Would appreciate a dream revealed!!

• Several years ago I was living in Denver, CO. and working for the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless when I had this dream: My eldest son and I were Hopi Indian (in reeal life we are not) living in a subterranian dwelling that also light and airy. The walls were a salmon color with a medium blue wavt line painted across the back of the main room wall. There were three circular openings to come in and out of the dwelling but I told my son never to go head first because the spirits of, or the actual animals, (bear or mountain lion), could swipe his head off. He needed to go out back first as a back injury he would more likely survive. I knew that I had to go on a journey and that he wasn't allowed to come with me. He pulled out two pairs of moccasins, one a lighter brown color ithe other a darker color. I chse the darker pair. We existed the dwelling and outside I could smell Juniper, Pinon and Spruce. There were also nuerous spirits of animals and actual animals. The spirits were either benelovent, or begnin or malevonent, as were then actual animals. The day was sunny with few clouds in the sky. I looked down from the mesa and saw a white sand desert with scarcely a cactus or rock. As I headed down the mountain side I couldn't see the path for the scrub but I instinctly knew where it was. As I started to wake I began which way do I go and I think a voice said south, southwest. Then I woke up. I actually quit my job and prepared to come back to Wichita to visit my children before I went back to Albuquerque (my hometown and state).

And clues on an interpretation anyone? This dream has been haunting me since that time. Any response is welcome.

Scribe1

• Hi, Was just wondering why you felt haunted by the dream. Nothing really bad happened. I think the circles symbolize feminine aspects. Are you, by chance, a single mother maybe widowed. You had a journey to go on. I think Aries is the sign that is attached to the head. I kinda saw the circles as a passage like swimming or going down a stream where an animal could swipe you out of the water. I saw a lot of primal aspects that I relate to your job. I see a lot of protection for your son.

• Hi! Thanks for the response. What I meant by haunted is that it stays with me constantly, as if I had something to do that I have yet to do. Interesting take on the circular openings, I had not thought of that! I was a single mother at the time, they are all grown now. I am uncertain about the stream as the dream takes plac in the desert, but you could be right...I have always been a protective mother, sometimes overly so. Please explain what primal aspects you relate to my job. I really need to know. You have been a great help. Thank so much and Happy Holidays!

Scribe1

• Hi Scribe1 !

If I was doing this for myself it would be a dream of journey and choosing. Opposing choices: Opposites in this dream are represented by : Complementary color (salmon, blue), Light / Dark ( mocs). Self protection is represented by telling son (self) curl up basically and go out backwards = head not exposed. The idea of not looking where you are going in a sense is then shown to you by the barren white sand. As if, you can take this pure white slate and make it what you desire.

There are other things like choosing dark moc, not knowing which way to go, 3 circular openings --- I wonder why this would bother you too. You pointed out S or SW and went there, right? The dream seems full of nice imagery. Are you really asking was this a past life? Psychic dream?

• Scribe1, in my experience, dreams usually represent what is going on in the present or near future. I would say that if you looked at the path you were on when you had the dream, you would see that you had to follow your instincts, think of your survival, and that of your family, and many times, you did not know the right way, and had to rely on spiritual guidance.

I've had a few dreams that have stuck with me, as well, mostly because of the elements represented. One important element for me has been to trust my instinct, and dreams that acknowledge that I am in fact doing that, I remember vividly for years, because the reality is, sometimes we need to be reminded, and when others tell us to listen to them, we need someone telling us to listen to US. The dreams serve that purpose.

HOpe this helps.

Susan

• Hello to each and everyone!

Thank you all so much for your insights. I understand what you are saying Susan, that many times I have had to rely on instinct and spiritual guidance. Laie4, you are on to something as well when it comes to opposites. I had not even considered that! In retrospect I see the contrasts and clean slate. I did a little research while in Albuquerque on Native American symbols and the only thing I found was the blue wavy painting on the far wall, to the Navajo it represents change. But I was unable to come across anthing else. Thank you all so much!

• Sometimes spirit will talk thru story , legends , dreams , insight to different dimensions . Being in touch with both Denver and Wichita , it seems only normal ( para } , lol . I live and have kin in both places . Been in Wichita and tributaries since the early 1870's. Researched alot of Indian haunts here . Nice to meet a fellow Wichitan and fellow Deborah ! Blessings in this New Year !

• Hello, This as you said is a life dream one that follows you this is different than a single dream as it is pointing to your journey in Life. I wrote the dream so I could analyze it.

The walls are salmon color- Salmon this could represent as you recognize it a you trying to swim upstream in your life - at least at somepoint- The Indian is in your nature-you love things outside- possibly gardening or hiking-however you are very protective of your home and belongings- the swipe off your head is an interpretation of how you warn people that you love and others in your job about life and existing dangers and what traps not to fall into and what best route to take in their lives. It is your nature to lead people on the path of peace and what is best for them. As you are always giving suggestions and advise this includes your children /family as well as those you love or work around -friends. Once people are out of your dwelling or proximity -you know the holes-once they leave-your home children or protection or your comfort-you feel the need to tell them what to look out for in Life. Journey -people more come in contact with you leave and go- clients children others- you keep going on the journey they cannot follow because your journey or path is that of wisdom you constantly want to protect them they can not follow you, but yet they need you also- You the back swipe means people make their own choices and when they are bad choices - you try to soften the blow and help them. The sand represents the dryness people suffer but you give them water- they need help and you help them. nourish them in a dry season. The animals can be different people or persons along the path some you have to watch out for and some are there to help you. Some you are helping along life's path. The two mocasins well - means travel- and certainly you are going someplace that your son in the dream was not going yet he was going somewhere as well because he had his own mocassins to choose. This could be a sign of children growing up going their own way. You choose the darker pair of Moccasins maybe this shows that you dont mind taking the harder route so that he can have an easier one. It is a sacrifical thing. You sacrifice so that your child or family can have more or better than you- you make it easier for them. Instictively you know where your going to end up in life however you dont know what lay ahead on the journey-you will end up south- southwest. You know who you are in life and you are confident with yourself. This is a great dream to interpret and I was glad to do it. It took me awhile to write everything. Please feedback is always welcome.

Several years ago I was living in Denver, CO. and working for the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless when I had this dream: My eldest son and I were Hopi Indian (in reeal life we are not) living in a subterranian dwelling that also light and airy. The walls were a salmon color with a medium blue wavt line painted across the back of the main room wall. There were three circular openings to come in and out of the dwelling but I told my son never to go head first because the spirits of, or the actual animals, (bear or mountain lion), could swipe his head off. He needed to go out back first as a back injury he would more likely survive. I knew that I had to go on a journey and that he wasn't allowed to come with me. He pulled out two pairs of moccasins, one a lighter brown color ithe other a darker color. I chse the darker pair. We existed the dwelling and outside I could smell Juniper, Pinon and Spruce. There were also nuerous spirits of animals and actual animals. The spirits were either benelovent, or begnin or malevonent, as were then actual animals. The day was sunny with few clouds in the sky. I looked down from the mesa and saw a white sand desert with scarcely a cactus or rock. As I headed down the mountain side I couldn't see the path for the scrub but I instinctly knew where it was. As I started to wake I began which way do I go and I think a voice said south, southwest. Then I woke up. I actually quit my job and prepared to come back to Wichita to visit my children before I went back to Albuquerque (my hometown and state).

And clues on an interpretation anyone? This dream has been haunting me since that time. Any response is welcome.

• Remember you are an Indian Guide - you guide people and others thru lifes journey-troubles -happiness- including yourself.

honeykat

• Scribe

I don't interpret dreams, but I feel that yours is a glimpse of your past life.

you were shown this part of your life in the past because it has something to do about the path you have to take in the current life time.

The first time I was shown one of my past lives, was 3 years ago. I kind of lost interest in my job after that and fell sick. I returned to work, but I couldn't function at all. And I was only sick for a week, nothing big, just throat infection. I just couldn't function, like I was a different person, never been in this company before or something like that.

Only now, after 3 years, I can see my actual path. The path I will work in, which is very different from my previous job. When I read your dream, I instantly remember this experience.

So take your time and try to remember details of your dream. What did you do in this dream? What was your role in the tribe or family? One day, your path will lead you to this role.

• i know i have been on here before asking for guidance and help but i need help trying to figure out this dream i had. two days ago i had a dream that i was walking down the street which turned into a interstate with winding roads. well the cars were coming towards me and when i would run they would get closer. some of the cars would fall off the interstate into high water. the cars that were chasing me would get so close as if tryin to push me in the water but this guy i dreamt about before would come along and tell me that he will protect me this happened a couple of times during the dream. i woke up confused because i didnt know wut was going on and why. the last tie i dreamt of this guy i founf out the message he was sending me or warning. this time i dont understand it.i use to see this guy everyday but i dont go around him anymore due to wut he was warning me about (or who). but i can still feel his presence sometimes. i have been out of it for a couple of days. i dont know how to feel can someone please help me understand which direction this dream is tryin to take me. i have ben going thru some spiritual growing and learning and finding out about who i am so i see all dreams as a lesson becuz of the content but this one really has my mind boggled

• To each you who so generously offered your wisdom and guidance; Thank You! I have a much clearer handle on this dream now and some things I had waffled on I now have a firm conviction and taken a real position now thanks to your guidance(s). I realize and deeply apologize for my tardiness. I've been not well and needed to take a time out. But I'm back now and anxious to see how my friends are doing! So, once again, Thank You! May blessings from the universe reign upon each of you! Blessed Be....

Scribe1