Interpretationsd of one card please

• Just done reading with very strong cards all pointing to pushing through challenges to expand my mind and challenge. myself. I got the Devil card in the ' Long Term Potential position'. I don't want to project my own interpretation on this. Ideas please!!

• Hi Gedge!

I haven't used cards in a while and I absorb the big picture when viewing them. I will offer this and hope it helps to reinforce what you think or re-examine it, k?

" strong cards all pointing to pushing through challenges to expand my mind and challenge. myself." One way to view this card: you got your answer as your sentence above states --- in essence, keep growing. Too often the Devil card is seen in the negative instead of as a way to break free and grow.

Another view: still just taking quoted sentence above : Is that Through this growth, your long term potential is too release old fears, habits, whatever Little Nasties your clinging to and reinvent yourself.

You did your own cards so I want detail The Devil. Did this help?

• sorry, typo > " want detail The Devil." not want, won't (sigh)

• I spent 5 Karma coins to find your answer because I am curious as to how the answer might be interpreted..

Long-term Potential: The Devil

Meaning of Position

The card in the Long-term Potential position points to unknowns still taking shape. It is the "wild card" yet to be played.

The card in the Long-term Potential position reveals probabilities and possible long-term results of the path you are going down. Because this card reflects the far future, you have time to consider if this is really the outcome you want to cultivate.

The deep future contains unknown factors still taking shape. This card can give clues as to the nature of these factors and the long-term result of this relationship. It can also reveal a "wild card" still to be played before all is said and done.

General Card Meaning

What has traditionally been known as the Devil card expresses the realm of the Taboo, the culturally rejected wildness and undigested shadow side that each of us carries in our subconscious. This shadow is actually at the core of our being, which we cannot get rid of and will never succeed in taming. From its earliest versions, which portrayed a vampire-demon, this card evoked the Church-fueled fear that a person could "lose their soul" to wild and passionate forces.

The image which emerged in the mid-1700's gives us a more sophisticated rendition -- that of the "scapegoated Goddess," whose esoteric name is Baphomet. Volcanic reserves of passion and primal desire empower her efforts to overcome the pressure of stereotyped roles and experience true freedom of soul. Tavaglione's highly evolved image (Stella deck) portrays the magical formula for harnessing and transmuting primal and obsessive emotions into transformative energies. As a part of the Gnostic message of Tarot, this fearsome passion and power must be reintegrated into the personality, to fuel the soul's passage from mortal to immortal

Main (positional) meaning:

Find the few things that really matter and passionately pursue them, excluding all distractions.

The card in the Long-term Potential position points to unknowns still taking shape. It is the "wild card" yet to be played.

The Devil card in this position points to the great potential you have to develop a powerful magnetism to attract what you want. You have an opportunity to harness your innate passion and natural charisma to become a powerful influence in your environment.

This will require self discipline -- not only to stay in touch with the passion that drives you, but also to master it so it doesn't race madly ahead or spiral downwards into addiction. Strive to become an authentic human being who is responsive to life's creative potential. Anything less will be flat and uninteresting. Be patient, such developments can't happen overnight. But it is available to you and you will feel much happier when you have won your way to that freedom.

I think it is both a warning and good advice...I think it means you have the potential to do GREAT but BE CAREFUL of what is not only OUT THERE but what is INSIDE of you that could trip you up. Things that can cloud your judgment and make you feel arrogant or impulsive in a reckless way for example.

All in all a good card to get to help you see that if you keep your eyes open and your mind focused on the right things you will do very well!

I would keep in in sight..like on the computer/mirror for a while to help you beware...

Whenever I get a warning I try to keep mindful of it...not afraid , but mindful...there is no need to fear, it does not mean anything BAD as much as it is a WARNING to STAY ON THE PATH, so to speak! Blessings to you....

• AtHome,

Nice thing you did for Gedge! I didn't know that about the coins -- haven't played enough on this site with what they offer. Is that how it was laid out as Long Term Potential say main, general etc. ?

Your last paragraph is a wise one and is good for anyone to keep in mind. Nicely, said ~ Kudos!

• Thank you so much for taking th trouble to reply. Regards and best wishes for your own goals.

• Have just read your thorough reply. It is so helpful. Thank you with all my heart. it is also a very familiar dichotomy I meet in my life. So thanks again and the very best wishes for everything you aim for.