Quotes of the week...

• Life is a long lesson in humility.

James M. Barrie

Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.

Sholom Aleichem

• Friendship

-A good friend is a connection to life - a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world. ~Lois Wyse

-When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

• A clay pot sitting in the sun will always be a clay pot. It has to go through the white heat of the furnace to become porcelain.

Mildred White Stouven

• LoveConfusedLibra:

Oh yes, let us become more humble. I only ask that it not be so painful. Also, I think we are all wise and fools and rich and poor, thus we all experience the fruits thereof; dreams/games/comedy/tragedy. As multifaceted individuals must! Good quotes, thought provoking and quite humbling too.

Still looking for that 'good friend' to walk with. I think that Henri Nouwen was right... maybe even strangers can be the best friends, as long as they fulfill the parts that matter most, as he mentioned.

Blmoon:

I'm starting to feel the glaze of porcelain... sitting in the sun too long, or long enough to transform... hopefully into something worthy. great quote!

Here are some quotes I resonated with this week:

"Difficulty attracts the man of character because it is in embracing it that he realizes himself." ~Charles de Gaulle

..kinda like some of those hard Saturn/Pluto lessons we are feeling.

"Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart. And try to love the questions themselves." ~Rainer Maria Rilke

.. ahh, the questions! ever unresolved, will be a dance of eternity for sure!

"The naked truth is always better than the best dressed lie." ~Ann Landers

.. so bittersweet, yet rather challenging to prove.

more quotes please!!

😉

• This just in...

"Dependent people need others to get what they want. Independent people can get what they want through their own efforts. Interdependent people combine their own efforts with the efforts of others to achieve their greatest success." -Stephen Covey

.. i want to be independant and interdependent to discover true success.

"You cannot succeed by yourself. It's hard to find a rich hermit." -Jim Rohn

.. well, there are many rich hermits who remain inknown because... well, they are hermits who no not what their 'richness' means to the world. maybe they can learn self and other discovery and 'become.'

"Light is the task where many share the toil." -Homer

.. oh, blessed help and sharing of the tasks! yes.

"Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success." -Henry Ford

.. success = risk + desire = [new] beginnings.

• here's a funny one!

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.

ERICA JONG

• Hope is a waking dream.

Aristotle

• Common Sense...

• It is a thousand times better to have common sense without education than to have education without common sense.

Robert Green Ingersoll

• The philosophy of one century is the common sense of the next.

Henry Ward Beecher:

• ~ Commitment~

• Love, like truth and beauty, is concrete. Love is not fundamentally a sweet feeling; not, at heart, a matter of sentiment, attachment, or being "drawn toward." Love is active, effective, a matter of making reciprocal and mutually beneficial relation with one's friends and enemies.

Carter Heyward

• Hope is the thing with feathers

That perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words

And never stops at all.

----EMILY DICKINSON

• Watch your thoughts, they become words;

Watch your words, they become actions;

Watch your actions, they become your habits;

Watch your habits, they become your character;

Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.

-Unknown

When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us

-helen keller

Laugh often, long and loud.

Laugh until you gasp for breath.

And if you have a friend who makes you laugh,

spend lots and lots of time with them.

-Anon

"Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don't, and believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes ...your life, let it.... Nobody said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it."

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• We cannot solve the problems of today with the same level of thinking that created the problems...creativity is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein

• This post is deleted!

• Thank you Laithano! I try to live my life around that one. What's your favorite quote?

Scribe1

• This post is deleted!

• Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries.

--Corita Kent

It is dark now. The snow is deep blue and the ocean nearly black. It is time for some music.

--May Sarton

The supreme value is not the future but the present.

--Octavio Paz

• WOW! Those are wonder and thought provoking laithano and Blmoon! I learn much in philosophy when I come to this thread. Here's another one for today:

Never doubt that a handful of committed citizens can change the world...Margaret Mead