Help with reading

• Hello, I am not going to give too much context to start off with- I did this reading for myself and I think I need a second opinion. I did a Celtic cross for my love life over the next six months, I asked something like what to expect and what is my best course of action.

Here are the cards
    Self: Two of cups
    Challenge card: Two of Wands
    Past: Eight of wands
    Near Future: Six of Cups
    Subconscious: The Lovers
    Conscious: Page of Pentacles
    Advice: Eight of Swords
    External influences: reversed seven of cups
    Hopes and fears: Queen of swords
    outcome: Four of Wands

I wonder what someone who doesn't know my situation would make of this- I think it surprised me a lot. I will obviously give context after you have had a stab at it.

Many thanks

Redlyn

• @redlyn ok- so no one has any ideas. Well, my depressed and traumatised ex blocked me a few weeks ago. And I have no idea where my love life is heading, let's be honest. I was confused any positive cards came out at all.

• Does this mean my ex is coming back or something?.

• @redlyn, I am not a tarot reader but my impression of your reading is that, although you have struggled to overcome some love issues and bad relationships(like being overly negative) in the past, everything is going to turn out well for you. You are ready for a true partnership. But you must consider your longer-term goals and hopes and plan for what you need to practically do to achieve them. Whereas in the past, you may have just winged it and hoped for the best like a dreamy teenager relying on the heart and not the head to guide you. But the need for positive thinking and not to pre-judge or prejudice your future because of events from the past is paramount. Could you perhaps be fearing being on your own a bit too much, making you overly reliant on someone to lean on?

• @redlyn said in Help with reading:

@redlyn ok- so no one has any ideas. Well, my depressed and traumatised ex blocked me a few weeks ago. And I have no idea where my love life is heading, let's be honest. I was confused any positive cards came out at all.

Hey dear @redlyn - I know sometimes when we are in a low phase and positive cards appear, you do not trust them. But you know what its the cards way of telling you that thins change, energies change and people change. So infact positive cards should fill you up with hope and some very important advises which will help you transform your current energies.
    Infact, while reading a spread you not only concentrate on one particular card, its how the story flows and how each card merges with one another. Also, if you are baffled by the Four of Wands, it not always means the traditional wedding , it could mean more stability for you.

Well your question was 'how your love life will be in next 6 months' so this is mostly about you.. if you had asked about the two of you together, then it could mean something like getting back together!
    So with the context you provided let me see what all cards speak for your situation -

Here are the cards
    Self: Two of cups
    Challenge card: Two of Wands

• The next few months will be a time where you have better understanding of your own desires and needs. You be more joyous and that will attract more respect from potential lovers. If you do start a new relationship, it will mean one that is based on mutual respect, understanding. Since this card means coming together, two becoming one, and you checked for next 6 months- it is a strong indication that you are more ready for love and someone wonderful could be coming in who will remind you what real connections are about- love and respect. Two of Wands being a challenge would be that it could be an overseas relationship, keeping you two at a distance but that isn't negative per se. It will be a challenge in the way that you would find it difficult to keep yourself balanced and optimistic about it, so you could keep dillying dallying whether to actually go for it or not. So you would have the choice .

Past: Eight of wands
    Near Future: Six of Cups

• The past card is about quick movements, changes. But this was something which happened quite suddenly but worked in your favor. This was some positive move you took which has landed you in this present situation. Was it the decision to split ? Because however painful that might have been, it was actually the right thing to do that moment. What do you feel?
      The near future is also asking you to bask in wonderful memories of a past relationship but do not cling to it. Every relationship teaches us something, serves a purpose, it would be obvious to feel nostalgic. But advice here would be not to bind yourself to the old self, use the lessons learnt from past into newer relationships and live in the present! Also, a card of healing.

Subconscious: The Lovers
    Conscious: Page of Pentacles

• The Lovers is a beautiful card of subconscious. your soul longs to feel the inner harmony and joy. At the subconscious level you are learning whats good for you and not, what do you as a person want from a relationship and that is making you such an evolved person. Your inner conflicts are fading and there is a need to balance your own feminine and masculine energies. This also indicates a spiritual awakening process for you. So when next you meet a potential connection, it could turn into something more meaningful for you. Literal meaning would also mean that your higher self is telling you that in the next 6 months there is a chance that you meet your soulmate.
      Page of Pentacles in conscious position could mean that you need to learn something, may be with respect to spirituality or professionally you would take some courses. this doesn't resonate to me more.

Advice: Eight of Swords

• The past was something that made you feel stuck, helpless and powerless in your situation. you felt like the victim here, it may be true but holding onto those feelings will not help you heal. Try to shift your attention to what is still good and release the unnecessary attachments which no longer serve good for you. Claim your power and believe that no one else has the power over you to hurt you, it is you who decide. You are free!

External influences: reversed seven of cups
    Hopes and fears: Queen of swords

• Your environment or your past influences have made you feel trapped in illusions. There are so many things which are confusing and not clear at the moment. There is uncertainty but that is where your hope lies to be able to cut through deception like the the true Queen of Swords. You wish to be more logical and be able to judge people and situations better. You hope to be able to make better decisions with your head, keeping your emotions in check.

outcome: Four of Wands

• Like I mentioned the Four of Wands could mean more stability, happiness for your own self- it doesn't necessarily have to mean getting married or getting back together. Feeling more stronger in your own belief system having inner peace is also suggested by this card. If you are in a new relationship, it would mean there is a stronger foundation of understanding, respect , support from each other.

Sorry, I didn't feel like it denotes your ex is coming back, there are no cards suggesting this. also the behavior you mentioned it seems unlikely. But there is a chance of a new relationship, a better one.
    Remember, if you feel unsure of any particular card you can ask for more clarity on it. and pay attention to intuitive nudges you get which are more important than the traditional meaning of the cards. So how did you feel about these cards in totality, because you would be the better judge of it.

• @dancervibes06 Thanks for doing this for me- it is awesome of you. I found the reading very insightful.

You asked in the Eight of Wands Section how I feel about the split. I feel terrible, but I was the one to suggest that we be low key for a while. My ex had been in and out of depressive episodes where he would disappear without warning. When he disappeared for a month, I told him perhaps it was time to see a doctor, and that perhaps he wasn't in the place for a relationship but we could date later on.. It wasn't a proper split, more like, ok things aren't happening now and I get you are sick. He said he would see a doctor and then a week later blocked me without warning- Charming! I did try to support him with his depression, but I was in the middle of a PGCE and disappearing without warning was tough on me, as I had no one to support me as a consequence.

I like what you said about the Lovers card, and I think you are right about the eight of swords. It would be easy for me to stay the victim of this situation rather than accept that his behaviour shows more about him and he isn't well at all.

I think again I am trying to figure out what is real and true from people- like you say in the Queen and the seven of wands.

I can't think about finding love again, but who knows who I will be over the next six months, perhaps love will come, maybe it won't but I am unlikely to stay in a relationship where my needs aren't met for long again.

• @TheCaptain Again I think this is very insightful. It is amazing what we can tell just by looking at the cards, we don't have to have all the knowledge or traditional understanding of the tarot. I think my ability to have insight is just off right now- all my emotions are out of wack so it probably wasn't the right time to do a reading. I might come back to it when I am more recovered.

• @redlyn said in Help with reading:

@dancervibes06 Thanks for doing this for me- it is awesome of you. I found the reading very insightful.

You asked in the Eight of Wands Section how I feel about the split. I feel terrible, but I was the one to suggest that we be low key for a while. My ex had been in and out of depressive episodes where he would disappear without warning. When he disappeared for a month, I told him perhaps it was time to see a doctor, and that perhaps he wasn't in the place for a relationship but we could date later on.. It wasn't a proper split, more like, ok things aren't happening now and I get you are sick. He said he would see a doctor and then a week later blocked me without warning- Charming! I did try to support him with his depression, but I was in the middle of a PGCE and disappearing without warning was tough on me, as I had no one to support me as a consequence.

I like what you said about the Lovers card, and I think you are right about the eight of swords. It would be easy for me to stay the victim of this situation rather than accept that his behaviour shows more about him and he isn't well at all.

I think again I am trying to figure out what is real and true from people- like you say in the Queen and the seven of wands.

I can't think about finding love again, but who knows who I will be over the next six months, perhaps love will come, maybe it won't but I am unlikely to stay in a relationship where my needs aren't met for long again.

Dear @redlyn - I'm glad I could help in understanding your cards more. Thanks for reverting. It does look like you supported your ex a lot but sometimes you also need to fend for yourself, and thats just what you had to do. There's no shame in doing that and that is very wise of you indeed.
    Yes, we should never compromise on our own needs. And there should be a balance in any relationship, the give and take should be from both sides!
    I hope you find new love soon ❤

• @dancervibes06 Hi there, sorry I didn't see your reply. Well interestingly enough, my ex did show back up. He had had a depressive episode/ couldn't cope with being there for me and the situation he was in. How crazy though. We had a nice time talking and reconnecting but I don't know if we will get back together. You are right we should never compromise on our own needs. It is hard when we love someone and we watch them suffer, but there is only so much pain we can take ourselves. Thanks for the good luck. xx