Help interpreting career reading please

• Hi there!

I was hoping to get some help interpreting the following reading about my career. There is some uncertainty in my current work situation due to a restructure and I am aware management is considering changes which would affect my role. I may not lose my job but may need to take a step down. I am also seeking out other opportunities but have not been successful. I feel that I am at a cross roads and still trying to uncover my purpose and so where I’m looking for new opportunities are the wrong path.

I asked β€˜What is coming in my career in the next 4 weeks?’

Rider Waite deck.

Death - 7 Pentacles - 10 Pentacles (clarified by Chariot)

My read is:
    Change is coming and inevitable (Death) which will give me cause to reflect on whether all the hard work up until this point was worth it(7P). However 10P suggests a positive outcome in building on what I have achieved so far towards my goals. I just need to remain determined and focused on my goals - perhaps get clear on what they are to steer myself towards it (Chariot)

Any advice or thoughts you have to share on this draw would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

• Hey dear.. your interpretation looks spot on!
    Thats really what I feel too.
    However, may I elaborate - that Seven of Pentacles also suggests frustration due to not seeing results in the short-term. But reaffirms that you are on your path towards long-term goals. Even if you feel there has been a setback, it means you will be learning from your mistakes and look at what worked and what more needs to be added to your skills. It signifies you are making progress to the steady foundation (10P) even if there is a delay but this delay is good and much needed time for evaluation.

Chariot - Do not let your emotions get the better of you. If you can keep your head straight and not get pulled in different emotions (attached to unemployment) you will move in the direction of your triumph.
    Your cards are so apt for your situation and definitely positive. Good luck

• It's hard reading for yourself isn't it? I also use the Waite deck so I'll try to be of some help.

Under the seven of pentacles in the pictorial key Waite refers to a bible verse: Where a man's heart is, there his treasure will be also. I've heard it interpreted in a variety of ways, but I try to stick to the textbook that was published along with the Arthur Waite deck. So after studying what he wrote, which is always somewhat ambiguous, I've come to think of the seven of pentacles as "That which you treasure and toil over." Take care not to accept a position that will make you miserable, even if the money seems worth it at the time. Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

There's a familial element to the ten of pentacles as well. It's gain, and riches, but also family matters. The people closest to you are more of an asset than you realize, you might consider opening up to them and prodding for suggestions, ideas or just put the ball in their court and be receptive to whatever they say in response. You might be surprised at what they have to offer.

• @Transformative-Tarot said in Help interpreting career reading please:

It's hard reading for yourself isn't it? I also use the Waite deck so I'll try to be of some help.

Under the seven of pentacles in the pictorial key Waite refers to a bible verse: Where a man's heart is, there his treasure will be also. I've heard it interpreted in a variety of ways, but I try to stick to the textbook that was published along with the Arthur Waite deck. So after studying what he wrote, which is always somewhat ambiguous, I've come to think of the seven of pentacles as "That which you treasure and toil over." Take care not to accept a position that will make you miserable, even if the money seems worth it at the time. Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze.

There's a familial element to the ten of pentacles as well. It's gain, and riches, but also family matters. The people closest to you are more of an asset than you realize, you might consider opening up to them and prodding for suggestions, ideas or just put the ball in their court and be receptive to whatever they say in response. You might be surprised at what they have to offer.

@Transformative-Tarot - I really like your additional insight into the Seven of Pentacles. "Make sure the juice is worth the squeeze." - is a great advice. Also your interpretation of Ten of Pentacles will definitely help OP with options for job-hunting through family. These cards are one of the most positives that could be offered during job hunting πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚