Hello! Hello! Hello!

• Hi guys. I’ve been reading cards for about 6 years now. I just did my first paid reading ever today.

But over the years I have done HUNDREDS of free readings for friends, family and many Many strangers .
    It is so exhausting sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I love it so much... and I gain a lot from it. But as a stay at home mom it’s hard to give so much energy away to people and only get the experience gratitude and good feeling from helping some one else.

People always go crazy over my readings and healings. I’ve never really had a single person say anything besides good things about my readings. I’m always surprised to see how relevant the reading was to the individuals life.
    Right now I’m trying really hard to get a tarot bussiness off the ground but it seems people always just want free readings no matter how cheap my readings are and I guess that’s to be expected.
    Any way. I guess I’m just here to say hello and talk to like minded people who do the same things as I do. I hope to become a known member here and have friends to talk to about this subject.

• @Magdalayne Hi dear, welcome to the forum.
    I completely agree with you, its exhausting being a tarot reader and a mom, its tough getting the time and energy to give detailed readings. I feel you , I'm on the same boat 😛
    Also, people do want free readings.. i know, its like when they can get an advice for free then why pay for it. I would suggest you getting on YouTube and doing free live readings for initial days if you are comfortable with. There is a worldwide reach to it and you will get your own set of followers. Soon, you will get requests for private in detailed readings which you can charge. It can be a slow start but judging by your experience I think you will attract more paid subscribers soon. I'm sensing you might be profitable there .. good luck ! ❤ and happy to have you here 🙂

• @Magdalayne
    Hi, I agree with Dancervibes, stop doing free readings for everyone (make family the only exception). Tell friends that you will expect a small payment from now on and never advise strangers who enquire that you charge a fee.
    People don't factor in that your time as well as your energy is being used and time is money.
    Charge a fair price (not cheap) because if you don't put a value on your time nobody else will either. You'll come to learn that people pay more attention to what you are telling them when they are paying for your services. Don't undersell yourself.
    Think about setting up a Facebook or Instagtam page, connect with other tarot enthusiasts and utilise social media to get your name out there.
    Youtube is good too but requires huge time anc effort to hit the algorithm to get your videos noticed.
    I hope that gives you some ideas.

• @Magdalayne said in Hello! Hello! Hello!:

Hi guys. I’ve been reading cards for about 6 years now. I just did my first paid reading ever today.

But over the years I have done HUNDREDS of free readings for friends, family and many Many strangers .
    It is so exhausting sometimes. Don’t get me wrong, I love it so much... and I gain a lot from it. But as a stay at home mom it’s hard to give so much energy away to people and only get the experience gratitude and good feeling from helping some one else.

People always go crazy over my readings and healings. I’ve never really had a single person say anything besides good things about my readings. I’m always surprised to see how relevant the reading was to the individuals life.
    Right now I’m trying really hard to get a tarot bussiness off the ground but it seems people always just want free readings no matter how cheap my readings are and I guess that’s to be expected.
    Any way. I guess I’m just here to say hello and talk to like minded people who do the same things as I do. I hope to become a known member here and have friends to talk to about this subject.

Hi Magdalayne,

I am in the same situation like you.... As an enthusiast tarotist I feel stuck in the same problem...
    I started learning tarots in 2015 and after a couple of years reading only 4 myself I decided to start giving readings on forums. As with you, everyone was happy and comfortable with my predictions so this year I decided to be payed for it in some groups where I subscribed, asking for donation.
    But soon as I asked, everyone told me they haven't money. And it was embarassing. The same reply all the time... I am feeling maybe I have to request a price not a donation, maybe they are awkward about this?
    I have only media to rely on because no one around is interested in get my readings but I don't know many things about computer....so advertising me there is a huge problem and I keep on going the same way....
    I really would like to know other ways to get popular there but being on you tube or starting a new channel would requests too much efforts and time.

• hey guys. its been two weeks, and believe it or not Ive made 75 dollars. my FB page has gained some traction, and my insta is doing slightly better. I also started a youtube. I also recieved an email from a scout at psychic oz wanting me to become a approved reader. So things are looking up. i feel really strange about the sudden small successes, but also hopeful. Thanks for your input. I really appreciate it!