Long Distances

• About 9 months ago, I met this guy at a inter school function. I fell head over heels for him, and by the end of the weekend, I had split up with my boyfriend of 2 years for him. We were together for an intense 4 months, and he loved me as much as I did him.

The problem started when he went away for a gap year to the other side of the world. We decided that it would be best if split up for that time, and when he gets back in June 2010, we would see where we were. After about 2 weeks of this, he called me from Prague, and told me that he couldn't deal with it anymore, and wanted to be with me again, even if he couldn't be physically, and I agreed.

Now he's in India, and I haven't seen him for about 5 1/2 months, and even though we talk on skype, and email, I'm finding it really hard to cope with even after all this time. We're about halfway through his trip now, but I'm not coping very well at all.

I'm afraid, that after all this time, the guy I think I know will turn out to be a stranger, and the same spark that brought us together won't be there anymore. Is it a waste of time for me to be waiting for him? I keep myself occupied, but sometimes, the need for something so simple as a hug becomes painful, and I don't know what to do.

Help!!!

Astrael

• By the sounds of it you are both crazy about eachother. Focus on your love and not your fears and you will be alot more positive about it. I wouldn't worry about the spark not being there, if anything it may be more intense as you both havent seen eachother for so long. I bet he is also craving a hug from you too. If you think it is worth it hang on in there. I know I would for the man I love.

Good luck, I can imagine it cant be easy.

• Hi it's been nearly a year. Just wondering what's happened since your post. I hope things worked out for you.

The fishes