Insights on these cards?

• Me: Ace of Cups

Partner: Three of Wands

Relationship: Strength

Question I was asking was something among the lines of will my ex get an insight or get the courage for confrontation with himself (can't remember which of the two I asked before pulling the card)

Relationship with a deep mutual love didn't work out because of personal traumas being amplified and my ex partner not ready to go to therapy, which I needed him to because I can't run the relationship with only my own effort.
    We ended it lovingly, although after a conflict where he was done with my behaviour and I was with his, concluding it doesn't work for now, he said two things "perhaps in a year I can reconsider, but I'm not sure if I get myself to therapy in a year." "Let's hope that apart from this being an ending, it is the start of something new".

Interpretations please?

• @Ystpy
    Which deck did you use ?

Ace of Cups speaks of new beginnings .. so it seems as though you are ready for new beginnings, opening the lid to new love on some level ... while he is at a pause ,a moment of reflection
    the relationship card Strength reminds us the relationship may take courage, endurance and stamina to move ahead...

• @Ystpy Hmm it's pretty interesting that the first thing you've quoted him saying is "perhaps in a year I can reconsider, but I'm not sure if I get myself to therapy in a year." - which sounds a bit like the Three of Wands.

And the other phrase you've quoted is "Let's hope that apart from this being an ending, it is the start of something new" - which sounds a bit like the Ace of Cups.

Looks to me like you are holding on/ putting weight on (strength) to the hope of the second thing he said, but he's more on the side of the other one?

• @hekatesxing hi does the message matters which deck you use?

• @Kerry
    Yes as the images can give us more clues to the message .. it could speak more about what the characters are doing, colours that seem important, any other symbiology that may stand out in the image ...