Just wondering?

• does any one else come from a Christian back ground and struggles with that back ground?

I am interested in the Tarot and just got my cards and I am very excited about learning. I believe in God and Jesus and the holy spirit but i just can't handle churches and some of "its" believe system any longer. I have studied a little about old world religions and can see so many vains of truth running through old world religions and other religions in general I just can't believe that God uses only the Christian religion to speak to people.

But I still struggle with some inner stuff about all the Christian religion that I was raised in.

Also I am concerned about letting my husband know I am interested in leaning the Tarot, even though we don't attend church any more, he still has his believe system based in the Christian religion.

The whole heaven and hell thing is very strong and the feeling I can't have both, my belief in God/jesus/holy spirit and my believe that God is bigger than the box of the Christian Church!

The thing that "I know that I know" is God has called us to "Love".........and not to "judge", so I am standing on that but still fearing hell if "I step across the line" to learn the Tarot and look at other forms of religions or practices.

On a side note: I have also my whole life known things before they happen and believe that it is a gift from God. It doesn't happen all the time but enough!

thank you for reading this and giving me a place to put words to my feelings, sometime it is nice to know you aren't the only one! So if any of you have been in my place I would love to hear from you...

Thank you

Birdie

AKA

Sharon

• Hi Birdie.......

Sorry it took me so long to get here........You stood out to me in this forum so I decided to see what you were wondering about.

Let me start with a little about me. My mother....(May she rest in peace 1/10/02) tried to keep my sister and I in church....We went from Protestant to Pentecostal...then finally to Baptist.

I never felt like I belonged. The people were nice and all.....but like you said.....How could God choose just one method?? So I quit going to church completely when my mom died. I would go from time to time just to please her (I'm being honest here). Also, being raised as an Army Brat we were never in any ONE place for very long. So....consistency was a problem as well....but LO and Behold....my mother would find somewhere.

Ok....so now you know a smidgen of my youth. I am now a 40 year old woman with a 15 yr old son and I have found myself looking into "other" religions. I have my doubts and I'm not ashamed to say so. I live in the bible belt so I don't advertise it....but if I'm asked....I'll say whats on my mind. (By the way....I'm a Gemini.....born on the cusp of Cancer) June 20, 68 6:15AM.

Oh yeah....and about your hubby........ If he himself has not EVER questioned the christian way... I'm sure that he will probably condemn or chastise you for even THINKING there may be another way / answer / calling......whatever you want to call it.

I'm not in ANY WAY trying to recruit ANYONE.....but The Wiccan and Pagan community that I have been reading about were around long before Christianity.

Speaking on my own behalf......I feel VERY comfortable when I go to their website. No one pushes anything on you......I guess you can describe them as Earth Hippies......LOL.... They believe in The Lady and The Lord or Goddess and God. Earth,Water,Air and Fire.

I still have not decided which way to go......Will I be DAMNED to HELL??? Maybe. Maybe not.

Its what makes YOU FEEL COMFORTABLE!!!

I totally understand where you are coming from.

• Oh...I almost forgot......The things that you see "before they happen", That is YOUR energy. You can hone that if you wished. But you need to focus on the energy inside of you.

Visualize a powerful white light coming from inside of you and surrounding you. See how that feels to you.

• Thank you!

I am so excited I let my husband know that I got the cards and he is fine so far! I feel so much better not keeping it from him......!

I am 51 and a mother of 6 (two sets of twins in the mix) all my own birth children ages 30 to 14! I am a Libra.

Spent the the better part of my adulthood very involved in the Four Square Church! I have a ton of information to filter through!

I raised my earlier kids in church and two of them rarely go but my oldest married in the bible belt and is still very involved in church. My youngest 3 girls started in church but have no real draw to it, I have tried to raise all my kids to search for themselves (even the first 3 I just exposed them pushed it)

• sorry my computer just went nuts and I didn't get to finish!

Anyway it is very nice to meet you.......

thank you for the insight to my "inner knowing" as I call it! I am excited to start exploring with out fear!

And I have studied a bit of Wiccan and the God and Goddess believes. And it makes sense to me......And I like the idea of being comfortable...because I am very comfortable standing on my belief to "Love and not Judge" and I am looking forward in exploring my own ideals and being free of fear!

Thanks again looking forward to getting to know you better...

Sharon

• Hey Birdie.....

It's me again. I hope that something I said helped you out and also knowing that you are not the only one out there. You are not alone. By NO MEANS.

So would you like to exchange regular emails? No Pressure....I just thought that maybe you would like to chat privately.

Being on this "forum"........is so NOT private.

Let me know.....and it's nice to meet you too.

By the way.....why don't you check out www.wiccantogether.com/profile/ShellyD

copy and paste that....it should take you right to my profile. Your choice.

It's nice to meet you as well. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Blessed Be.

• This post is deleted!

• Just wondering if anybody has ever lost coins. I was in i ching tossing the coins not sure what i did noticed 30 coins were gone. So i hit the back arrows to see what i did and then 30 more was gone which left me 0. I feel like i got ripped off. I thought if it was gonna make you pay for something you had to give permission for it to take coins out of your account. the sad part is i was not even asking a serious question i was just looking for candy. I had worked really hard for those coins and had been saving them trying to get to 90 for a report i wanted. I don't even feel comfortable using the site any more and i really liked this site too. Very, Very disguisted. I feel as though I have been robbed!

• i don't know what u did to loose the coins it usualy does not happend unless you ask for your future hex......the present hex costs nothing...........if you want to find the candy today’s clue you can see it on “Help Free Super KC!” blog in the comments.........you go at the last pages………the candy was already found…………i’ll give the clue here anyway….but look there the next time………the clue is: “Love” the “opposite attraction”(is a link and you find it on the right of the page) this should garantee you a treat!…………….good hunting everyone!……let’s free super KC!

• my whole family comes from a christian background and even though i don't believe in it they do so i respect there beliefs but i used to be christian and i never went to church and now im athesist and i will let my family believe in whatever they want to believe in i don't want to change them

• Well it only took 2 day to get my account up- now I have figure out how to add you or go to my site and add me...lol

http://www.wiccantogether.com/profile/Sharon91

• fishyluvsbull-

I'm sorry for the mishap regarding your Karma Coins. Our I Ching reading is free, and should not subtract Karma Coins from your account. I've sent your complaint and e-mail on to our customer service rep, who will be contacting you via e-mail shortly to work through the issue and refund your Karma Coins.

In the future, should anything like this occur, don't hesitate to contact feedback@tarot.com.

• i sow that they were supposed to be free but when you access the readings they tell you they cost (eah one a diffrent amount)...........so know is that clear?........because it was not just for the i-ching it was for the rest of the readings from the list of free........

• Just want to say i knew this was a great site. the fixed the mis-hap with my coins and gave them back to me. very grateful. thanks for the help.

• si is the i-ching free?.....is it just the present hex or the future one also?.....because for the future one it said to me that it cost!

• I am now a minister of a progressive, multi-cultural, multi-denominational religious organization. And the reason I have gone this path, instead of a Christian-only church,

is that I have found that there ARE common threads in all beliefs and there is truth everwhere around us. About the only teachings we don't embrace are the Dark Arts, such as Voodoo and Black Wicca....because of the negative energy surrounding them, and produced by them.

Through my own personal studies, I have discovered that there is no 100% correct or 100% incorrect religion. We all have a piece of the truth puzzle. And only in our unity and free exchange of ideas will we be able to put the pieces together and get a more complete look at the big truth puzzle.

Just remember that most religious dogma is taken from the cannonized texts. Those texts were cannonized by flesh-and-blood human beings, and those human beings were largely controlled by their respective governments of their time. There were texts that were tampered with, some that were left out, etc. that it's hard to say how much actual real truth was left in them.

The governments of various ages have always used "the church" and "religion" to control the masses. That's why Christianity has a lot of "guilt trips" built into it.

Here is a scripture that supports the fact that planets have their own energy or "glory":

From Zondervan's Amplified Bible online...

1 Corinthians 15

1Co 15:39 For all flesh is not the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for beasts, another for birds, and another for fish.

1Co 15:40 There are heavenly bodies (sun, moon, and stars) and there are earthly bodies (men, animals, and plants), but the beauty and glory of the heavenly bodies is of one kind, while the beauty and glory of earthly bodies is a different kind.

1Co 15:41 The sun is glorious in one way, the moon is glorious in another way, and the stars are glorious in their own [distinctive] way; for one star differs from and surpasses another in its beauty and brilliance

Tarot is based on the Tree of Life from Kabala....practiced by an ancient Jewish sect in Chaldea.

It's believed by some scholars that the Chaldean Kabalans were the authors of the Dead Sea Scrolls, and they were also the home sect of John The Baptist....Jesus' blood first cousin on his mother's side, and his forteller and precursor. Now would the creator allow his son's precursor to be a part of a sect that practiced an "evil" practice? I don't believe so....

So consider that the creator made all that is here, and that truth is scattered everwhere. Just because we don't quite understand how the pieces fit together right now, doesn't mean they aren't a part of the big truth puzzle.

Ask for wisdom and discernment, and don't let religious dogma make you crazy or tie you up in knots....or "guilt trip" you.

SRNC

• Hi, I don't know that much about the history of tarot. I don't understand if the cards are considered as spirit guides, or energies guide the spirit guides (cards). I believe it is man-made. I think it's a form of entertainment and probably not something to run my life by. I don't feel comfortable comparing it w/the Holy Bible. I'm not trying to guilt-trip anybody. I have total faith in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit. This is a truth that came to me. I can't say it was thru a specific church. Although what I have seen and witnessed is based in scripture. I have talked to many people who have similar stories and believe the stories of the saints. I think the Holy Spirit dwells in different churches, not just one. Maybe you all have heard about the Miracle of the Sun in Fatima. This was witnessed by thousands of people. Even reported in newspapers. Present day is the Miracle in Medjugorje. Not approved by the church yet. These things are happening and are the basis of my belief.