Signs!

• So, I was driving on the freeway yesterday, feeling a little discouraged about some things when the traffic started slowing down. I looked at the lisence plate holder of the car in front of me and it said "Carpe Diem. Never ever ever ever give up!" What a perfect time to see that message! Made me smile. I think that is called synchronisity. Anyone else see little signs of enouragement when they need them?

• Ok, one more because this is really funny. It happened almost 10 years ago. I was preparing to move overseas for my first job. I was in the car with my mom and confiding that I was a little nervous and hoping I made the right decision to move. We were pulling into the parking lot of a restaurant for some lunch. The parking lot of was totally full except for one space. As I pulled into the space, my mom and I both burst out laughing. Written in white paint on the pavement of the space I was pulling into was a message that said : Hi ___ ____ ! I wont list my name as it is a public forum but my first and middle name was written in the blanks! Spelled exactly how I spell my first and middle name! How random and perfect is that?? I took that as a sign that I was exactly at the right place at the right time.

I KNOW people here have had similar experiences. Let's hear them!

• So i happen to love my best friend and we are the same on everylevel, but it just so happens nothing has happened with us yet, but i just know that he is the one for me....and one day i was driving and saw on the license plate in front of me "the first five letters of his last name, the first letter of his first name and the number 8" it was the craziest thing i have ever seen. it was a sign saying that i was on the right track or soemthing

• That's so cool heavens25! Definitely a sign. Did the 8 mean anything to you? I always equate the number 8 with either infinity or two things intertwined.

• YES I HAVE RECENTLY.MY EX , HIS NAME COMES UP ALL THE TIME, ECPECIALLY IN MOVIES I WATCH WHICH HAPPEN TO BE OF THE NATURE OF PEOPLE GETTING TOGETHER ,FALLING IN LOVE AND A HAPPY ENDING ALSO PEOPLE I MEET HAVE HIS NAME ITS NOT A COMMONLEY USED NAME ANTMORE, I TAKE THIS A A A SIGN THAT I NEED TO KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE AND WAIT .WE WILL GET BACK TO A BETTER PLACE! A PLACE OF SOLID GROUND!

• the number 84 mean soemthing but i never thought about that before! thats great! maybe i was suppose to stumble across this today, how crazy...thank you...why do you think we get these signs?

• Wow, really interesting about hearing your ex's name all the time StClaire. Especially as it is not a common name. I wonder if it also means that he is thinking of you?

heavens25, I personally think these signs are meant to show us that we are on the right path. If you do a google search on synchronisity, you'll come up with some interesting theories. Maybe it IS a sign that you came onto the boards today! lol! I love this stuff. I read an excellent book a while ago. I think the author was Carolyn Myss and the book was called "trust your intuition" ... something like that. Anyway, she talked a lot about the fact that signs like these are not coincidences but messages for us to pay attention to. I'll do a quick search and see if I can find the exact book title. I gave the book to a friend a while ago so don't have it anymore. Another book that was kind of cool is "When God Winks". Can't remember the author's name but it was all about these little seemingly random signs and coincidences.

• i have always believed in signs, but the confusing things is i see this guy all the time he really is my best friend, recently we were both fired and have had a hard time....but nothing has happened with us moving forward in a relationsip even though we act like it sometimes, i just wish there were a sign to say, "he will make a move on....." haha

• DEAR STONEYEYE VERY GOOD POINT, MY INSTINCTS TELL ME HE IS THINKING ABOUT ME, THERE IS A MOVIE IM WATCHING NOW AND HIS NAME IS ON OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS.AGAIN! ALSO BEING ON THE RIGHT TRACK ALSO MAKES SENSE, SIGNS ARE ALWAYS THERE WE JUST NEED TO BE AWARE. THEY ARE FROM THE UNIVERSE I BELIEVE, A GIFT FROM GOD JUST WHEN WE NEED THEM THE MOST. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

• Yes, I always seem to see license plates that apply to the moment...it's really weird, lol. I remember when I was going through my nasty divorce that I left the courthouse feeling very down and hopeless. When I got on the freeway, the car in front of me had a plate that read "Chin Up", and I laughed and laughed and felt a lot better! It seems like every time there is something going on in my life, along comes a plate that seems to really give me the advice I need at that moment. Strange but true.

• Hi stonyeye!

Always love this stuff, but memories are being pulled out as the greys grow ....ugh!

When its really needed it does happen -- Seize the Day ! ( Look into symbols, archetypes, mythology if u haven't, its all good!)

Great stories taken from actual written signs!

• Hi Laie4, lol! You make me laugh.

I will look more into symbols etc. I usually need the more obvious written "Hey stupid! Read this!" message to bop me in the head before I start paying attention. Although, Ellie Crystal has a really in depth website where she lists just about everything you could imagine as far as symbols, signs, mythology etc. I don't usually understand what the heck she is talking about when I read her blog but she has a great detailed list of files froom a-z concerning just about anything.

• Hey Darkness Angel! I love your "chin up" story. Sounds like it was absolutely perfect for that moment. I'm starting to believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence and that we get guidance all the time. Just need to pay attention.

• (((( BOP ))) Oh stonyeye, you have no idea how much I needed a good belly laugh right now!! We should start some kind of a cheer -up, silly, site, hehee

I'll look into that website soon Thanks for the tip!

• (((( BOP ))) Oh stonyeye, you have no idea how much I needed a good belly laugh right now!! We should start some kind of a cheer -up, silly, site, hehee

I'll look into that website soon Thanks for the tip!

• Stonyeye, I agree with you. My son and I are always checking out license plates and we're always seeing fun and unique ones. I remember a mini cooper car with a plate that read "3M INIM"...Mini Me backwards. And another one that I saw that said "B XLENT", which really made me laugh because "Bill and Ted" is one of my favorite movies. But I think my all time favorite was a plate that read "LV GD SAX", and the plate frame had some comment on it about saxophone music. But truthfully, whenever I'm feeling down (and life isn't that great right now), all I have to do is go for a drive, and sure enough, I will see a license plate that I can take as some kind of message to keep my chin up. 🙂

• Darkness angel,

LMAO! Mostly because I had to re-read the first & last one twice!! Sometimes I need that Bop ! BOP!

• hahaha! Love those examples Darkness Angel! I'm going to really be looking out for funny plates now.

Oh! I remember another cool "sign". I was in a chinese restaurant and some men were just getting up to leave after what looked like a business lunch. One of the guys handed me his fortune from his cookie and said, "I don't know why but I feel like this should be yours." The fortune said: you will travel far. Two months later, I had a job offer to work in Sweden and ended up leaving California to work there for three years! Pretty cool! Talk about a Bop! 🙂

• Ok, I'm really getting into this! I think these signs and messages are often delivered through other people too. My friend was telling me that she had lost her grandmother and was really sad and wondering how she was. She really wanted reassurance that her grandma was ok and and in a good place. She said that she was in a grocery store about a month after her grandmas' passing when some woman she had never met in her life came up to her out of the blue and said....honey, your grandma loves you very much and she is just fine.....and then the women squeezed her arm and walked out of the store. !!!!

• My problem is I tend to overlook these signs. It sucks I guess I have to pay attention. 🙂