Blue Moon - December 31, 2009

• Blessed greetings, fellow creations in progress.

I HAVE A QUESTION! Can anyone give me information, and hopefully soon, about the spiritual and metaphysical significance of there being a blue moon (two full moons within a month). Full moons are a time where people who are intune are at the height of the energetic powers. Love and success are also predominant. I have found from research that if praying or using magic at that time that it is best to emphasize the energies of fulfillmet and abundance.

But, with the extra special Blue Moon coming up, what are key areas and methods to tap into that energy, if beneficial, to manifest some positive things in my life?

Give thanks in advance for the consideration and insights!

• Thanks for starting this thread, I would also love to read insights on this matter!

• me too

• The Blue Moon, being the second full moon within one month, is a very powerful time. If you have special wishes, desires, this would be the time to do what you do, whether it be prayer, ritual, special ceremonies, to make those wishes known to the universe. I feel that with the Blue Moon being on New Years' Eve, it would be a perfect time to ask for that something special, whether it be love, prosperity, harmony, peace on earth, etc, to begin the new year with. Take some quiet time to yourself, clear your mind, meditate, then light a candle and focus on what it is that you really need in your life. Write it down if you have to. You might be surprised at the power of the Blue Moon!

• Celestialmoon,

Hi, what would be a good time to meditate on this day? in the morning? afternoon? or at night when the moon is visable? thank-you so much for the wonderful info.

Blessed Be...

• you are right celestialmoon

it will be the time I will join many in the circle of ritual

2009 certainly is a wonderful year for me, and for it to end with a blue moon is just perfect

happy holidays for everyone from me and hubby

• would there be a special hour ? or should we all synchronise ?

• DON'T FORGET THE ECLIPSE!!!

• Give Thanks, celestial moon. Your insight was right on time. I utilized it well. I hope all your ancestors are guiding and protecting you continuously while you're on your journey to fulfill the Divine Plan. Hotep (means "be at peace")

• I thought I would share one of Tarot.com's experts blog on this topic:

“Once in a Blue Moon”

December 31st, 2009 by Isha Lerner

Skies will be bright for New Year’s revelers’ midnight walk home. After 19 years, a Blue Moon will show up on New Year’s Eve. When two Full Moons happen in the same calendar month, someone decided awhile back (I don’t know who) to call the second Full Moon a “Blue Moon.” It has nothing to do with Blue-ness or anything else for that matter. It is simply a Full Moon that is also a Partial Lunar Eclipse. Treat it like any other potentially illuminating opportunity in which Sun and Moon are at their peak of enlightening vibrations. Though the expression “once in a blue moon” is used to describe extremely rare events, blue moons aren’t all that unusual, occurring every 21/2 years or so. But a New Year’s Eve blue moon is somewhat more remarkable — we haven’t had one since 1990. So tip your hat to the New Year with an extra special wish this year. So, “once in a blue moon” create your magic with this folkloric tradition.

The Astrology chart for January 1st, 2010 puts Saturn is on the ascendant in Libra. This year’s gift to humanity is Justice and Balance. This theme continues to show as the prominent area of growth in 2010.

A year ago today, Saturn made a station – shifting from forward to reverse. It symbolized the great financial contraction that has afflicted much of the world during the past 365 days. Saturn is still making waves, but less severely as it makes a supportive, 60-degree link to Ceres (12:33PM PST) while opposing Juno (9:04PM PST). What you can gain in productivity via the Ceres link, you may lose in sensitive partnership sharing via the Juno link. Relationship issues are still sizzling. Do your very best to avoid extreme emotional ups and downs. Whatever is happening in your current love life will show as liberation and healing growth in the future. Let in ride and take a deep breath.

There is much more to New Year’s Eve day as a Partial Lunar Eclipse and Full Moon light up and invigorate the Earth at 11:14AM PST – activating 11 degrees of Capricorn and Cancer. These degrees of the zodiac are also the place where Jupiter’s orbit around the Sun intersects with our orbit. The bottom line is that this Full Moon has an extra dose of illumination built into it. Individual and group meditations are advised just before or at the time of the Eclipse/Full Moon. Send out your healing thoughts and prayers to humanity and the kingdoms of nature. A Venus-Pallas 60-degree rapport (2:12PM PST) is a wonderful boost for the arts, social activities and problem-solving, but Mercury and Mars – both in reverse – try to act as cosmic spoilers by repeating their off-kilter, 150-degree tie (8:53PM PST) from December 21. Don’t allow the possible mental-emotional sting from this Mercury-Mars interaction to sour your evening plans. As 2009 goes into the record books, utilize the Moon in Cancer to tap into your creative imagination and to create a positive vision for your success and achievements in 2010.

Cheers to everyone and walk the path of balance in all you do….we are all in this together; no one is alone, even if it feels that way. Our great planetary family is on a great journey… and be certain of this: you are a vital part of the greater picture. Be well and thrive.

With love, Isha Lerner

• I hope you found a good time for you to work with the energy of the Blue Moon. I always like to use the light of the moon while I clear my mind before doing anything, but as long as you find a time when you know you won't be interrupted, its good. Sometimes the moon is not visible, but the energy is still there ( maybe its cloudy that night). I usually do everything late at night or sometimes during the day (I have kids at home), but its all in your ability to clear your mind, visualize your desires/needs, and your intentions. The Universe will hear you even if the moon's light doesn't happen to be shining upon you! I wish I could have replied sooner, I'm sure whatever you did, things will work out. Blessed be and Happy 2010!

• Thank you Jennisis, that was a lot of info! I hope that my 2010 will continue to be full of growth, but also balanced. I'm on a personal, spiritual journey right now. Its time to go deep inside to find myself again. I've made alot of changes already, and I know I am going in the right direction! My creativity and passion is starting to return, and that feels wonderful.

I know I am not alone, and I am on the right path--a divine path full of love and hope--for myself and others around me. Blessed be to all!

• Hi jennisis>

Thanks for posting that excerpt on the moon from Tarot. I woke up in the middle of the night from a dead sleep wide awake. I get energy from full moons.

This time it carried into the next day & it was creative energies.

Watch for the solar eclipse 1/15!

• Hello everybody! Just wanted to share a photo of the blue moon/eclipse that I took. It was so beautiful and I felt her power. I´m living in Spain at the moment so, I was fortunante enough to be able to see her perfectly!

May you all have a great year!

• Wow! I was born in the phase of the moon known as the Balsamic Moon, will this affect the strength of affirmations made at this time, because I decided to quit stressing on stuff I don't have any control over, and go with the flow more and so far I have been more successful with this than any other thing I have tried, the wisdom I asked for is also coming to me as well

Love and Light

BlessedBe

Chrissi