The Legend of the Starfish...

• Inspirational for me, I read this story years ago by an unknown author. Perhaps, it can be inspirational for those not familiar with it. For me it pertains to my family and the human race as a whole. Funny what we can learn from nature. Here goes:

One morning a young man was walking along the shoreline of an ocean and noticed that many starfish had beached themselves and were dying. One by one, he picked them up and threw them back into the ocean.

After a while, he came upon an older wiser man who asked him, "Young man, why are you throwing back these starfish? They have beached themselves and you will never make a difference as they will always beach themselves."

At that the young man stood looking around at all the beached starfish as there were so many. Undaunted, he reached down and picked up another starfish and threw it with all of his might back into the ocean. With that, he turned to the old man and said, " Made a difference for that one."

Author unknown

One by one, we can ALL make a difference if we do not give up. After all, failure is not defeat until you stop trying. (SarahStarfish)

Blessings to all!