Confused about reading

• Here's what I pulled...
    10 of cups reversed- what I want
    5 of swords- what he wants
    2 of cups- where it's going
    4 of pentacles reversed- advice for me
    Ace of swords- advice for him.

I interpret this as, I want a relationship with him but, not the complete thing. A loving happy relationship but without the kids and living together forever. He wants a relationship without conflict (not sure this is the right interpretation but it's a confusing card for this placement). Its obviously heading toward a closer loving relationship, either friendly or romantic. Despite this my advice is to let it go? And he should seek new opportunities? Or simply be honest with me in his communication? I'm really confused. If our relationship is heading toward a happy place why should I let it go? Or am I interpreting this all wrong? I'm a novice.

• @IrieEden said in Confused about reading:

10 of cups reversed- what I want
    5 of swords- what he wants
    2 of cups- where it's going
    4 of pentacles reversed- advice for me
    Ace of swords- advice for him.

My thoughts re this spread ...
    10 of Cups RX to me speaks of wanting things to be happy even though things may not seem to be perfect at this time .. You may also not be wanting things to be not so perfect but an expectation of the worse yet to come (this could be subconscious, not fully aware of your inner truth to the situation)
    5 of swords - to me speaks of a no-win sort of event. an event where there is no winner.. in the case of one being in control while the other seems to be defeated by the situation ...
    2 of Cups can speak of balance, within a new relationship.. could it be one of giving and receiving ?
    4 of Pentacles Rx - Can speak of re-evaluating the situation, this may be the time to let go, There may be some obstacles to the relationship for you on some level.
    Ace of swords- asks that he find some clarity/ to declutter the thoughts, perceptions, ideas he may have about the relationship ...

When reading through this reading .. I feel though even though the relationship may be balanced on some levels there may be an underlying factor with some obstacles, some difficulties .. I feel the reading is asking you to understand that there will be some challenges and together with honest communication and whether you decide you want to fight and accept the challenges that may arise .. the other option is to walk away. to let go ...
    This may not be an easy relationship, if you continue together .. This is a reminder that life will not always be easy together but you can choose to walk the path as one with balance ...

Hope this helps.. take care .. sometimes when a reading seems to be in conflict it can sometimes be because life has it's ups and downs and this can be a reminder to push through the challenges either through acceptance and to continue to fight for what you want or through acceptance to take a stand to move in a new direction. It is of value to you that is important.. What will make you truly happy ?

• That was insanely accurate and very helpful thank you so much! I had understood the meaning of each card, but trying to put it together in a way that made sense in their positions had me trying to find alternate meanings that maybe I hadn't considered. Plus, I think my emotional bias might have gotten in the way. Thank you again for being so helpful, thorough and objective!

• @IrieEden
    you are so welcome .. take care