Personal years

• I've been helping some friends by finding their personal numerology years, but I'm still new at this and have a question. Specifically, this person was born August 10 and wants to know what year 2010 is for her. So if I'm doing this right, and I might not be, I get 8+1+0=9. 2+0+1+0=3. 9+3=12. Now, do I add the 1 and the 2 together to get a year 3 for her, or am I getting this all mixed up.

Thanks for the help!!

Namaste

• Right, getting the sum of the digits is the method of getting the number which is important for numerology.

• Thank you sir!

• To be creative means to be in love with life. You can be creative only if you love life enough that you want to enhance its beauty, you want to bring a little more music to it, a little more poetry to it, a little more dance to it.

• I'm a little confused by personal years. I must have misread but somewhere I saw that you start off as a baby age 1 and that is also their 1 personal year....age 2 - personal year 2 and so on until 9. Then at age 10, you start back off with a 1 personal year and so on.... Is that method then only used to find out life pinnacles? I thought that also had to do with personal year. anyone know what I'm talking about?

• Well said, hanswolfgang. I have done just that recently. Added a little more poetry to the world. And made someone very happy with it, and in return, made me very happy to do so.

Namaste

• Oops. Sorry to have butt in on your conversation you two.

Hi Hanswolfgang. Many blessings to you. Your words continue to help me even if they are intended for someone else!

Azaza 12, you are correct in calculating your personal year. I was confused about it too...obviously from post above. What I described above is actually part of how you figure out the pinnacles or stages in your life. So much to learn about numerology. I had a reading a few years ago that I thought was really very accurate but the numerologist was working so fast and didn't explain how she was figuring it all out. Looked very complicated. I decided I wanted to learn how to do that on my own. Thinking of taking a course but until then, I found a great numerology website last night that explains how to calculate a lot of these numbers. I can pass along if you are interested?

• Azaza12,

the intelligent person lives choicelessly; whatsoever is right is so right that it has to be done! It is not a question of obeying anybody or disobeying anybody, That is all irrelevant. It is so right in itself that it has to be done. Whether it has been ordered by an authoritative figure or told by a small child it doesn´t matter.

• stonyeye,

we go on missing the point and we go on thinking of something else which was not the case; this is how the foolish mind functions. Enjoy the moment, and whatsoever the moment makes available to you, be enriched by.

• Yes, I understand the message of enjoy the moment. I do not understand the the first part of your message to me. Clearly, I am "missing the point!" 🙂

• Misery is not as big as you make it. So the first thing is to reduce it to the right proportion . . Be very factual. If you really want to transform your life, be factual. You can not get out of fictions, but you can get out of facts. Facts can be tackled, but fictions cannot be tackled.

To know life in its truth is a blessing; to know life as a lie is a misery. To live in lies is to live in hell. Lies are many, truth is one. To attain to that one is to enter paradise. Paradise, heaven or hell, are not geographical situations, not there somewhere in the space; they are inner psychological states. It just depends on knowing the knack of it, and you can turn the hell into heaven... just as if it is done by magic. The magic, the secret of the magic, it so be authentically true, vulnerable, open, not hiding, not hiding from anybody. It needs courage and guts, but once you start feeling the joy of it things become easy; every day things become more and more easy. One day one is suddenly relaxed. In that relaxation the ego disappears. That is benediction!

• Hmmm...letting go of the ego. That is difficult. Living in truth can be as well. I have received counseling about such things and read books too. It is easy to say but not so easy for me to put into practice. In that way, I am repeating mistakes I suppose. I am not miserable in any way however. I have a good life. I am usually content. Happy even. My problem is that i am always wanting more. I am happy but want to experience other kinds of happiness. Is there such a thing? It's just something I want to do. Is wanting to know more and experience cultivating the ego? Some of my confusion lies with that question as well as a balance that I am always trying to maintain. My pattern throughout this life has been to choose a path and go very far with it and then become interested in another path and move on to that and then choose another path...and so on. Almost like a committment phobe. If I am ever miserable it is because I feel torn. I want many different experiences but i also want some stability. I suppose I could have stability within myself but I also want the traditional stability of a family and fixed abode. BUT how can I have that if I also want to experience life in different places and with different people? Perhaps you have already addressed this and I am just not understanding.

• You are happy but you want to experience other kinds of happiness. Is there such a thing? Yes, egolessness.

Is wanting to know more and experience cultivating the ego? No. Ego means identification, and identification means suffering.

BUT how can you have that if you also want to experience life in different places and with different people? By moving to that different places and to that different people.

Everything is only a perhaps, because everything is relative. Nothing can be said absolutely, certainly, categorically. It depends, and one thing can be seen from many standpoints.

How can you have the traditional stability of a family and fixed abode, if you live a surrendered life? Then you leave everything to life and you float. Then you don´t bother about what to do and how to do it. The West has become very, very expert in technology. The reason is that the West has been trying to protect, feed the ego, and the ego is the base inside: the whole structure of technology, of the "how to do something", is based on the ego. If ego drops, the whole structure of technology drops. The world becomes again natural, not man made.

• I see. Ok, I get it. I really do! Thank you for your reply HansWolfgang. You are a good man and I hope you receive as much warmth and kindness as you give out to others.

• Meditate over your anguish. If you find out the answer your anguish will disappear.

• Hmmm... I don't feel angry. Maybe a little frustrated at times when making decisions. Anguish though? I'll have to think about that....

• stonyeye,

anguish is something internal, it cannot be external; if it is external then it is anxiety. Someone may be your anxiety. Anguish is that, which you have to work out within yourself: Who are you?

The really mature person lives in such a way that each moment in itself is a reward. It is not that the reward will be coming later on. The mature person has such an insight into things that the journey and the goal are no more separate, so each step of the journey is a goal in itself— tremendously blissful, beautiful. Who cares about the goal? Every moment is such a benediction that one enjoys it as an end unto itself; it is not a means to anything.

Go beyond all your doubts, suspicions, questionings. Go into the dark and into the unknown and into the mysterious -- and with a deep yes and a sacred amen. That is the only way to know yourself, and that is the only way to know the mysterious beauty of life and existence.

• As always, you really get to the core of what I need to remember. I recognize in myself now that i am thinking about it, that I do mostly work towards a goal or for reward. You are saying that I need to learn how to enjoy each step of life just for the sake of enjoying and living. Living in the now and not always with an eye towards the trophy at the finish line. Not be living to impress others or add to my resume. Thanks so much. I understand now. I will have to strive to change my thinking. Not easy as we are so often trained to be goal oriented.....but then you reach your goal and missed out on the journey along the way. The reward at the end of the goal ends up being a let down. Goal accomplished....move on to another goal and I am living (or rather missing out on life ) while working towards a goal. A friend once said that life is what you are living while you are making your plans for the future. I have a lot of re thinking to do. I hope you are having a good day ... or rather evening! Thanks again Hans Wolfgang.

• Aha! Also, I have been feeling that the goals or my resume makes me who I am. I need to know who i am without having to refer to my list of accomplishments or failures. I AM thinking a lot about what you have written and take your advice to heart. Just when I am feeling smug that I have it all figured out, you write something more for me to think about! 🙂 Thanks. I really do value your wisdom and advice.

• stonyeye,

I am impressed by your receptivity and understanding.

You create yourself moment to moment. You are not born as a fixed entity, but only as an infinite potentiality. You are born as a seed, not as a tree.

One of the most beautiful sayings comes from Mahavira, a contemporary of Gautam Buddha. A very strange statement -- Mahavira says, "If you have started the journey you have reached already."