Depressed

• Ugh, the past couple of days I have felt extremely depressed. I feel like im on the verge of just crying. I cried last night. I just feel so sad. My life sucks and I just feel like giving up on everything. I know i won't. I have just been feeling exrtemely emotional, I dont know what happened. I still live at home. Im around negative people all the time. My family sucks!

I have no friends. I just have my daughter. I cant drive, I dont have a license, a car or a job. Ive looked for jobs, but I dont have any experience. Im trying to go to school, but I failed my most recent class. Im indecisive and dont know what to go to school for. I was confident with photography, but I dont even have the right camera for the classes. I was thinking maybe graphic design. But I havent made up my mind yet. I know im creative, and can have a job doing something creative, something id enjoy. I feel like crap. I just want people to pray for me. If I didnt have at least decent parents id probably be a bum on the streets.

• Negativity can be contagious you get it from your surroundings. It isn't a good thing to teach your children either . Some people have been in it so long they don't even know they are doing it. It's not easy but you start turning the negs around and if you change sometimes the people around you will see your change and they will follow. If they do great if they don't bring it to their attention and ask if they want to see their grandchild grow up thinking this way or would they like her to grow up seeing things are positive? This way a person feels defeated before they can even get through school. Your feeling defeated now. Turn this around to I will pass my classes and I will find a way to get a better job so I can be out on my own. They accomplish these one step at a time.You can't crawl and then run if you do will fall down. So walk first and then you can run. Happy Holidays to you and you child.

• Thanks libraslair

• Your welcome darlin.

• hugs! You might want to consider seeing a counselor. Many counselors' fees run according to your income. So if you're not bringing in any money, it won't cost you an arm and a leg. I understand that many people are hesitant to see a counselor or therapist. But a liscensed counselor would help you think through things step by step and help you solve your own problems.

I hope you find some peace and joy this Christmas.

• IgoHumble>>My life sucks and I just feel like giving up on everything. I know i won't. I have just been feeling exrtemely emotional

Sandran712>>I been where you are.Some of this is cabin fever.Staying inside for long periods of time.Lack of sunshine makes you feel depressed.That is why alot of people are outside in the summer.A hobby in the winter does help.I do believe that negativity rubs off from people.And that is why Cancers love being alone.We get sucked in and we feel badly.As for your daughter..You have to becareful of your feelings.She may not know why you are crying and cry too.My son does this.But, he is 24 years old/special needs.I don't drive either.But, maybe take her for a walk.Depending on her age.Sometimes you two can bake something when the weather sucks.Sometimes exercise alone will make you feel better.People tend to stray away from people with kids with special needs.I've been single parent for 24 years.You really have to be creative for her sake.Keep her from getting bored and not letting all this negativity rub onto her.

• IgoHumble. you are not alone. Many of us suffer through times of depression. I like the advice above. It is hard to get out of feeling negative but you can. Staying busy really helps me when I feel down. Volunteering, excercise...just going out and walking even...whatever you enjoy. Find what you enjoy and do it! You'll meet like minded friends that way too. I'm sure you know all this anyway, you just have to make yourself get out there and enjoy life more. I tell myself to fake it until I make it....meaning, if i feel depressed, I still make myself get out in the world and smile, force myself to be friendly, even if I really want to scowl and act miserable. I hope things seem brighter soon. You can get through this and you will feel better. Take care.

• Thanks guys. I just havent driven almost 3 years. Im only 25 and im going tthrough the worst times ever. im only 25!!! I know my daughter can sense my negativity. I do have good days, even weeks when ill just keep myself occupied be happy just for being alive, and have fun. My daughter and i will do things together, laugh and play and paint. I just get these days where reality sinks in very deeply. I can't take care of myself, I have no insurance, I have nothing, and yeah I have a beautiful daughter and she has everything and she's taken care of... . I just have nothing for myself. I know im dealing with the results of my immature actions from years ago. But Ive grown so much since then, I just have to deal with it. Sometimes it's just too overwhelming and it overpowers my whole being. Ugh. I don't know what i am going to do with myself if my life doesnt get any better. I Some days I dont even want to wake up.

BLue65. I WISH I could see a counselor. Im not sure how I would ge tthere or anything though, but i really do need to check into that soon, Ive been this way for years... way too long.

• IgoHumble,Ive been there too and agree with the respones you have got.I have moon in Cancer and can relate to what Sandran said about preferring to be alone rather than with negative people.Sunshine, B12 vitamin supplements[if you need them{ ,exercise and yoga really help...especially if you are too busy to do them.I pray you are able to shield yourself from negative people by not letting them touch you inside.Being with children,animals especially dogs and gardening also helps.take care and hugs!

• IgoHumble,

You have some wonderful advice above but you ust cued me onto something here as a former mental health worker; you said you have good days that can last for week when you feel good just for being alive and you laugh with your daughter, keep occupied and paint. How are your sleep patterns? During your 'up' phases how 'up' are you? Is it like being o top of the world? I ask these questions for a specific reason. I think it is imperative that you get in to see a therapist, even if you have to take a bus or beg a ride for a proper diagnosis. I have been exactly where you are friend. I take medication because the ups and downs are too exhausting especially as I age. When I was younger I was a spitfire full of energy with a strong lifeforce. You don't have to deal with the depressive side of the mountain anymore if you don't want to. There are alternative medicines or traditional ones if you prefer, but it is important to get the right diagnosis first. Good luck and blessed be...

Scribe1

• you need to protect yourself from negativity

try this for at least 2 months and see how it goes

I've done this for 3 years, if it doesn't work I won't suggest it

but then again, if you don't do it regularly, it won't bring the same result

first. clean your environment

use sage incense, lit one or two every day. take it to each room in your house, try to go around each room corner to corner. after all rooms are done, leave it by the door (one at front one at back) or you can leave one at any room you feel like it (not necessary but you can).

second, clean your self from lingering negative energy. use the gems It's quartz crystal, clear. Not pink or any color. Clean them every day, with salt under running water. then let them air dry. when they are dry, blow your breath onto each corner of the gems. this way gems will work for you. when you blow your breath, pour your lingering sadness/worry/despair/anger onto the gems. Energize the gem as often as you can. find a place where the sun light can reach it and leave it there for two hours at least. The sun, like fire, is a great transformer.

third protect yourself at all times. visualize white/blue light around you, hold on to this visualization when communicating with people, whether by phone, email or in person. the light will return negative energy back to sender and allow positive in. this way no more negative energy can attack you, and gives you time to work on the gems to neutralize negative energy that has been lingering around you for some time. don't share your gem with others, keep it safe. don't even let them touch it. the gem will absorb negativity you pour onto it and transform it, if the other person touch it when it is working, they will be hurt.

Four, understand the concept of energy. we all live under the same universal law. what we send out will be returned to us. we all make mistakes. what you have to do is look back to the past, make assessment about yourself, be honest about the rights or wrongs you have done to anybody including yourself. learn from them and close the door to the past. make amends when necessary or possible. we all have been wrong before and to certain point, have sent out negativities towards someone no matter how small we thought it was. the more negativities we send out the more we get them back. so we suffer from our own negativities and negativities that others send us (which the universe will send back to them, but nonetheless they do hurt us). some energy can linger for years, depends on the intensity and the frequency it is sent. start to live your life in positivity from now on. refrain from dwelling in the past, anger, sadness, jealousy, wishing bad things happen to someone, despair, regret, revenge etc. revenge belongs to the universe. you don't have to pretend or fake a smile when someone wrongs you, lies, pretentious, denials are negativity. you can however, say, 'I am human being. you don't need to do this to me' or ignore them and move on. let the universe do what it always does.

Do the sage cleansing, gem cleansing and energizing, visualization, and keeping positive thoughts/words/actions - every day. Within 2 months or even lesser, you will see improvement. By then you can decide which routine you want to keep doing and which one to stop. I would suggest don't stop any, but that is your choice. Also, don't forget to live your life in balance. nurture your physical and psyche. with the physical, you know you can go with balanced diet and routine exercise. do the same with the psyche. the psyche is link to the universe guidance, don't ignore it. you can find free yoga./meditation videos online. or go with your beliefs. read spiritual books that interest you, they are chicken soups for the soul.

To calm you down, get Bach Flower Rescue remedy. any homeopathy store has it. you can also calm yourself down by saying This Too shall pass, repeatedly until you regain comfort. this also works when you start feeling down and negative energy tries to drain you or someone's action makes you want to send negativity towards them.

Use affirmations, say it any time you want, out loud or in mind. Something like "I am positive. I will stay positive. I am protected. The universe will provide me all the help I need" or make your own. This is called reprogramming you, pretty much taking you to calm state and help you focus on the work you are doing. Don't fret if you feel down or fail, stand back up and try again.

• Happy holidays to everyone. I Everyone gets depressed now and then with lifes twists and turns ! May the new year bring us closer to our loved ones, family, and friends!

• about the job and life condition.

you need to let go of expectation. life is about learning and moving forward.

everyone starts from the bottom. take any job you can and use the money to nurture yourself first. then use any extras for developing your talents/skills etc.

take it a little at a time. the physical is always about speed. The truth is, Quality is the key. quality of your life, quality of your work. without nurturing your self, you won't be able to achieve success. so nurture your self first, then your talents/skills. Quality first, money and fame will follow.

• Wow Leoscorpion,

As soon as I can get all the indegredients I will give your prescription a try myself! That is teriffic advice. I still think a diagnosis is in order for my own reasons but getting the negativity out will improve lives and quality of life. Thank you for that post!

Humbly,

Scribe1

• I KNOW.. Leo scorpion, you are extremely special. I know it took time for you to learn everything you know, and I just want to say god bless you. Thanks EVERYONE for advice. I have tried doing a cleansing, I have a crystal quartz but its not very clear. Its pretty big, but half of it is smokey and the very top of it is clear.. would that work??? Cus I tried cleansing myself with it but I wasnt sure if it would work. I really want to try the sage burning. very much, actually my mom and grandma used to cleanse the house with that when I was little, but its been years since my mom has done it. Im going to mention it today. There just a negativity that I fell like I cannot shake off. But I will keep trying, for my daughter and for myself.

Also I think the highs and lows is probably called bipolar. But I actually dont want to take any drugs for it. I want to trust god or the universe to help me be balanced and to love. Ive just been corrupted the past couple of years, its time for me to move on and stay away from things that are negative. I think it means staying away from my daughters father, I know in my heart I have to. When he comes over I always feel negativity towards him. I cannot allow this. I need to stay away. becaue I honestly never ever want to feel such things towards anyone. I had never disliked anyone that much until I met him, and since Ive met him my life has crumbled. I used ot be happy. im a pisces and I really truly love and deeply care for people genuinely. To feel this negativity towards someone kills me, because I know its not the true me. He has hurt my feelings a lot. He's kindve a bully. But I know we just need to stay away from eachother so that I can be safe and get my life back and be happy again. Because damnit, Im the only one my daughter has right now. So I have to be strong. He lives with like 5 friends who smoke pot and drink and party. He doesnt have any plans. Im not in a good place either but im the one with my daughter so I have to step up and take back my life, take my happiness back and never EVER let go again.

I just wrote a novel. sorry! haha I have so much inside!!

• Actually you got exactly to the point I was headed to, about the bipolar thing. I have bipolar and if I can do a cleansing and get off the meds I will do exactly that. I, too, wish to stay in harmony with the universe. I am so sorry that you are going through this right now, but you are not alone. You have many friends here willing to help and offer great advice. I know you are thankful, I can feel it from you. Know this, the universe is alive and feels your vibrations, sends them back to you. If you can stay away from negative people, especially your ex, and keep in with positive people, actions, and activities you will receive those resonations back too. Follow Leoscorpions prescription and I believe you will notice a huge turnabout in your life. Blessed be...

• the psyche is the link to the universe, where guidance is provided

without guidance, you don't know what decision to make, how to handle life challenges etc

even a small guidance such as which medication is good for you (if you do need any)

living your life in positivity and balance is not about eliminating challenges

it is about dealing with them

living in balance means nurturing psyche and physical

if you ignore one, problem will manifest, most of the time as health problem

among those who utilize the abilities of the psyche, they may have used it against you

and before you know it, endless health problems appear on a psychological and later on physical, that you have to rely on medication to survive and yet actual healing never happens

when the psyche is hurting, problem will first manifest on a psychological level

it goes like this: subconscious mind, conscious mind, the body

since you do not nurture your psyche, you can not receive the warning (and the solution) it is sending you

Never ever ignore or underestimate the psyche and its abilities

these people may not realize what they have done, but nonetheless you have to keep up with protection and cleansing and all the above

no need to burn a hole in your pocket. I got 2 crystals at $30 from ebay incl shipping.

if you can not afford it, use what you have and save until you can get the actual crystal.

size doesn't matter. sage incense or leaves, use what you can afford for now until you can get the actual ingredient.

living your life in positivity and balance is not about eliminating challenges

it is about dealing with them

living in balance means nurturing psyche and physical

if you ignore one, problem will manifest, most of the time as health problem

in everything, start with yourself

for if you can not nurture yourself, you can not nurture your loved ones

and they will soon suffer from your negativity and all of you will fall into the same darkness

don't let this happen. keep fighting.

The universe never sleeps, never takes vacation.

Ask when you need help. It has led you here, where you can find those that can help.

Do not give in to the physical illusion of separation and individuality.

We are never alone. The only thing that differs us from each other is the choice that we make.

Make the choice to live. There is no life in negativity.

Stand up and fight negativity, on every level and form. The universe will not ignore your effort.

• leoscorpion>>use sage incense

Sandran712>>Some people may have allergies.As myself has asthma..Is this a good thing?

• Sandran712>.My chiropractor/holistic medicine doctor told me I am in alot of pain because I have alot of emotions taking it's toll on my body physically.I have to assume it's true.I deal with alot of crap.I live a high stressful lifestyle.And I have chocolate...LOL

• Sandran712

if she does have allergy, she can go with candles instead of burning leaves or incense.

I just go with incense because it's more affordable for daily use.

she can do the same with candle, just take it inside each room corner to corner and leave it by the door. anything as long as it's sage will do.

there are other herb types, but sage is so far most recommended.

LOL chocolate I like that one too now and then

life is stressful for everyone these days and you being in a healing profession it's even worse

you know how to take care of yourself physically

I hope you find my suggestion helpful for the psyche