I'm lost

• I'm looking for guidance. I have tried to be postive an a better person but I don't think I am or can pretend to be anymore. I am looking for peace. I just want to know if I should keep persevering or just leave. thank you

• You should keep on keeping on. Why do you think that you're not good enough? Life is hard and it's not easy being positive. It takes practice. You don't have to be perfect, no one is. Things will get easier.

• I am not naturally positive and what helped me is to think of all that I have to be grateful for. I made a list even though my negative self said it was stupid and that I had nothing to be happy about. It does take practice, but it is NOT impossible to turn things around. Take some time, allow yourself to have it and make a list of all the things you are happy about in your life. It doesn't matter how short or long the list is. If it is small, it will grow. Write down what you would like to be happy about and believe that it is the truth. I promise it can work if you really focus on what is great about you and your life.

I still struggle with it constantly, but have come a very long way from the dark places I have been in. Do not give up on yourself or believe that you cannot change your destiny. You can do it 🙂

• Stronginside ~ We are human and all have our moments of self doubt but that doesn't mean we should give up. As I posted earlier on another thread, change the way you look at things and the things you look at will change. You have been working on being positive and being a better person and that is what is important so don't allow the negativity to stop the progress you have made thus far...don't give up. We have trials to make us stronger and although in those periods of trials and difficulty it may seem hopeless, it's not. Focus on the good in your life, I find it helpful to write down all the good things in my life and carry it with me and when I doubt myself and the progress I have made, I pull out my list and read everything I have to be thankful for and it reminds me of all that I have been blessed with. My list started out on the short side but I am adding to it and it is growing as yours will too.

• i want to also mention that if you are depressed it is almost impossible to hold on to positive thoughts, at that point you should seek outside help. Be kind to yourself. Trust that things will get better, even if it doesn't seem that way now. Some people are more prone to anxiety or depression and have a hard time feeling a sense of peace within. However, that can change, it just might take some outside support and guidance.

• Spookykat~ We must have been posting at the same time as after I hit submit I saw yours and it sounds like we were both having some of the same thoughts...the list. Lol

I am a positive person, a deep thinker and always looking for ways to improve myself, be a better person and help those around me. I too have pulled myself up from a very dark place and struggle with the negative thoughts that occassionally creep in no matter how hard I try to push them away. I have spent the day preparing for the upcoming holiday and being thankful for all the good in my life. Even though my life is not be where I want it to be at the moment, I know I am blessed and I am where I am supposed to be at this time in my life and I continue to grow as a person.

Although I have had a positive day and spent the day thinking of all my blessings, there is something that is troubling me, some form of negativity trying hard to take hold and I am fighting letting it do so. I would appreciate & be thankful for a reading and guidance if anyone feels led to do so. Thank you in advance.

• Hi danr,

I get the feeling that in February something that you have been trying to create in your life will come to be.

• Thank you Manifestdreams for your reply. There are a few things I am working on and I think this is telling me I am heading in the right direction and to stay the course.

Stronginside ~ Please post and let us know how you are doing today. Whether it has been a good or bad day please let us know. You have taken the step to reach out and there are people here that will listen and support you through readings or just being a friend. I don't know how to do readings but I do know how to be a good friend. It may seem a little impersonal reaching out to someone that you do not know, but sometimes I think, that's what we need. Someone that can look at a situation objectively because they do not know all the personal little details in our life. It's your choice, but I really would like to know how you are doing.

Take care my friends 😃

• Stronginside, listen to your name you gave your self this name because you know this about yourself. That you are a strong person. I want to give you something that was mailed to me once during my darkest hour and it was a God send this poem made me cry:

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,

When the road your trudging seems uphill,

when the funds are low and the debts are high,

and you want to smile but you have to sigh,

when care is pressing you down a bit,

rest if you must but dont you quit.

Life is odd with its twists and turns,

as everyone of us sometimes learns,

and many a failure turns about when you might have won had you stuck it out;

Dont give up, though the pace seems slow

you may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than

it seems to a faint and faltering person

often the struggler has given up

when you might have captured the victors cup.

and you learned too late when the night slipped down

how close you were to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out

the silver tint of the clouds in doubt.

and you can never tell how close you are;

it may be near when it seems afar;

So stick to the fight when youre hardest hit

its when things seem worse that you mustnt quit.

• stronginside

staying positive is hard but not impossible. you should only live in the truth for truth is positive. living your life in denial or pretentious is not going to lead you anywhere. we all make mistakes, what matters is that we learn from it. learn from the past and close the door. make amends when applicable and move forward.

I am not sure what happened but this is all I can say based on what I read.

• The fact that you posted this here tells me you're NOT ready to give up. Nor shall you. And from what I've learned on my short time on this board, there are people, good people, willing to help and guide us all through difficult times. All of us have a hard time staying positive, but that is part of the human condition. I know from experience that when I help others and try to make them happy, it makes me happy. It makes me feel good about myself. Helps me find my 'Buddha Nature". I feel a warmth within myself grow.

My advice to you would be to do the same. Help others in whatever manner you can. Opening doors for people, helping our senior citizens cross the street, and just being kind to others. You'd be surprised at how much better you will feel about yourself, and the world around you, which can be a punishing world.

Stay strong.....we are all here for you. You matter.

Namaste

• Thank you all so very very very much. I feel a lot better today, and just wish to express my deepfelt gratitude to you all who helped me!

I know life can be very difficult at times, and I need to pick myself back up and keep trying every day.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• you are welcome stronginside

when you feel down, say This too shall pass

repeat as many times as necessary

it will pass

• yes we are all happy to help each other thats what its all about. Tell yourself too that the best is yet to come and it will! xo

• Stronginside,

I would love to share with you the Angels message for this week that was emailed to me, I found it to be a timely reminder for myself......

" "Choose to believe the worst is behind you so that you do not bring more difficulties into your life. This past year has been hard for many and now it is almost at an end. Clear the past from your thoughts and move forward with the belief that the best is yet to come and it will. Thoughts have great power and the wonderful thing is that you have complete control of yours" - The Angels

And another gem that came from Ahliyah (Circle of Gold) "You can now choose to learn and grow through joy rather than suffering".

I keep reminding myself of these to get me through and have faith that good things are coming.

• What wonderful advice from everyone on here, you guys really help make this forum the wonderful place that it is!

• Thank you stronginside for letting us know you are doing better today! I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers and send wishes that you find the peace you seek! You have found some new friends you may not have even known you were looking for ! Keep us posted how you are doing

Thank you Wenchie for sharing that inspiring message!

• Also wanted to thank Lovinmylife. The poem expresses so much truth and I thank you for sharing!

Ineedtomeditate ~ you are so right! This is such a wonderful forum and I am so glad I found it!

Wishing everyone a beautiful & peaceful evening!

• stronginside,

I'm so glad that you are feeling better today. I've been feeling pretty down myself lately and can understand how life can sometimes seem overwhelming. But as you said you have to keep trying everyday.

Now I will say that I think you have some otherworldly help going on here... I was cleaning out a drawer yesterday and came across a little card, I think it was given to me about 10 years ago but am not really sure. Now here is the kicker...On the card was printed the same poem that lovingmylife posted to you. I hadn't even remembered it and now have come across it twice in two days. So I really think someone wanted you to hear it, and perhaps I was meant to hear it too.

I also loved the angel message that Wenchie posted and all the other wonderful posts. So stronginside you have actually helped others by reaching out for yourself.

• Danr & Manifest,

You're welcome! I'm really glad you both got something out of the Angels Message, I certainly did and just think it's probably something alot of us need to hear right now. We need to hang in there and have faith that better times are on their way.

Lovinmylife,

I loved the poem, thanks for sharing that!