH: Also known as the "third eye," this center is located in the center of the head at a level just above the eyebrows. It relates to knowledge and wisdom, the faculty of clairvoyance, and seeing into inner realities.

SEVENTH: The crown chakra is located at the top of the head and opens upward, like a funnel. This center represents our connection with Spirit and is the place where transcendent spirit comes into human form.

• Another interesting website and forum for those interested in all spiritual, paranormal and personal development matters is stevepavlina.com/forums

• Hi! I sat down to post on the other thread and got a phone call. Just saw this as I was thinking about closing up teh computer. My mind has been on, around, inside,lol this topic all afternoon.

I'm sensing something in the collective consciousness ... LOL !

• Definitely! I also feel i must post something here that I found for manifesting what you want. It's a little like the Law of Attraction but is just a quick but powerful little exercise. I feel that the people here need it - it's from Steve Pavlina's website that I mentioned above. I also like his exercise for discovering your life purpose but haven't tried it yet.

For manifesting your intent -

Creating the intention

First, I get clear about what I want to manifest. Through meditation I put myself into a very relaxed state of mind, and I implant my new intention by concentrating on it for at least 60 seconds. The meditation is nothing complicated; I usually just do a few minutes of deep breathing and progressive muscle relaxation.

I imagine my intention visually, so in my mind’s eye, I picture what my life will be like once the intention has already manifested. I inject a lot of positive emotion into these visualizations as well. If I can’t create strong positive emotions, then I know there’s no real desire. In that case I’ll either drop or alter the intention. Intentions without desire have very little power to manifest. If I don’t really, really, really want it, there’s no point in intending it.

Alpha reflection

Usually within 24-72 hours of putting out a new intention, I experience the alpha reflection. I receive validation that the intention has taken hold. Normally this takes the form of a very noticeable synchronicity. Sometimes the synchronicity is part of manifesting the results; other times it just seems to be an acknowledgement that the intention was received, like finding some extra money on the ground.

Interestingly, I’ve noticed that the more I trust and expect my intentions to manifest, the weaker the alpha reflections are (in terms of their magnitude). I think this is partly because I’ve grown so accustomed to working with intention-manifestation that I don’t need to be beaten over the head with validation anymore. I’m just able to trust it. I still see the alpha reflections, but they aren’t normally as jolting.

Calm before the storm

The alpha reflection dies down pretty quickly, and then there’s a lull that can last anywhere from several days to several weeks. This period used to frustrate me because I thought my intentions had totally fizzled — lots of people give up during this time. Big mistake! This is just the calm before the storm. It’s also the period where it’s most crucial to continue holding the intention and to carefully avoid putting out conflicting intentions. If I start harboring thoughts like, “Why isn’t this working?” or “I wonder if this will work,” I kill the intention. I must know it will work. Sometimes I kill intentions on purpose during this time when I realize I don’t really want them or if I think of something better to intend.

Beta reflection

As I continue to hold the intention and faithfully expect its manifestation, I eventually experience the beta reflection. Typically this begins more than a week after the intention is first formed. Whereas the alpha reflection is just an acknowledgement that the intention has been received, the beta reflection is the substantial beginning of the real manifestation.

The beta reflection is much longer, stronger, and slower than the alpha reflection. Imagine a thunderstorm. If the alpha reflection is a lightning flash, the beta reflection is the rolling thunder that arrives much later. Both originated with the same event, but they reach you at different times.

The beta reflection generally arrives in three forms: ideas, opportunities, and resources.

First, I experience a noticeable surge in ideas related to my original intention. These ideas may come in the form of spontaneous inspiration, or they may arrive through other people. For example, I might get a new optimization idea that takes only 20 minutes to implement and instantly boosts my income. Sometimes a good idea is all I need to manifest what I want, so I can carry it to completion on my own. But if the intention is big enough, then ideas and direct action won’t be enough by themselves.

The beta reflection also brings new opportunities. Often these seem to come out of nowhere. Someone I don’t even know may bring me a juicy opportunity related to my intention, even though I haven’t told anyone about it yet.

Lastly, the beta reflection brings new resources, which may include information, people, money, etc. Whatever is required to manifest the intention eventually comes into my life. Often I’ll experience three or more random people recommending the same book to me on the same day, and that book will just happen to contain exactly the answers I need to manifest my intention.

It’s still important to continue holding the intention during the beta reflection, but it’s not as difficult as during the pre-beta lull because now you have some genuine momentum. It doesn’t require as much faith to see that the intention is starting to manifest — even the logical mind is able to see it coming together. The main thing is to keep your logical mind from screwing it up by trying to control the process too much.

Depending on the complexity of the intention, the beta reflection can last for months or years. In fact, I believe our overall results in life can be interpreted as the long-term summation of our beta reflections from a lifetime of intentions. Whatever you imagine with enough energy will eventually manifest. If your thoughts are clear and focused, you’ll manifest your desires relatively quickly and easily. If your thoughts are jumbled and chaotic, you’ll manifest a seemingly random and haphazard life for yourself.

Manifestation

With the expansion of the beta reflection, the ultimate manifestation comes together in a fairly straightforward manner. Usually there’s some form of direct action involved, but the actions that follow are smooth, flowing, and easy. No tedium or struggle is required. The universe does 80-90% of the work. The final combination of ideas, opportunities, and resources are high leverage, making it possible to achieve fantastic results with a minimal investment of time and energy.

At first I was frustrated because I couldn’t manage to stay focused on my desires long enough. I kept falling back into old thought patterns and inadvertently killed my best intentions within a matter of days, sometimes within a matter of hours. I’d think about building my business and then worry about how I was going to manage it. I’d think about improving my marriage and then have thoughts about breaking up. I’d think about moving to a nicer home and later imagine renewing my existing lease. No results but the status quo. I found it incredibly frustrating to be betrayed by my own thoughts.

One of the keys for me was to fully accept that staying focused on my desires was absolutely critical, not optional. Regardless of whether I think the universe is objective or subjective, I know that my dominant thoughts are the key determinants of my results in life. My thoughts control my decisions, and my decisions over time control my results. When I really understood that, I assumed a new level of responsibility for every thought that went through my mind. I decided to take conscious control of my thoughts no matter what. I saw that I could no longer afford to have my mind haphazardly dwelling on things I didn’t want.

Lately I’ve developed a tremendous respect for the power of intention. As I keep experimenting with it, I see abundant evidence that something very powerful is happening behind the scenes. I’m achieving my goals more easily than ever before. I’m doing more meditation and thinking and taking a lot less direct action. I do what feels most natural to me, and it just seems to work out perfectly. I allow the universe to handle most of the details while I focus on the high-level outcomes.

I will surely continue experimenting with the power of intention. Presently I spend about 30 minutes a day just holding my intentions and letting them swirl around in my imagination. Then I sit back and watch my external reality shift little by little to come into alignment with these intentions. The cumulative effect still blows me away. If I’m right about where this is heading, we should witness some enormously positive changes in my life over the next several years. I don’t know how long these beta reflections will take to fully unfold, but I’m certainly looking forward to finding out.

Use SMOG, not MOSG

When I was first learning to drive a car, my drivers education teacher taught me the acronym SMOG, which stands for Signal, Mirror, Over the shoulder, Go. It’s the order of actions to perform when changing lanes on the highway. Note that the first action is to signal your intention to change lanes. Of course, what do most people do? In practice they follow something like MOSG: Mirror, Over the shoulder, Signal, Go. They first determine whether or not they can change lanes by looking for an opening. If there’s no opening, they wait. They speed up or slow down to find a spot. They’re afraid that if they signal first when there’s no opening, they’ll look like a dolt because no one will let them in. But the truth is that even if there isn’t an opening, many drivers will allow you an opening if you signal first. If you don’t signal, the only way they can tell you want to change lanes is via telepathy. The longer you signal, even when there’s no opening at first, the more pressure you build in the other drivers to let you in.

This is a great analogy for how intention-manifestation works. You have to signal (intend) first. Sometimes if you look before signaling, there just won’t be an opening. But signal anyway, and you’ll create the very opening you seek.

For example, if you want a new relationship, let the universe know what you want. Signal! Don’t check your mirrors first to see if there’s someone available in the next lane. You’ll miss way too many wonderful opportunities that way.

Don’t give up!

It requires significant mental discipline to manifest both the alpha and the beta reflections of your intentions. Without the ability to stay mentally focused on what you want, noisy and conflicting mental chatter will destroy your best intentions before they have a chance to take root. It may take years of practice to develop the ability to stay focused on what you want. But the time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well put it to good use. I’ve even found it helpful to simply intend to get better at manifesting. Don’t give up!

• Thanks Captain, grounding and manifesting are two things I need in my life right now. I will give them both a go. Thank you for being a fountain of useful information (again!).

• Woohooo wonderful info there for us to read and make use of - Thanks so much Captain. I think as you said it is something that most of us can use and need at this time

• Hi again Captain

I dont know if you can help but....I have always had great difficulty with the visualization aspect of meditating...I dont know if because I was a 7th month baby and it didnt develop...or if the traumatic brain injury I got from a fractured skull damaged that part of my brain or what....but for example the grounding cord exercise...I can "feel" a rope of energy and focus through with intent to the ground, but the idea of the ground...i dont "see" the cord connecting me to the earth, only the concept. Same as with surrounding myself with light I have trouble seeing the light, I substitute temperatures for colors and call on sense memory to recreate the appropriate feeling if that makes sense to you. I am able to get alfa state only if led verbally by a guide or a tape.What do you think, is this something I can develop (actually visualizing) with say opening my thrd eye, or perhaps looking into lucid dreaming?

ps I love the smog analogy

• Captain I think that the unbalance so off at the moment for me that it has caused me to get dizzy for the last three or four days. And the weather hasn't be conducive for being outside in the grass barefooted to help with my regrounding. And no big bodys of water which is really good for me. So this will be something that I will use and see if the stumbling and dizziness gets better and goes away. Thanks for this information.

• Penancing if you are getting the same benefits from feeling as from 'seeing', then you are OK.

Yes LL, the energies have been very weird and strong lately since the eclipse.

• I was given a visualisation to use while I was meditating today so i'm passing it on. If you have wanted to manifest something, and have used the intentions meditationin this thread, then you have to look into your chakras to see where the intention has gone. It must be down in one of your three lower 'material world' chakras - specifically the yellow abdomen one - in order to manifest in the real world. I found mine sitting in my third eye chakra - the one for 'seeing' the intention - and moved it down into my yellow chakra.

• TheCaptain ~ Good ole common sense will bite me in the tush everytime, lol ! Never thought of that ~ Thanks!

Like the cute avatar!

• Thank you so much for the information and what a great topic that we can all use. Sometimes we all need reminded about grounding. Yesterday I was driving in a snow storm and listening to music and enjoying my drive when suddenly I turned the corner and there were a couple cars along side the road and to the left a car had flipped over and was in the ditch. Before I knew it I was crying and felt a great loss. I did not stop, there were enough people and I could see ememergency lights in the distance. Luckily I was by myself and it took me a few minutes to stop the tears. I realized that just like that my empathy kicked in and I had no control and I did not even see it coming. It scared me, I expect it when I go to crowded places and can try to block it or at least be aware of it. Same with people some people I really pick up so I guess I prepared myself. This was so strong, I know I have been more aware lately and that my senses are changing but I do know I have to work more on my grounding and we all should. Thanks again.

• Yes, empathic people need to be very careful to ground themselves and release all the emotions they get from others or risk burnout and breakdown.

• There are many good sites on the internet to tell empaths how to

1. recognise if you are one

2. tell you how to deal with it and protect yourself.

• This is so very interesting!

Had to bump it! 🙂

• I'll bet there are a lot of empaths out there who don't recognise what they are.

• Wow, yet again Captain. You're a tower of inspiration and I always enjoy your posts. I will take all this info on board. Thank you as always! 😄

• Hi Captain, thank you so much for such very helpful information. I am going to try the grounding exercise.

I have sent my intentions out to the universe numerous times, I've put it in writing and verbally but I find that I get despondent with negative thoughts which throw off my intention. I have started an exercise which I have been doing for a week now...I have written out my intention/desire and I meditate and repeat it every night but I have been getting impatient.....thank you for advice of trusting and believing in order for the intention to materialise. I guess that's the hardest part. Thank you again 🙂

• Gamby, any impatience or lack of trust will blast your intentions apart.

• Hey Captain, Just have to bump this so I can read it thoroughly tomorrow, have been looking for this type of info, hit the jackpot here, I just discovered the empath info less than a yr ago...shocking - but a relief . You are wonderful! Thank you, Thank you!!