Blmoon - Paris lockdown

• @Blmoon
    Hello Blmoon, I am starting a new thread in case you could not find you way on the old one, it had got very long.
    So happy you are back, I had despaired of ever hearing from you again... I could not get on to the forum for a while either but that was fairly recently, I contacted them and they told me they were having technical problems and working on it. How have you been? It's been such a long time... I hope you have recovered from your shoulder condition. I have been very unwell since last Autumn but nothing sinister, thank God!

France is on lockdown since the weekend, we are confined at home with COVID-19. Everything is closed apart from food shops and chemists. We can only go out to buy food or medicine and we need to fill in a form we download from the Government website specifying the reason in case we are asked by the police. If you are out and don't have the form you get a fine. I am so grateful to live in an area where people are educated and well behaved, they respect the distances on shop queues and although we are all afraid, people are kind and courteous. My son is working from home, we have a good stock of food and essential supplies and there is nothing else to do but pray. I am so grateful for my wonderful son, he is calm and good humoured in an intelligent way. For most peopled being confined in such a small apartment is hell, it is no problem for us, talk a lot about politics and other things and we watch films and do what we need to do, never an argument, never an angry word. The situation is terrifying, the number of people infected grows at a horrific rate and there are more and more dead every day. The city is deserted, it's unreal, not a sound apart from the church bells which as you know I like so much, and the birds.
    As I told you on a previous post you might nit have seen, Jean died of her terrible illness. Her husband with her children and grandchildren should have been here right now. I told him how bad the situation was getting but they still planned to come until your president banned flights from Europe. Thank :god for that they would have found d themselves here in the lockdown unable to do anything or to go back... they wanted to scatter sole of Jean's ashes in favourite places of hers.
    Well dear Blmoon, it is hard to keep one's spirits up. I also worry about my sister, Spain has been hit even harder. This is not as originally thought that the virus would only kill the old and sick, there was an official announcement yesterday that 50% of the people who died so far are under 60.
    I look forward to hearing your news and hope you and your family are well and safe.
    HUGS
    Radiant Sun

• @Radiantsun
    Sorry to hear about Jean. I suspected her time was limited and actually she outlived her prognoses. I am hearing that she was ready and at peace and some unsettled things between her and her husband did get "spoken". She had a very giving nurturing personality and feels the joy of freedom to play Angel. She says she is aware that any restraints on earth were self imposed and yet "no regrets". Regrets are an earthly burden she says. We are now just going through stages of lock down. Trump took his time. Kind of ironic....his need to control and call white black and make up his own truth. No white washing this! And here we are campaign season for the election in November! His main boast has been our economy and our economy is taking a nose dive. I believe he has the virus but is lying about it. He hosted people at his Florida home and they all tested positive. My oldest son surprised me last week with a visit. I had all my sons at one time! It was so wonderful. Our schools are closed. I had a poetry event canceled for next month because no gathering more than 50 people was put out last week. Now it is 10. The craziest thing here is hoarding toilet paper!!! Americans can be nuts! We have the best of humankind but also we have some wild west crazy out this way. I have been adding Elderberry syrup to my tea for weeks now.Still battling the shoulder bursitis but using the CBD oil for pain. I'm not ready to consider surgery yet. This new grandson of mine has really brought my family together! I don't see him often but it's a joy. Slowly, more stores and places are shutting down. Disney is closed...which never happens! I feel safe but worry about my husband. He is not in good health. But, when it is your time it is your time. He rarely leaves his room anyway! Anyway, I thought of you often! HUGS!

• I am sorry your husband is unwell, it must put great strain on you. So glad your son came to visit and that you have been seeing more of all your sons, and that your new grandson is such a joy to you. All to be enjoyed and valued. Sad that your shoulder is still painful, pain can be so crippling. I have seen the craze about toilet rolls in the US and the UK but nobody I know seems to understand where that comes from. There is nothing like that here. Actually, people are not really panic buying, I wonder if at some point we will have a shortage of everything and regret not having panicked lol
    Hugs

• @Blmoon
    Happy Birthday Blmoon!
    I hope you will drop by today and see this. I have been thinking of you and hope you are well. My very best wishes for a very Happy Birthday.
    Hope to hear from you soon, I miss our chats.
    Much love.

BB8021E4-0EF1-4C22-BE24-E5C2D117DD53.jpeg

• @Radiantsun
    How perfectly beautiful! Haven't been able to get on again till tonight. Thank you for the picture. I was having a moment. These are crazy times! ART is so healing. A reminder of Humanity, it really exists!.
    double hugs!