Assistance Please...Court cards...Same suit....Progression or Family?

• Hello,
    I am new to this forum, but very much relieved 😌 to find a forum that does NOT seem as intimidating as some that I have found. I am here to ask some simple questions, regarding a read, I have recently done- for a fellow reader and friend.
    I, like many others struggle with general readings. Mostly a knowledge based, confidence thing, which I am working on. However, with the most recent general reading I have done. (Recent being this a.m.) I am struggling with the interpretation of the first three cards I drew. In an unstructured reading. With "generals" I tend to lean way more towards the unstructured spread. More towards allowing my channels to guide me, as far as number of "messages"/cards and layout. Today's reading brought forth one gnawing question, that has haunted me all day. Which inspired me to consult my community vs. go it alone.
    The layout ended up being simple. 4 rows of 3 cards, with a bottom of the deck, card.
    Top row threw me for a loop immediately, which translated in to some confusion for the rest of the interpretation.
    The first three cards, top row, were three court cards, in a progression. The Page of cups, the Queen of cups and the King of cups. (oddly at the end of the reading when I was thanking my deck, and my guides/spirit, doing a quick shuffle to clear the energy of the reading, the Knight of cups showed itself quite obviously.)
    I sat and stared at the top row for at least 15 minutes. Going back and forth with some concepts. I finally broke, and hit the oracle we know as Google. Much to my shock, there really was NOT much information on drawing 3 same suit court cards. My initial intuitive response was "Family".... but then in reading some of the scant info on the internet about this line up, I found some info on power progression, and just progression in general. I am wondering if this represents "family" or a progression of growth, through experiences and immediate circumstance. Also, there were 6 court cards total, the most I have ever drawn, in a reading. I know there are many theories on numerous court cards, manifesting in a read... but I am still a little unsure of which theory or theories resonate with me the most. I am very aware, that readings are case to case... but there has got to be some sort of underlying, blanketed philosophy, attached to this phenomenon.
    I am extremely interested in any feedback, or opinions, from my fellow community members, on such things. Please help me navigate this bold "opening statement", and the plethora of court cards- total. In hopes that I learn some specifically, valuable interpretation skills, and provide and accurate interpretation for my querent.
    Thank you, ahead of time, for taking the time to read this post and respond.

K. 🔮

Addendum: The querent/friend who I did this reading for, was able to meet with me yesterday. I threw caution to the wind, and asked her if she would like to hash some of this out with me. The reason for this addendum, is just to post, that we most definitely interpreted the NUMBER of court cards.... It falls in to the lap of the common translation. Her immediate circumstances are riddled with TONS of other individuals, connected to the situation. NUMEROUS. Which made a hell of a lot of sense, when she mentioned specifics, regarding the whole "saga". So rest assured, that part of the reading is solidified. Still very interested in any opinions, or interpretations with the three court cards, same suit, in a progression. After meeting with the querent, I am most definitely, leaning even more towards this being a representation of FAMILY.
    Please do reply though, with any interpretations, that may not be the common or "go to" translation. I am always thirsty for different angles, I may not have perceived.

Thanks again.
    K.

• @littlewhitelightstarot said in Assistance Please...Court cards...Same suit....Progression or Family?:

The Page of cups, the Queen of cups and the King of cups

Hi Sorry took so long to reply... being doing some self healing but finally back online ....

There are many great books re Court Cards .. there is a new book by Ethony that is brilliant in exploring more info .....

and with Benebell Wen her book Holistic Tarot is awesome ....

anyway back to my own thoughts re court Cards in a reading ....
    always trust your first initial thought bring Cups - definitely an emotional connection so yes family .....

for example for me if I see a progression of pentacles in The Court Cards I would more likely say a business family in some way ....

Swords- it could be a family of conflict, one of intelligence, discussion, debate .....

and Wands could be a family of creative energies, example artists but can also be one that is sexual in nature.....

Now The Page of cups, the Queen of cups and the King of cups

It would definitely could possibly be a youth that seems out of sorts ... a Mother type caring soul and a masculine energy that is caring, kind, could be a bit of a dreamer on some level.....

The Knight of Cups could be a knight in shining armour, a young man that seems to romanticize things in some way ..... someone who brings news on some level. the choice is yours whether you receive it or not....

Also looking at these cards it could bring us to ask ourselves how emotional we feel at this time... are we letting our emotions flow naturally from excitement through to nurturing to a practical aspect within our journey ......

Which deck did you use? as the imagery can make a difference to the overall reading....