Any reading appreciated

• Hello All,

I've been going through a very negative phase and I think it's finally coming to an end. However it's hard for me to try and break through and be happy or positive again. It's like I'm stuck and I'm so used to feeling like this I can't see or feel anything else. I'm just down. Bday is 12 march 1985.

Thankyou

• Hi stronginside, I'm sorry you've been through such a negative phase and still feeling down. I know it is difficult to lift above the fog when you have been through a bad time but you can do it. I am not a reader so maybe someone here can help you with that. I can offer you support and encouragement though. I was going to list a bunch of suggestions and activities that might help get you out and going again and lift you out of this but I'm wondering first......What steps have you taken so far towards feeling more positive? I really want to help in any way possible and am sure others here can also offer good insights. You'll get through this. x

• I try and distract myself with things, try and look on the positive side, i have tried to meditate, i've tried to read about spiritual things and find my way through this but it feels like a haze i can't get out of.

I'm very grateful for you trying to help, thankyou

• I totally understand how hard it is to get out of a slump. You can do it though and you will. Have you tried yoga classes? I was really down about a year ago and found a yoga studio near me. Besides the benefits on mind and body, I also met a lot of really nice and supportive people through those classes. It helped a lot to be surrounded by those people and gave me something to look forward to.

Let's see.....well, it can be very therapautic to be around animals. Do you have any? Would you be interested in volunteering at a local humane society? It might be therapeutic to help socialize and care for animals while helping them to find homes.

Anyway, those are a few things that I found helpful while recovering from a down time. Sometimes, just going out for a walk can be nice too. Especially if you have a supportive friend to go with and talk out feelings.

I know you can get through this and start feeling better. There are some really kind and supportive people on these forums and I imagine they will have some helpful advice and insight for you.

Please remember that this seems like it will never go away but it is temporary. You never know what kind of exciting experiences will be around the corner. Also, please keep posting! I really want to know how you're doing.

• Hi again, I was just thinking of you. Hope you are having a good day. Was wondering if you have any close friends or family you can talk to about your feelings? Just talking and getting out and about with positive like-minded people can help a lot. Oh, and I was thinking that journal writing can be helpful for getting all those feelings down on paper. It's almost as if once they are written down, you can let them go. Anyway, just wanted to say hi and hope you are feeling any better?

• Hello Stonyeye, Thankyou I am feeling better. It's very sweet of you to ask. I am now living very far away from my friends and family which I think might make things worse sometimes because it gives me too much free time to dwell on things. I don't want to share or burden any of them. I know it sounds silly because I'm sure that they would be willing to help and advise me. I also don't want them knowing about my issues. I'm going to try and deal with it myself for now. I really like your journal idea. I used to write a lot before, sometimes I would write and then throw the piece of paper away because it was the process of getting it out that was theraputic.

Thankyou so much for your concern.

• Stronginside, I really feel you have to get out of yourself and physically out of your residence. Don't look for distractions within your home. You need to be around people at the moment, not online but in the flesh. Go and volunteer at a hospital or an old people's home. You need to feel useful and appreciated and loved. There are so many organisations that could use your help. Or join a club or do a class - but please get out of your solitary state. It's not good for you to be alone at the moment. Get busy. You have too much time on your hands.

• Thankyou for your advice