New to Tarot & looking for advice

• Hello everyone,

I'm super excited to be starting my tarot journey but I feel a little overwhelmed. There are so many cards and with so many instructional books to choose from it's difficult figuring out where to begin! I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to best study them. And for all the masters out there, how long did it take you to learn all their meanings? Any suggestions on how to proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Stunning-Open-Winged-Flying-Celtic-Owl-Tattoo-Design.jpg

Thank you!

• Regarding books, I highly recommend WTF is Tarot? by Bakara Wintner, it's a more modern approach to reading the cards.
    Joan Bunnings 'Learn Tarot' is a great learning resource too, you could invest in the book, however she has uploaded the entire thing (FOR FREE) on the Web. It's a complete beginners course and very insightful.
    As for learning all the meanings..........welcome to a life long learning process.
    Practice is the best way to learn.

• @55Degrees said in New to Tarot & looking for advice:

Regarding books, I highly recommend WTF is Tarot? by Bakara Wintner, it's a more modern approach to reading the cards.
    Joan Bunnings 'Learn Tarot' is a great learning resource too, you could invest in the book, however she has uploaded the entire thing (FOR FREE) on the Web. It's a complete beginners course and very insightful.
    As for learning all the meanings..........welcome to a life long learning process.
    Practice is the best way to learn.

That should read Joan Bunning (silly autocorrect )

• @55Degrees Okay. Thank you so much for the advice! I'll definitely look into it. 😊 And you have a good point; like with anything new, it just takes time learning. Concerning patience, this will be great practice.

Stunning-Open-Winged-Flying-Celtic-Owl-Tattoo-Design.jpg