Where's the happy corner please!

• Hi there!

I desperately need to inject some happiness and contentment into my home. I keep moving, have moved 11 times in the last 16 years. Since we moved out here,(we've only been here 7 months now, our last place only a year). I'm finding it's been nothing but hassle, trouble and strife. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the big Dutch windows and the feeling like I'm living in a goldfish bowl. We've had hassle with telephone, internet, heating, family - everything out here to be honest. It's just gone downhill and it's all felt like a big struggle. People haven't even been friendly, thankfully that's changed since a whole load of new people have arrived. I'd always considered myself an easy going, easy to talk to type of person. I've lost my zest (my husband too) and need to set myself and family on the happy and contented path. I'm thinking we need a dog too. We need to move forward in this place and I'm hoping someone can help!! Thanking you lots in anticipation!

• Does nobody have any idea where the happy corner is in Feng Shui? I was hoping for some response, but hey ho!!! Obviously there isn't one!!!

• Hi,

I am new here & fairly new to feng shu also, but made this id just to send you a reply hoping I can help you. If you dont like the dutch windows, I suggest you put curtains on them. Or you can place some plants in front of them or hang a crystal above them.Go google & search Bagua it will show you which is which corner in your house & how to make adjustments to help you. Getting a dog is a good idea but if you are sure you can take care of the dog, you need to be a dog lover. I read somewhere dogs run the whole house which is good coz they always let the Chi be fresh. The stagnant & negative chi doesnt stay long coz even t hough we may not be going in a room everyday in our house dogs do creating a positive environment. You do need to work on your helpful corner, from what i understand of your question and you health & family corner. Let me know if this helped.

• Hello Rchi, how kind of you to drop by and leave me a message. We do have curtains on our windows and I have placed some plants in front of them. I have to say that I am now a lot happier these days here in the Netherlands, it does take time to settle. Although, I shall go and search Bagua, sounds interesting. We have a dog just now, we're dog sitting for some friends, it's been lovely. I had no idea that dogs run the whole house and that they always let the Chi be fresh. Wow, that does make sense as they do create a positive environment. Thank you so much, you've given me much insight and I shall be off now to check out the site you mentioned. Take care Rchi and I hope you have a lovely Easter with your family and friends. 😄

• Hi intrigued,

Sorry I didnt mean dogs run the house, I meant they run in the house...they like to go in each room just play around. I am glad that I was able to help you. Do search for Bagua Map it should help you alot. Happy easter to you & your family too.

• Rchi, sorry I typed it badly, I knew exactly what you were saying! I have searched for the Bagua Map and it was great, and really interesting. Thank you also for the Happy Easter messages to me and my family, I wish the same for you. I hope you ate lots of chocolate. I did, I gave it up for Lent and then in the last few days I've eaten far too much!! Wishing lots of happy thoughts and days. 😄

• This post is deleted!

• Hi Intrigued !

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. You have brightened many people's day with your readings and I wanted to return the favor by attempting to find something for you. Another person has posted about the map so …. I found a web site from a master fen shui consultant and here are her tips:

1.) Open all doors, windows, cabinets and closets. Starting at the front door walk clockwise (if you can) and circle each room ( clockwise) ringing a bell. Be sure to ring in each corner and in every open door, closet or cabinet as you proceed.

2.) Sprinkle salt into room corners. Later be sure to sweep up all salt and dispose of in an outside trash area.

3.) If the energy is Extremely negative --- Sprinkle rice around the homes perimeter. Begin at the front door, walking in the same clockwise pattern, until you are back at the front door. This will draw Any negative energies out and away from your apartment. ( it will also draw the attention of your neighbors --- lol ! Give a cheery wave! : )

4.) Scents. ( Many people recommend a smudge stick --- they make me cough!) This person suggest incense or herbs: lavender for transcending problems, eucalyptus for healing, or essential oils to introduce beneficial energies.

5.) Light & Sound ---- wind chimes, crystals, or just turning on lights for a bit.

She writes after doing all 5 steps above to close up open windows, doors cabinets ect. and then take a salt bath yourself. Just in case negative energies are following you home from work or your neighborhood.

I think it is wonderful that you were aware enough to catch this. I love your can-do attitude! Its great to read of someone fixing what they Can fix, not focused on and blaming others, you know? Your positive attitude will definitely clear the air!

Blessings to you and your family, Intrigued!

~ Laie

• Sorry, intrigued ---- just noticed the original posting date!

Hope all is still well for you! Maybe save the above for future reference.

Laie

• Hi Laie4 and MystoBlueStars - It was so lovely to see more answers to my original thread and I thank you both kindly for your suggestions. Sadly, we can't paint the rooms, but they are already a light colour - magnolia! We have tried to make it homely with lots of pictures and we've picked up some lovely bits and bobs on our travels. I did read about having a family photo corner. I was really touched that you two came back to me on this one. Thank you Laie4 for your kind words also. I was blown away by your advice, I shall take it all on board. Thank you I really enjoyed reading your posts and how nice to think that I have a can-do attitude Laie4! I love to read your posts. Blessings and happy thoughts to both Laie4 and MystoBlueStars, I really do appreciate the time you both took to help me. Blessings to your families also! You both made me smile 😄

• This post is deleted!