What Do The 'Shivers' Mean?

• in a similar vein I also have a question.. Libraslair - you talked about feeling the same physical pain as your partner. I have had that in the past. But I was also wondering if anyone has had the experience of unconsciously acting like someone else - ie walking, gesturing, standing, laughing like another person (even someone you are not involved with) etc? And if so what do people think this means? Does it show some connection?

• I have experienced that. I have experienced to feel the physical pain of others. And I have experienced that other thing you are mentioning. It does not "mean" anything, I think. The physical pain is about empathy. And the other thing you mentioned is rather just like being filled with another persons energies and that is why it shows in the behaviour. Us humans affect each other. It is just about that. To me it has not meant that I have a special connection with those people. I just felt how they feel and acted it out in that moment. Life is about learning what energy is good and what energy is not helping. Our energies is in a way contagious. What we feel do affect others, even if we are not aware of it. We should learn how to trust that quietness inside of us, so that we will be able to see the difference between the energies that come and go. Some serve us well and others are not useful for us.

• Lovingmylife,

How are you? I am doing ok, October has been tough, praying for brighter days. Thanks love.

• HI dejasmum, Im doing better than I was last week thats for sure. I know you are going through alot I think I saw it on another post. My sister went through a similar problem with her daughters. They live with her father he was controling all aspects of cutody and it was heart wrenching. Things have calmed down alot though and my sis is getting much more time with her kids. She has told me that this situation has made her feel like a loser as a mother at times. I know its hard, feel free to talk to me anytime. XOXOX

• i've had something like that happened, but it was warm and didn't happen often. I was most of the time sleeping when I felt it and I would wake up. I should've noted it somewhere so I could look back to it someday and maybe I could figure out what was this energy all about.

All I remember is that it was warm and it left a warm cozy feeling in my heart and body for at least a few minutes after I woke up. If I were sick, this energy would heal me that way. Maybe someone was sending help to me, knowing I was ill. Not sure who though since it didn't always happen and I don't always take any illness seriously enough to tell anyone about it. There were also times I wasn't sick or tired, wasn't dreaming of anything particular either.

I'm gonna check out this thread now and then, maybe someone knows what that is.

• Wenchie I've been away from the site, just saw your request hold on I'm getting the info.

• Hi 🙂

Wenchie- I think the best thing to do is to ask him about it. Next time it happens just call him and ask him? Would that make sense?

I also am connected with people like that and I know when they think of me. The shivering part I experienced that as well - are connected with strong emotions/ feelings you have for this guy.

You want to know if those are mutual and I would say that is not a guarantee.

That is why you need to ask him.

• This post is deleted!

• Hi HPriestess,

Yes I think you may be right in this being connected with the feelings and emotions I have for this guy. It doesn't happen every time I think of him, just sometimes and I could be thinking of something totally different and then a random thought will come in of him and it will happen. Just a shiver and a shudder through the top part of my body and a feeling of being connected with him.

I don't think it means his feelings are mutual as such, but I do feel we have a strong connection. At this time, I would not ask him. It's just not the right time and I'm too chicken!!!!!

• Yes mega123 I hadn't met the person that I was emulating so I couldn't understand the moving furniture from one room to another. I was pacing which isn't something I do. I was by myself and very agitated and couldn't figure out why I was doing all of these things. I found out that this 22 yr. old was having the same behavior. Very interesting.

• Dear Wenchie,

I don't agree that this is a good reaction. Sorry to throw a monkey wrench in with the mix, but anything that sends chills down my spine or gives me the shivers I can only associate with the feeling of "someone walking across my grave" shivers, which is not a pleasant feeling.

At one time, thinking about the man I loved would make my stomach go all butterflies and send waves of pleasure through me, but they were not shivers or shuddering. Shudders come from your deep inner psyche sending you a different sort of message.

• Poetic555

Thank you so much for the site info, I haven't read too far into it, but it looks really interesting and I'm glad I got the details before your post was pulled. I'll come back to you on that.

Firefly01

I understand what you are saying but they are not unpleasant shivers in any way and I get a very nice feeling around my heart chakra area. I wouldn't say they were chills down my spine, and it's really hard to put into words what I actually feel, but I don't get any bad feelings from it at all. I don't know how to explain in to you other than I have a "knowing" that it is not bad in any way.

• hi wenchie

i hope you dont mind me butting into your post im new here and still finding my way around. I wantedto reply to your post on the men we're osessing over as well as this oneso i thought i'd just ost here because it may bemore relevant. I too get the shivers sometimes when i think of the man that is currently in my heart. I'm a biologist so i know that this is prob just hormones but i also have the experience you mentioned of knowing when im going to here from him, though sometimes i don't realise this, or maybe i'm afraid to admit this, until after he's text or called. this i cant explain wth science.

what i really want to ask though is how do you stay positive? all the tarot readings i've done tell me to trust in myself andmy instincts which t the minute are telling me i dont want to hurt anymore and i dont derserve to be made to feel not good enough. however a celtic love cross i did told me that i will have a relationship with this man (or boy by the way he's been acting!) but i need to be optimistic and patient. but im i've been here before and im soo scared of believing in false hope then beating myself up for being stupid. im just dont know what to believe!

• Hi Roseydaisy,

Butt away!!!!

You sound like you are in the same spot I am and I wish I could tell you how to stay positive, not think about him, be patient etc etc. I do believe that this guy and I will be together in a more committed way, but I have to tell you there is a part of me that is scared that I'm fooling myself or having false hope or wishful thinking (due to past experience). For me, I know I need to work on my limiting self beliefs and work through my own insecurities and confidence issues.

I think our timing may be a little off and he has his own stuff to work through. So in the meantime, I would not say I am exactly sitting around waiting for him or anything like that. I am using this time to figure my own stuff out and work on myself. I am pretty busy anyway but probably need to resort my life and my priorities and work at getting myself back into balance. I think that's all you can do, just have faith and trust that things will work out the way they should and focus on your own stuff in the meantime. Love and nurture ourselves. Tonight I am planning a sea salt bath, candles, soothing music and will RELAAAAAAAAX! Then I'm going to meditate and then get to some healings I am overdue on. That's another thing I find that helps, is focusing on others and being able to help or give in some way to someone else.....takes your mind yourself.

I wish you all the best, I hope it all works out for you. And if neither of our these men realise what fantastic women they have in front of them and don't want more with us, well it's their loss! 🙂

• lol thanks wenchi ts comforting to know others are in the same boat. i think yu're right about keeping busy with our own stuff, and i have more than enough to keep me busy! you're night of relaxation sounds heaven! i think i shall do the same tomorrow night!

thank you again for your kind words and i hope things wrk out for you too 🙂