Advice of how to read tarot

• I am trying to better understand how to read tarot intuitively and linking cards, any advice?

• If you get a response I'd love to read it as well, I am new to reading tarot and have been struggling with both intuitive reading and linking cards. Good luck on this journey!

• @bluangel27

There are many ways to further your Tarot study....

there are some fantastic websites, books, and youtube videos that will assist your journey ...

Some fantastic books are by author Mary K Greer- 21 ways to read Tarot
    and Rachel Pollack 78 degrees of Wisdom

Also check out Mindful Tarot or Holistic Tarot ....

which tarot deck are you working with?

Some of the exercises begin with one card .... taking a breath and looking into the card, then write down or record exactly what you are seeing, colours, items, characters, actions, symbols etc and what they mean to you... also look at the card as though you have stepped into the imagery again taking note of what you see but also what you can smell, touch and feel.....

write down how the card makes you feel etc....

then look at two cards, then three, slowly building over time to ten cards....

Make sure you journal everything and take things slowly.... there is no quick way to learn tarot fully...

Begin with two-three keywords per card that make sense to you and overtime these will build remembering to keep it in context to the question....

Look at specific spreads starting from a yin/yang spread (two cards) .. past, present, future type spread... or look at the heart of the situation, the past events to get you there and advice to help you move forward... (three card spreads)

Look at this site for keywords and advice to what the cards could mean, look at different imagery of different decks and see the similarities and the differences between the decks of the same card.. begin with the Fool 0 what is he/ she doing... what colours stand out? what symbols seem important.....

There have been some past posts related to learning Tarot that may help ...

Take care, enjoy the journey

• @hekatesxing I use the Everyday Witch Tarot the most. It’s a rider Waite smith clone. I also have a Rider’s Waite Smith deck too. Have a hard time breaking away from the traditional meaning of the cards and applying it to the question of the specific reading. I have friends I can give readings to, to practice tarot, but I always kind of struggle.

• @bluangel27

If interested my Blog works through the cards looking at how to further your study with intuition of the tarot .... this does take time and keep up the practice ... in time you will find yourself developing your intuition...

I know the everyday witch tarot even though i do not have it.... take the fool card of that deck plus your RWS deck and look at the differences as well as the similarities... comparing decks will assist in your learning ....

• I really like to stress with beginners that we are storytelling creatures and that should be part of the process of reading intuitively. The read should not be just a collection of individual card meanings (off the shelf or intuitive) IMO. They're chapters of the same book.