Spammers Infesting Forums & Social Sites

• If you know anything about roaches, they multiply very quickly and are very hard to get rid of.

They take up residence where they're not wanted and don't care who they harm by their greed.

These people selling "cheep" goods are selling just that--designer knock-offs probably manufactured by workers making 75 cents an hour. I'm sure that they are driving people away from the forum. I don't understand how the administration can let this go on. They'll lose traffic and that means a loss of revenue from both the customers and advertisers. My 2 cents.

• 75????? i thought 20 or 25 at most!

• And yet admin can delete emails and posts from legitimate members in a matter of moments...

• I might be wrong here but i have noticed admin, is not here on the weekends and the spammers must know that, cause it seems that is when they show up here, same thing last weekend too, lots of spammers.

• American long weekend

Admin is away again as they were for the Canadian long weekend.

blessings

lovingsilverwings

• i am personally sick of digging through the topics to find the ones I want due to the GOON2 person continually posting rubbish that no one wants - im sure they are sending thier "stuff" to my email as well!!!!! can you just delete their accounts if they are only posting this sort of stuff???

• The spammer has been posting 2-3 days prior to the holiday weekend. I have complained about it directly to the admin and yet they do nothing about it. something is not right, and I truly find them annoying, but more annoying when so far nothing is being done to block the spammers.

• OKAY! I thought that I was losing my mind..... But I have been receiving weird e-mails as well. Over the Memorial Day Weekend, I got EIGHT e-mails from an unknown individual. I do NOT know how this individual received my e-mail. I will let Admin know that I suspect that these people are getting a hold of OUR E-Mail Add.

• BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• BUMP

• Hi Everyone,

We work very hard to get rid of the spammers, but for every hundred messages we delete there are a few that slips through. We are always Inundated with spam and we are constantly working on way to keep spammers off the board but at the same time they are constantly coming up with new ways to get around our restrictions.

We know it is annyoing and we apologize and we will continue to do our best to remove these spammers.

Thanks,

Admin

• OKAY! I thought that I was losing my mind..... But I have been receiving weird e-mails as well. Over the Memorial Day Weekend, I got EIGHT e-mails from an unknown individual. I do NOT know how this individual received my e-mail. I will let Admin know that I suspect that these people are getting a hold of OUR E-Mail Add...

Hi pilot007, I too was thinking the same, it really makes you want to leave these forums doesn't it...., this, and everything else....I myself really do genuinely love certain people on here, they are beautiful energies,and has helped me SO much, but, I have to say of late, I need to add up how the nasty and sick ones just dominate this site....I get SO fed up with it...it really is time to re- evaluate....

• Hello All,

There is no way for spammers to get your email addresses from these forums, your information is secure. That is why we are so strict about members posting email addresses within the forums, it's for protection. However, there are many of other ways for spammers to get email addresses across the internet universe. It's a battle everyone is facing this day and age -- not just on the forums.

Best,

Forum Admin