Question about negativity

• Can anyone tell me if negativity will actually attract "negativity"? If you know what I mean. My daughter is bothered by negative energy lately and I was just wondering if her own negative attitude could be attracting this problem? Your thoughts .....

• Hello RCdreamer 🙂

I don't know all the logistics of it, but yes, what you put out is what you get back. Positivity attracts positivity and negativity attracts negativity. It definitely has something to do with the "law of attraction".

Here is an excerpt from a web site I googled..

"This resonate definition of the Law of Attraction would be, like attracts like. If my vibrating energy is positive, I will attract into my life positive people, likewise if my vibrating energy is negative, I will attract like-minded negative people.

The definition of the Law of Attraction could be perhaps more easily explained as the Law of Vibration.

Michael Losier definition of the Law of Attraction simply puts it as,

“A Definition of The Law of Attraction is, I attract to my life whatever I give my attention, Energy and Focus to. Whether wanted or unwanted.”

Another definition of the Law of Attraction says that with syncronicity, we attract from the outside what you resonate with, on the inside." http://www.law-of-attraction-guide.com/definition-of-the-law-of-attraction.html

Hope this helps!

Sacogirl

• Yes, absolutely. Negative attitudes can and will attract negative energy. If she's tired of all the negativity, then all she has to do is change her attitude and the way that she sees things. Instead of focusing on the negative aspects of her life, she should focus on the positive...no matter how small. She just needs to change her point of view...become grateful for the blessings in her life, and that her life isn't worse or harder than it really is.

If she's honestly having trouble redirecting her point of view (as opposed to just having a bad attitude), then try volunteering with her at a soup kitchen for the homeless. Sometimes kids have a hard time seeing their own blessings because they don't know any better. In their short lives (not sure how old your daughter is), all they've ever known is that they have everything that's been provided by their parents...a roof over their head, food, clothes, etc. It's not that they're ungrateful, it's just that they haven't been around long enough to really experience life and it's hardships. But by actually seeing firsthand how life is for others, it might get her to start thinking about what she really does have, and be more appreciative and more positive.

• sorry RCdreamer

I saw this post but didn't see your other thread where you were asking about my thoughts

it was close to new year so I was on and off the site I must have missed it

anyway, as I said before on your thread

it's how the universe works, it sends back what you send out

I can't say it's attraction because even if you are sending positive

doesn't mean you will only attract positive things

in fact, there are people who wish you negative things because they are jealous etc

sometimes people are jealous because they see you are always positive, not what you have

the only thing certain is that the universe sends you back what you send out

the universe will not stop anyone from sending you negative things

just as it won't stop you or your daughter sending negativity

because life is meant to learn and move forward

the person who sends you negativity, will learn his/her lesson

the lesson the universe wants you to learn, as the person who is suffering from negativity

is to protect and cleanse yourself of it

negative energy feeds on life force, that's why its presence drains you or anyone it hits

when it is done with you, it will move to the person you live with, aka your family

it will drain your family one by one

this negative energy can come from your own doing in the past (returned to you by the universe), someone else sending you and your family out of anger etc

the level of negative energy that hits you and family, depends on the frequency and intensity

someone who is very very angry of you or your family can actually send you a very powerful negative energy that lingers for years

one example of such energy is a generational curse

I am not saying you are cursed, I am just giving an example that you may understand

as I said before, the universe will provide guidance and support to face life challenges

but it will not control what we send out, we have to do this ourselves

to the universe we are equal

therefore you and your family need to start from within

learn to accept your rights and wrongs for only then you can accept others' wrongs and rights

learn to forgive yourselves, for only then you can forgive others

you and your family need to start anew

open the doors to the past, accept your rights and wrong doings in the past

then close the doors, never dwell in the past or you will invite past hurts back

live in the current, for the future - this is where you are heading: the future

no single person is always right, always lucky

make amends whenever possible or necessary, to those you have wronged

to start anew is to start clean

without a clean start, you and family can not move forward, your steps will be heavy and heavier

negative energy will take you over, until there is nothing left

• Thank you DarknessAngel and LeoScorpion for adding to and clarifying my reply.

Leoscorpion, it's funny, but when I when I considered replying to the original post, I was thinking that you would actually be the best person to answer..lol, however, I decided to give it my best shot in the mean time! You are very knowledgeable about this topic and have a great way of explaining it.

Blessings,

Sacogirl

• after you and family have made a clean start :

here are some tips to protect and cleanse you of negative energy.

You may choose which ones to do, based on your budget and willingness

I choose to do all them, every day, for 3 years now

they work for me, but you should only do what works for you, of course to each their own

try within your means, no need to burn a hole in your pocket

give it 2 months and see what happens

whatever you choose to do, you have to do it every day, to see the results within 2 months

also, if you do find some other ways to protect and cleanse yourselves, by all means do it

these tips below work for me, or else I wouldn't be doing them for 3 years

but to each their own

first. clean your environment

use sage incense, lit one or two every day. take it to each room in your house, try to go around each room corner to corner. after all rooms are done, leave it by the door (one at front one at back) or you can leave one at any room you feel like it (not necessary but you can). I am told that sandalwood incense will do, if you can't find sage, but I never tried it myself.

second, clean your self from lingering negative energy. use the gems It's quartz crystal, clear (not colored). Clean them every day, with salt under running water. no need to use handful of salt, just enough amount and no need to rub the crystals aggressively. You only clean the surface, so just a quick rub will do. tap water is fine, if you can't find fresh water, it has to be running that's all. then let the crystals air dry. when they are dry, blow your breath onto each corner of the gems. this way gems will work for you. when you blow your breath, pour your lingering sadness/worry/despair/anger onto the gems. Energize the gem as often as you can. find a place where the sun light can reach it and leave it there for two hours at least. The sun, like fire, is a great transformer. it will neutralize negative energy in the crystal.

third protect yourself at all times. visualize white/blue light around you, hold on to this visualization when communicating with people, whether by phone, email or in person. the light will return negative energy back to sender and allow positive in. this way no more negative energy can attack you, and gives you time to work on the gems to neutralize negative energy that has been lingering around you for some time. don't share your gem with others, keep it safe. don't even let them touch it. the gem will absorb negativity you pour onto it and transform it, if the other person touch it when it is working, they will be hurt.

Four, understand the concept of energy. we all live under the same universal law. what we send out will be returned to us. we all make mistakes. what you have to do is look back to the past, make assessment about yourself, be honest about the rights or wrongs you have done to anybody including yourself. learn from them and close the door to the past. make amends when necessary or possible. we all have been wrong before and to certain point, have sent out negativities towards someone no matter how small we thought it was. the more negativities we send out the more we get them back. so we suffer from our own negativities and negativities that others send us (which the universe will send back to them, but nonetheless they do hurt us). some energy can linger for years, depends on the intensity and the frequency it is sent. start to live your life in positivity from now on. refrain from dwelling in the past, anger, sadness, jealousy, wishing bad things happen to someone, despair, regret, revenge etc. revenge belongs to the universe. you don't have to pretend or fake a smile when someone wrongs you, lies, pretentious, denials are negativity. you can however, say, 'I am human being. you don't need to do this to me' or ignore them and move on. let the universe do what it always does.

Do the sage cleansing, gem cleansing and energizing, visualization, and keeping positive thoughts/words/actions - every day. Within 2 months or even lesser, you will see improvement. By then you can decide which routine you want to keep doing and which one to stop. I would suggest don't stop any, but that is your choice. Also, don't forget to live your life in balance. nurture your physical and psyche. with the physical, you know you can go with balanced diet and routine exercise. do the same with the psyche. the psyche is link to the universe guidance, don't ignore it. you can find free yoga./meditation videos online. or go with your beliefs. read spiritual books that interest you, they are chicken soups for the soul.

To calm you down, get Bach Flower Rescue remedy. any homeopathy store has it. you can also calm yourself down by saying This Too shall pass, repeatedly until you regain comfort. this also works when you start feeling down and negative energy tries to drain you or someone's action makes you want to send negativity towards them.

Use affirmations, say it any time you want, out loud or in mind. Something like "I am positive. I will stay positive. I am protected. The universe will provide me all the help I need" or make your own. This is called reprogramming you, pretty much taking you to calm state and help you focus on the work you are doing. Don't fret if you feel down or fail, stand back up and try again. The affirmations need to include the request for universe help, for the universe help is the best support we can get.

Sorry it's long, maybe just copy and paste it then you can print and read it when you have time.

• sacogirl

knowledge and wisdom belong to the universe

I learned from helpful people and spirits before I found this forum

all I am doing is sharing what I learned

I believe there are many more knowledgaeble people out there

they just haven't found this forum yet to share what they have learned

I am happy to have helped and thank you for the kind words

you have shared what you learned, too

may the universe returns you your kindness

• Thank you for taking the time to so thoroughly explain the procedures to me. I feel very much that I have allowed my power to be taken from me or subdued in some way because of past issues. Not necessarily issues of my own but instances that have occurred. Nearly three years ago we suffered a fire which took our home. Well my home I guess. My daughter had just moved out because we disagreed on a matter I was not flexible about. I never in any way told her to leave I just put my foot down that a certain (negative) person was not welcome in my home. She took it upon herself to choose him and leave, only regretting it later after suffering continued abuse. Alas the fire changed my circumstances and put us very much in a different place in life, on a different path if you will. One I am still trying to understand and get solidly aligned. She has since left the other party, had a child and we all three live together. We split the costs but she often states derogatory comments that I find hurtful. As if I am intruding, as if I am taking from her or costing her something. I do my share and more what most mothers do, with no recognition. Not that I expect that but when I hear the opposite effects it upsets me greatly. Her perspective of how life and I are treating her is very skewed and extremely negative at times. She has become extremely paranoid about "something" in her room lately. My guess is she attracted it with this attitude. Unfortunately right or wrong I feel that the more negative and angry she becomes over issues that are really in her head, that she will only be allowing this energy to grow in power. I will do what I can to use the tips you have all provided here for me. I will try to protect my grandchild and all of us as a family but I am worried about the effects this energy and her negativity will have on her and her future. Just call me a concerned mom. I see her acting as I did over twenty years ago, but I had a wake up call and changed my ways to protect her, to provide for her, to be a better person. I only hope she too can change before it's too late. Your prayers are appreciated.

• Thanks to one & all who have responded to my inquiry. I welcome your further input. I feel very much the victim and am trying very hard not to take the position to protect us all from the negativity. I only wish I could get through to my own that I love her and I'd do anything for her and I do. If only she'd realize that and know she really isn't alone in her struggles. The world she thinks she is living in, is in her mind and must be terrible from her perspective. I only wish she'd realize it isn't and doesn't have to be that way. Someone I worked for once said to me with all I have struggled with and somehow overcome in my past that he wondered if I weren't under attack by the devil. Your thoughts?

• Thanks for your input also. I like the idea of seeing how things are not so bad by doing for others who have it worse. She is not a child, but a child of mine in her 20s. Which I'm told could be part of the issue. Any further thoughts you may have are welcomed as I try to get a grasp on correcting this situation as best I can. I feel so blessed to have found a place I can express my thoughts and see guidance.

• RC

Yes the fire and abuse happened so that you as a family will again live under the same roof and solve your issues. As I said before you both have to start clean. Many times things that didn’t matter to us, were big deal to others. Both of you need to sit down and talk about it.

This is not the time to blame anybody, not even yourself. Arrange just one day to sit and talk with your daughter. Tell her this in advance, so that she can be prepared and not walking out of it. Whatever happened in the past, must stay in the past. You need to explain to her, that the conversation is needed because it is about your future as a family – yours, hers, the children. Tell her to make a list of what she needs you to do, in order to make things work between you two.

She didn’t leave home because she was in love with the other guy/girl/friend or whoever it was. She was leaving you. You need to find the reason why she wanted to leave you. It’s not evil possessed home. It’s something in the past, deeply rooted in her. Something that you did, it was small and probably you apologized, but she couldn’t forgive you. She might not be able to explain it clearly, what you did and what happened in the past, because it’s been so long and on top of that she was abused so the hurts overlap and distort her views towards you.

Deep inside, she loves you and knows you love her, or else she will not return to you. She might say that she has nowhere else to go after she is abused, but the fact that she stays with you, shows that the feeling exists. She had run away before, if she doesn’t feel anything towards you and the home, she would’ve run away again. But she stays, another proof she does love you. She is now a mother, like you. Would you take your baby and live with someone you don’t trust or love? No. Again, she does love and trust you to a certain degree.

She will not recognize your efforts as a mother, until you can recognize her as a person. To recognize someone as a person, is to acknowledge her flaws and achievements, no matter how small and meaningless it is in your eyes. Dig out old photos or items that could bring fond memories of you and her spending time together. You might not have many since you said the house was burned down 3 years ago. But try your best. You can even print baby pictures or baby items online, and tell her that she used to wear the same things or play with the same toys or in the same places these babies do. Describe the events and items the best that you can, this will help her remember them.

If it was as pleasant for her as it was for you, it will relax her, and you can then read her list. If there was anything unpleasant in these memories, this is where you will hear it from her. Don’t judge yourself or her in any way and in all cases. Just try to understand her point of view and don’t get defensive no matter what she said.

This conversation is very important. If you can stay calm and collected during this conversation, no matter how negative she sounds, it will create more profound effect on her than you thought. She will think that you are not as ‘bad’ as she thought. She will be more willing to open up, at least having another conversation with you, and this is a good start. In time, whether you believe it or not, she will recognize you as a mother. Things will be clear for her and she will know whether it was entirely your fault, or hers, or simply just one of those days when things go bad for no reason. Whatever you do, you have to make this conversation happens, and happens in a peaceful way.

Hope this helps.

• leoscorpion you are so dead on, you really are getting a good read of the situation. I've been thinking a lot about the same kind of conversation. I was going to write her a letter to try to figure out what on earth I did or didn't do or couldn't protect her from, I believe it is mostly the latter that is the issue. But how do you protect someone from something you don't know is happening?

Anyway, thank you for your insight. I need to give it a lot of thought and find the right time because I fear the results could be disastrous if taken in the wrong context or if she walks out before we complete the conversation. If anything else comes to mind please let me know.

• sure RC

yes you need to think it over before deciding the time for the conversation

you need to be prepared, for she will use this time to pour all her frustrations and it could get really overwhelming if you are not ready to stay calm and collected

believe in your heart, that she does love you and hold on to this in times of struggle

if she doesn't love you, what you say or do to her, wouldn't matter

but she is angry and frustrated because what happened in the past

why did this matter? because this event involved you and you are a person who meant and still mean something to her - in a way, this is a recognition already

although the recognition is tainted by hurts, not necessarily your doing, but just happened

take your time and be prepared for the storm

with the items and pictures, fond memories, words to say, how to stay calm and accepting

you have been through it in your youth and you managed to overcome it

there is no better person than you, in this world, to help her do the same

it is not too late, reach out to her while she still (secretly) loves you

I hope for the best

• Leoscorpion,

Well she caught me off guard. I've been giving thought to the conversation that needs to take place and wanted to get the memories stuff together to sort of "do it right". Last night she just started ranting about things that are bothering her. Although I did respond to what I could, it was not a conversation. I refused to allow myself to be drawn into a shouting match. From the rant I understand a bit about what is going through her head but I'm sure that is the tip of the iceberg. It's obvious to me the fuel to this fire is issues of the past that I am still unaware of or that exist in her mind / memory. I know we still need to talk and sooner rather than later but I just wondered if by being caught off guard it's changed our opportunity to resolve these issues?

A long time ago a psychic told me I needed to resolve issues with my dad in this life time. He passed many years ago and although I did tell him how I felt, I'm not sure it was resolved exactly. Is it possible some of this tension is unresolved karmic issues from me and my dad or others in the past? I was told he & I had a karmic relationship. I must admit in some ways it feels as if history is repeating itself at least with the way feelings are being interpreted. Your thoughts?