Reading Request - To Stave Off Bad Mood

• Hello Everyone,

I would like to request a reading, please. I have been struggling the past two weeks with the whole holiday thing and have felt…disconnected. I usually suffer from the holiday blues from November through January. Then I realized a greater feeling of dread was looming over me. This is day two of being severely grumpy and I just woke up! I don’t want to talk to anyone and I feel like shutting down.

I have been trying to keep an ‘open heart’ in regard to the person in my life but sometimes I just feel like it’s too hard to be vulnerable to someone. I was very curt with him yesterday and feel like pushing him away.

And hoping that my last ex-boyfriend won’t reach out to contact me. I don’t even want him to think about me. I still feel very uneasy just thinking about him. Towards the end of the relationship I felt like he wanted to hurt me physically.

And to top it off I learned some new family secrets that I was not aware of.

I guess it feels like it’s taking too long for good things to come to me. I am, like many of us, in a financial situation that is strangling me and a job that is not fulfilling. I feel like I am just existing and not enjoying my life. I feel like I don’t have any peace.

I have begun meditation and trying to allow forgivness and love to prevail over my tender feelings and insecurities.

Thanks in advance.

CoffeeGem

• Good Morning CoffeeGem ~

I don't do readings but I will add you to my prayers. I understand the "grumpy" feeling, I am a bit cranky myself with trying to quit smoking. Of all times to try to quit, whatever got into my head to try at this time of year? I just don't know! Lol! I have read thru many of the threads the last couple days but haven't responed because I didn't want to project any negativity from my crankiness, so insteadI have remained silent but in prayer.

The holiday blues are a difficult time for many of us and our feelings & moods are often amplified during the season. Some of it I think from the shorter days and our bodies not being able to absorb the benefits of the sunshine. I, as you, don't do so well during the holiday season, though those around me don't know it because what they see is a happy cheerful person that I let them see not the struggle going on inside me. My family lives in another state & I miss them so much & the holidays bring a sadness that I cannot be with them but also so many joyful memories, and it is the memories that help me get through.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a bit of something that helps me and maybe it can help you. I try to start each day with a positive quote, statement or story. There are many websites that offer positive, inspirational & motivational thoughts of the day (free of charge) and before I jump into the day, whether it be at home or work, I read 1, sometimes a few to get my energies flowing in a positive way! I have little notes with positive, motivational, attitude & patience based quotes posted all around my computer both at home and at work that I can quickly glance up at to give me a little boost (and glancing up at the postings has come in very handy at work at times when I have had a difficult customer sitting across my desk, lol!). A friend of mine tells me that the quotes I text him, on many occassions, has been what has gotten him focused & through the day and since I started this practice a year ago, it has made a huge difference in my attitude & life. I know it must sound like nonsense when you are faced with difficulties, but just give it a try and you may be surprised. I'm not saying it will make all your problems go away, it will just give you a different way, a different perspective on how you look at things that may in fact, change your circumstance in some way.

I leave you with a few of my thoughts that I have surrounding the computer I am using today:

"One comes to believe whatever one repeats to oneself suffiently often, whether the statement be True or False. It comes to be a dominating thought in one's mind" (choose positive thoughts to dominate your mind C-Gem!)

"Change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change"

"Our attitudes control our lives! Attitudes are a secret power working 24 hours a day, for good or bad. It is of paramount importance that we know how to harness and control this great force"

"This is my wish for you: comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, and love to complete your life"

"Just as a GEM cannot be polished without friction, nor can a life be perfected ...without trials"

Peace, Love & Blessings for a beautiful day! (HUGS)

• You put that very well.

• This post is deleted!

• Have you considered energy healing tapping techniques? This really worked for me. My SO gave me the name of a friend that performs EFT (emotional freedom techniques) and I have to say this has worked wonders for my energy. I have a tendency of absorbing negative energy and even though I really try to avoid it, life happens. In case you’re not familiar with these techniques, the concept is that all negative energy creates a disruption in the body; therefore the flow of energy (chi) traveling through the body is blocked. Tapping restores the balance of energy flow and releases the blockages…it’s like an energy detox. I just had a clearing done last week (the last time was about 3 years ago). I think there are books out there you can use to teach yourself. Unfortunately I can’t recommend any since I’ve only ever gone to my friend when I’ve been in need, but you can google and get some more info on it.

• This post is deleted!