Loving Yourself

• Hi Guys,

Hope everyone's well. I was thinking about the strength that can come from people and was wondering about different people's opinions. When you're going through or have been through difficult times, it can be very hard to like yourself let alone love yourself. What are people's experiences with this? How do you pick yourself up, and remind yourself of what is within you and in this world? I know that this site has been a blessing for many on here and the help that is given is invaluable.

• You can start by reminding yourself of what to be thankful for. Whatever it is in your life that is "working" be greatful for that. Also stop attacking yourself. Would you judge a friend that harshly? Treat yourself like you are your best friend. Talk to yourself like you would talk to a friend. What are some things a good friend would tell you if you were feeling down? Another thing to do is get involved in other peoples lives. Remember there is a world out there that still needs you. With so many bad things going on You can help by volunteering time to any organization out there. This will remind you that your life isnt all that bad. Take care. ( :

• Hallo INeedToMeditate,

I was just about to log off when I saw your post ~ had me stop in my tracks and think. Not sure if this will help but here are my 2 cents of input! I AM my WORST enemy, add being a Capricorn (girl) who continues to strive and strive and strive, inclined to be cynical, Obstacles appears to be my middle name, learned about love in all the wrong places and yet ....... I am still here!

I've come to understand that

~ Things can change from one second to the next

~ The only thing I have control of is ME

~ All is not fair in Love & War

~ I'm human & will probably still make mistakes throughout my life but hopefully turn them into "lessons learned"

I am in the process of learning to stop listening to the chattering in my mind concerning the past, it's the past, done, can't go back to change it, can't make the Universe go retro, so let it go, waste of precious time

• When I'm in situations like this, I tend to get upset and angry, throw myself a little pity party, and then I feel optimistic and clear headed about the situation. It's interesting to see how people react differently. Thanks for your replies lovingmylife and MysticalEnergy. lovin you're right, sometimes people end up treating themselves the worst. It's important to get out and help other people, which should help put things into perspective. Mystical I know exactly what you mean! I can be difficult to accept the past, learn its lessons and move on. But that's what I'm in the process of trying to accomplish aswell. Good luck with it : )

• heres a good quote i ran into when I had trouble with loving myself enough to be happy. I read it over and over again

To “let go” means not to worry about the future, but look forward to what might happen

To “let go” does not mean to stop caring, it means I can’t do it for someone else.

To “let go” is not to cut myself off, it’s the realization I can’t control another.

To “let go” is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.

To “let go” is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.

To “let go” is not to try to change or blame another, it’s to make the most of myself.

To “let go” is not to care for, but to care about.

To “let go” is not to fix, but to be supportive.

To “let go” is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.

To “let go” is not to be in the middle arranging the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies.

To “let go” is not to be protective, it’s to permit another to face reality.

To “let go” is not to deny, but to accept.

To “let go” it not to intrude, worry or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings, and correct them.

To “let go” is not to regret the past, but to grow and live for the future.

To “let go” is to fear less, and love more.

• .... that one got away from me!

See the good and positive in the littlest things. BE good to yourself, it's the only SELF you have. You are here for a purpose and even the smallest deed toward another may just change their life for the better. Be In The Moment - yesterday is gone - tomorrow is not here yet. I remind myself to be thankful for what I have. Life is a series of ebbs and flows. This is what my girlfriend wrote to me a few days ago "Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Sending you positive energy!

• life is about learning and moving forward

you need to live your life in positivity and balance

in positivity because the universe sends back what we send out

so if we send out positivity we will only get that in return

it doesn't mean the universe will not send life challenges

but the positive energy will help deal with them rather than negativity that will only drain us

living in balance sounds simple yet nonetheless important

nothing that is not in balance can move forward far let alone reach destination safely

what goes along with the concept of balance is to nurture your psyche as you do the physical

to see others as equals therefore if you love others you will also love yourself

to forgive yourself because that way you forgive others

to the eyes of the universe we are all equals

for we are all spirits that have come to the physical world taking the physical forms

the universal consciousness we are one and connected

therefore equality (hence balance) and positivity are required in order to live life fully and avoid separation that is a physical illusion

real life is not in the physical, it is in the spirit

for the body can decay and perish, but the spirit remains forever and we will return to the physical in the next life times if necessary or assigned by the universe

loving yourself, is to accept you as who you are and to learn to improve for the good of all

the physical will try to focus on individual, self centeredness that has nothing to do with love

love is about give and take, self centeredness is about taking, hence they are not the same

look back into your past, learn from the rights and wrongs, make amends when necessary

close the door don't dwell in it, then live your life for the current and the future

positivity supports life, your life, life of your relationship, life in the universe and universal consciousness, life in the future and future generation

again, live your life in positivity and balance

loving yourself, is a part of it

• Hello Leo,

Thanks for your reply, insightful as ever. I was wondering how you have come to this way of thinking/knowing about the universe? I agree with everything you have said. I reached my conclusions through having what I think is a natural faith inside of me, and it being reinforced by reading The Bhagavat Gita. That way of seeing the universe just simply makes sense to me. Although it can be difficult in practice at times I guess it's important to persevere with love and peace, and "be" from your soul, not your ego.

• ineedtomeditate

I call it the universe because that's how my guides and mentors call it

the universe has sent me many help to understand life and my purpose for the last 3 years

it is clear the universe intent for me to walk a specific spiritual path and the guidance is as clear as ordinary people talk to me

sometimes I wake up with it, sometimes I 'hear' when I type

the guidance is for good of all, and I have to share it, whether the receiver is open to it or not

it is my purpose on earth, to serve the universe and there is no way to deny or refuse it

I have to live my life in positivity and balance, just like everyone else for I am a part of universe

people may call the universe anything they feel more appropriate or they will mock it

I don't respond to negativity anymore, the universe takes care of it as usual

all I can say is that since this help was sent, everything in my life has been clear past, current, future, this doesn't mean I am free of challenges I am still learning myself

I have no doubt about the universe anymore and so I feel no need to debate about it

not that I am ever challenged, but if anyone does, I would try my best and leave it to the universe the rest of the argument