Help - PLease

• I bought some tarot cards and did a reading several months ago (I don't remember what cards I got). However, the reading was extremely negative.

I am hoping someone will do a new reading for me. All of my childhood immediate family has passed on. I feel quite alone in the world. My husband and I constantly argue - I don't know how much more of that I can take.

A reading would be greatly appreciated.

• I feel you are experiencing a time of completion. This is why certain people have been taken from your life and why you may be arguing with your partner so often lately. Have there been long-term problems in this marriage if I can be so blunt as to ask? I just get that something has been holding you back from truly enjoying your life and I feel it could be an unhappy partnership. Now this could be your marriage, or it could be a partnership in your working life. Take a look at both aspects of your life and see which one suits this. Then you may need to do some "truth time". You can't keep going on with a charade in order to please other people, which is what I think you have been doing. This is not a weakness in you, or anything to be ashamed about. Rather, this shows what strength you do have within you. You are able to cope, keep a smile going and be as positive as you can, even when your soul is crying, which I think it is and has been for a very long time.

I am very sorry for the loss of your family my friend; I understand how devastating this can be. HOwever, they want you to move into a much brighter and happier part of your life now and they are all pushing you to do this. You must leave whatever it is that is keeping you down and holding you back, whetehr it is as major as a relationship, or as simple as a habit that has you in its clutches.

This is a time for letting go of what does not serve you, and it may not be as daunting as you think.

Please take some time to re-evaluate those things in your life you have always been and done and see what could do with changing. If it does come down to your marriage being the problem, then rest assured once a decision has been made to either work on improving it, or ending it, things will begin to flow for you. You have waited long enough for it to be your turn. Now that time is around the corner and you need to have both hands held out, ready to grasp what life will offer you.

My parting messages here are:

Re-evaluate what you have been doing or how you have been for so long

Identify what has been pulling you down and keeping you back

Work on ways to improve, or end, these blockages to your happiness

Give yourself a firm and real chance for happiness

Think about YOU and what YOU want for a change

And go for it! I realise this could all sound a bit daunting, but if you are able to see what it is you truly want out of life, the way will become that bit clearer for you.

All the best with your life my friend. Blessings go to you and yours. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxo

• Thanks Chris - yes I have been in an unhappy marriage for years. i feel stifled and yearn to break free.

Thanks so much for the reading it seems very accurate. It doesn't seem quite as negative as the one I did.

• Hi 2alexis

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad the reading helped you some. It's always a bit worrying looking at the underlying reasons for unhappiness, but I'm glad my reading helped you identify yours.

You and I are in the same boat my friend. Both of us have tried to keep unhappy - while not abusive or violent - marriages going for longer than was meant for us, but we will both emerge all the better for making this overdue decision. I am in the process of separating as we speak and it's taken me 20+ years to get to this point.

I wish you all the best. And remember this when things get you down or you start to doubt: you are doing this not only for yourself, but also to free your husband up so he can find the happiness he deserves. This is not all about just us, is it?

Blessings to you and yours on this journey of truth. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox

• Hi Chris,

I had not thought about the issue from my husband's perspective. He must be almost as unhappy as I am.

Making the transition is a very frightening thing because I don't have any family members to help me out. That makes being alone a very scary. I would not have anyone to call for emergencies and that issue is holding me back from making the needed change.

However, since I don't have any family ties anywhere then I could move anywhere in the country. I am trying to decide where I should move if and when I do get a divorce.

• G'day again alexis,

Y'know, in a lot of ways, I'm in the same boat. I'm only just on mild speaking terms with my family and they don't live near me either. I don't have a huge support network in this small town I live in, plus we will be sharing custody of our fifteen year old daughter. I, like you, am scared also and have put off this much needed decision due to these reasons. But I can't stretch this out any longer, and fear or no, I must face it.

Try and keep a friendship between yourself and your husband, as you might find you can help each other out to a degree during the initial stages of your separation. There's nothing wrong with two friends helping each other out, so try not to look at your husband as the enemy. Nor should he look at you that way. My husband and I are doing all we can to maintain the friendship, and we have vowed we will be there for each other as friends if the need arises. This also makes the transition a lot easier for any children involved as they won't feel pushed and pulled between two "enemies".

You'll know when the time is right to do this. It took the recent death of a friend to bring the axe down for us as we'd been "toying" with the decision for a while beforehand, but these things make you think about your own life, your own mortality and what you will leave behind when your time comes.

Let's all try and reach for the happiness we deserve; all of us. The trouble with divorce is that people tend to think of things on more of a "me" basis rather than "us" which I think causes a lot of unnecessary bitterness and arguments. Do this with the greater good of yourself and everyone involved in heart and mind and the road should be less rocky and less fearful for you.

Good luck and many blessings to you and your husband. And remember that it's a lot easier to maintain friendship than constant and often unnecessary battles. Hope this helps you some! xoxoxoxoxxoxoxoxoxo