What's Going on in the Sky?

• The heavens are always changing, and the same aspects and interactions can influence us all. If you have a thought or question about a current or upcoming astrological event, let us know in this thread. Maybe it's one of the planets moving into one of the houses, or two planets creating aspects to one another, or even the changing phases of the Moon … the patterns above are always changing, always intriguing, and always worth chatting about.

• Well, I'm curious about this Grand Trine in the Earth signs - Venus in Taurus, Saturn in Virgo and Pluto in Capricorn. The aspect is exact tomorrow (May 1st) but I imagine we're already feeling it today. For those of you unfamiliar with this aspect, a Grand Trine is considered very harmonious and powerful - 3 planets cooperating together, ideally bringing out the best in all of them.

Here we've got: Venus, goddess of love, beauty and the arts; Saturn, who brings structure and manifestation; and Pluto, Lord of the Underworld, representing emotional and subconscious depths.

Jeff Jawer & Rick Levine, in Your Astrology Guide 2008, have this to say about it: "It's a rare event when innocent Venus can hook up with these two tough characters in such a positive manner, giving you the ability to stabilize intense feelings and to sustain something worth preserving." (that's in the Virgo section, by the way)

One of the things I love about Astrology is that it's a NATURAL SCIENCE - in the sense that, you learn through observation. Many astrologers have written about the potential energies of this aspect, but I'm wondering what people are actually experiencing during this time?

*I am a Tarot.com employee. The views expressed in this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Tarot.com.

• The Grand Trine in the earth signs will activate different areas of life for different people, depending on where the planets involved are placed in relation to the Ascendant. In other words, what houses are activated by this trine in your chart? For me, the issues are money, work & health, and professional status. (2nd, 6th and 10th houses) My guess is the grand trine on Thursday planted seeds, and the New Moon of May 5th added plenty of nutritious minerals and water.

Remember that the new moon is the beginning of a cycle. Also, this full moon hits a special point in the sky known as the World Axis. This gives any efforts begun at this time an extra boost toward becoming known by the public.

Right now, I'm working on a big project and balancing my other work in with it. My son is getting ready to leave for college, so my status - more important, how I identify myself - will change a lot when I am no longer spending much time dealing with being his mom. Money seems to be working out well for me now, too - I have "found" a check and a medium-sized bill in the most unexpected places. Who can complain about that? Not even this busy, grouchy Cancer!

I feel that the new beginning from the new moon (in my 2nd house of earned income) is me taking my earning power up a notch. I'm "graduating" from smaller pieces of work to larger, more lasting ones.

What houses of your chart are being affected by these earthy influences, and how can you become more grounded and directed toward your goals?

• I'm an astrologer/writer for Tarot.com. The views expressed in this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of Tarot.com

• hey this is new! what fun