Nasty divorce I need help asap...I need to reply to attorney tomorrow

• Hello,

I desperately need help!

I spoke to a psychic from Calif. psychics almost two years ago, asking advise about my marriage she was amazingly intuitive, she advised me the house was not worth fighting for...Roger is surrounded by too much negativity and I would love to reach out too her but.. I dont have money to pay for a reading. I desperately need help...I tried to get out of this marriage on good terms..He interfered in me getting jobs and controlled every penny I put my retainer on a credit card so he has chosen to make things as hard as possible ...out of retaliation. The attorney I hired has not done his job and followed through on any thing ( early court date, to get an order to make roger leave or any thing he was supposed to do...I need to know i this is fate telling me not to fight or should get another attorney?

we have a thirteen year old son who he is asking for shared custody with (so he does not have to pay as much child support) I do NOT want too..the only way I will be able to prevent it is if I request a drug test and it comes out positive...I have been afraid to do that! I am at the crossroad that I have too! Has he been using alcohol or drugs that will show up on a hair follicle test?

when I talked to him about getting a divorce Brad was adamant about living with me and having visitation with Rog every other week end... and since roger was served he has become "mr. dad " which I know wont last but Roger convinced him to have shared visitation...Is he agreeing because he did not want to hurt his dads feelings or did he truly change his mind? Or was he cornered by rog? I was asking continuously through out last year if he was absolutely sure that he wanted to be with me and over night it changed when I found out Bradley got very upset with me, and would not talk about it. He just responded... What is the big deal??

I have sooo many other questions about where to go if I dont fight for the house.

God Bless you all so very much!

Teresa

Post A Reply | Report Abuse

• Teresa, this is not coming from a reading its coming from someone who worked in a family law attorney's office at one time and I feel that you should seriously think about getting another attorney or quite frankly tell him that you will report him to the state bar if he doesn't pick up the pace and come through with his promises. As far as your son is concerned it could be that he is feeling torn and does not want to disappoint you or your husband. This too shall pass. I hope that someone offers you a reading as it sounds like you seriously need some guidance. good luck.

• I am absolutely looking for a new attorney.

Brad has been as miserable as I have in this marriage, I files for his emotional well being as well as mine, Brad was adament that he did not want to spend that much time with him. I have always been the one who spends time with him...I have done all the father stuff...fishing, going swimming at the river, playing basketball, Brad taught me how to through a football so we could just pass it back and forth. Because Roger does not want too. I have pillow fights with him and friends ( Roger comes in and yells at of us too stop) because he does not know how to have fun unless he is drinking or something else..( which I put astop to 10 years ago...which has a tremendous amount of resentment from Roger to me. .I have tried for years to get him on antidepressants because I know it would change every ones lives! But he refuses...to admit he is depressed!

Thank you for your reply...and advise!

• I can try to help but please you birthdate informations as well as your husband and child. Courage!!! I just divorce from a very mean husband so do understand the pain a poor weedind can bring on one's life.xXXXS

• Wow! Thank you So very much....i was ready to give up and just happened to check one more time for any replies. my birthday is: July 20th 1964 my rising sign is scorpio

my husbands is April 30, 1963 his rising sign is sagetarias

Brad is Dec. 20, 1996 his rising sign is Libra

yes I hve been to hell and back...just need help desiding what way to go...Do I need to be afraid of Roger hurting me if I do fight. Because I believe he has tried....

Brad has his first Basketball practice at 730 till 8:30 and goes to bed at nine, If it works out for you I can be back on after 9:00 or leave a message when will be good...i am not sleeping these days any way!

Thank you very much!

Teresa

• Dear Theresa,

I did you a celtic cross. I am writing you from Paris, France so I can't know about schedule except you did write one hour ago.

You will divorce succeedly shorter than you think. The rights are on your side so you have to concentrate and accept that there will be a looser and a winner in this game. Don' feel guilt as you can win. It is true that you have to change lawyer and refresh your view about your situation. Meditate , meditate and concentrate, then you will step by the violence appeal in the relationship.

You need as well a place to express your emotion (group help-psuchological support) as the stress did cut your self from the outside and your health could suffer from it. I sense a woman lawyer is good for you, a mature one who will takes the matter from the beginning. You have to take the definitive decision INSIDE YOU; Don' procrastinate. Some surprising supply will be on your side. Trust your way. You don't owned your husband a cent, he much more did rely on you and your rights will be recognize. You need as well to connect more with your family, roots community and pray your dear ones who left earth, you will have support. Don't keep all to your self, stop feeling alone , that step will bring you the step for final "Victory".

• Hi Cancer64,

You mentioned that you need to reply to the Attorney tomorrow.

The first thing I would suggest, is that you find out exactly what this Attorney is doing on your behalf. My question to you would be what State do you live in? The reason I asked is because an Attorney could have obtained an Ex Parte Order on the behalf of a litigant, for example, to move out of the marital home, but depending on the State’s Friend of the Courts system, that Order may not be entered in the system for a few months.

Again, Find out exactly what the Attorney has done for you..If he has done anything for you thus far ~ The name of what he should have prepared for you at this point is called an ( Ex Parte Order), ask him if he has prepared one, and if so when did he send in to your State’s FOC.

Sweet One.. you share a birthday with my daughter (Cancer), and I am a Scorpio…

I’m gonna guess that you are very emotional person..right?

Ok so I’m gonna try to tread carefully…but when you say, you Do Not want to share custody, Or that you have to request a blood test to prevent him from sharing custody..

I kind of wonder why…Is Roger a terrible dad? A terrible influence on your son…

I have a feeling that your son, when he was talking with you about the custody issue he said what he felt at the time to you which was he wants to be with you primarily, and when he spoke to Roger he said what he felt, when he was with him which says to me That he Loves You Both very much…and is Torn and confused about the issue…and so if he has to deal with the two of you separating then yes I would think since it seems he loves you both that he Brandon, wants you both to share custody…

You want to keep in mine that he still has to pay support if you are the Custodial Parent. Are you asking for Spousal Support, again this boils down to the State you live in but you certainly can request SS, which has nothing to do with the custody of the child…ask your Attorney tomorrow about it. You said you were Replying to the Attorney tomorrow and not finalizing your divorce right? To try and help you a little better, what are they asking that you Reply to??

Peace & Love

• Concerning Brad.

It is obvious to say that Brad is totally becoming a real teen and this experience will make him growing up. Your sun is strong and will get out this experience helped by his first love and (or) proper capacity of succes. He feels catch in your familial drama and is obset. May be for to long you did lie about an idealistic family. His new maturity deserves a true relation about the difficulty of a love relationship. They were as well an instability of some kind, a nervous, energetic child???

Yes a clear separation will gives him pain but he will rebuilt. You are important to him, you have to get a clear mind and speak the truce. He feels ignore because as I told you previously your stress cuts you from your emotions and you may be don't look at him on some ways. Trust him and help him to regain confidence in himself. You will be surprise by the result... Don't be over protective.

• Brad has been as miserable as I have in this marriage, I files for his emotional well being as well as mine, Brad was adamant that he did not want to spend that much time with him. I have always been the one who spends time with him...I have done all the father stuff...fishing, going swimming at the river, playing basketball, Brad taught me how to through a football so we could just pass it back and forth. Because Roger does not want too. I have pillow fights with him and friends ( Roger comes in and yells at of us too stop) because he does not know how to have fun unless he is drinking or something else.He cant stand it when we are laughing and playing.( which I did an intervention 10 years ago he went to rehab ( only because he was cornered and not given a choice) he did ok for awile, But his parents have never stood thier ground with I dont think he expected me too...which has a tremendous amount of resentment from Roger to me. .I have tried for years to get him on antidepressants because I know it would change every ones lives! But he refuses...to admit he is depressed! After I move out or vise versa, I have no control over his addictions he will be able to do what ever he wants.

Thank you for your reply...and advise!

• I filed for divorce almost one year ago the lawyer promised to serve him right away, and to request an expedited hearing because I told him that Roger refused to leave and would not with a court order...along with an order for get pendent lite alimony and child support. The only thing he followed with was filing the initial paperwork with the courts. I was the impression he was in the process of serving him. I did not call to make suer I did not think I needed too./ a month went by with nothing, .. I had laryngitis for for about a month so far..and tried calling he couldnt hear..I had Brad call tell them that needed to know what was going on and they ignored his calls So my oldest son called and they used the excuse that they did not have his work address...bologna! So he was not served until mid April! He has not gotten me into court, Almost a year later we are still in the same !!! I look in the dont even recognize my self!

There is so much more to tell and I will be back in probably an hour.

Bottom line is I had to put my divorce on a credit card, because its only access to money I have ...He knows I cant afford aother one

This man cam e across as being a caring proffessional man Who is nothing but a crook!

When I confronted him in July about not doing his job in July He sent a statement for hours that I know he did not work.. Got to pick up Brad BBS

• sparisian

Are you still around?

• You are in PARIS....one day I hope to see Paris!

So yes there is a "little" time difference...

I am in America in the state of Virginia

it is Wed. night here at 10:41 P.M. and Thur. morning there 4:41 AM

send me a message and let me know when you are usually online.

Thank you so much for doing the reading for me... it was very sweet of you.

I need clarification on part and also a few more questions.

If you happen to be an early riser I will be on for another 30 minutes or so.

• You are wonderful to leave so much advise...the things gone through is in my post previous to this.

I had requested everything you are talking in our first meeting he came across as an experienced (22yrs 3rd generation lawyer) aggressive man who was going to fight for my rights..He seemed honest he goes to a local church and lives in the area as I do which is a very small town, my daughter and his son when to high school together, He even gave me his cell phone and telling that call with questions or concerns call during his commute and it would not be billed that way. .I have Huntington's so he was asking for permanent spouse support, I have been for the most part a stay at home mom and house wife and Roger has done very little in investments for my self and his money is inheritance that he kept in his name and I cant touch. The first time I asked him for divorce3 was four years ago he made all the same false promises and tallked me into staying. So at that point he stopped putting money or work into the house, stopped investing in stocks and so forth and started putting all the money into coins ( using the excuse it was a more stable market... the only thing tracable is what he paid for which well below what they actually valued at so I requested an appraisal for that. This lawyer has not followed through on any thing! I guess he expects for me to get fed and settle and did not have to work for it which I had gotten to point which you can read in my post.

• Sparisian,

Thank you so much fo rthe insight re: Brad You are very right that my anxiety and emotions have interfered with my time with Brad.. we have always before this done a lot together in spur of the moment. It has been since summer that I have been over whelmed by every thing. Bradley has been so understanding...in fact he has not even pressured me to do any thing that I have not been up to doing. Because all his life I dont think I have ever turned him down when he wants me to play or do some thing together . I Cherish every moment with him! He has been my sunshine through all the problems that yes, he knew very little about.

Because hd has so understanding and patient, I did not realize that he was feeling that way. I talked to him today and reassured him that it wont be wont be this way much longer. I thanked him for being so patient and strong, and understanding We also talked a little more in depth about drugs and the dangers, hos it distroys lives that is nothing to play around with. we also talked about getting into support group that has alot of outings, so he does get emotional suport and also reassured him that he can come talk to me about any thing . I dont want him holding every thing in. We had the greatest hug that we have had in quite a while ..he is 13... he usually gives quick hugs and then I have to ask!!

• Livingadream The post that I wrote at 12:15 today was meant for you I forgot to put your name there.

• Healing water the post at 12: is also for you.....I thought the advice coming from both of you...was coming from one.