Captain, could you please help?

• @hobbles76 will his ridiculous offer leave you in debt or trouble? If you can possibly manage it, cut the ties with him as soon as you can because he isn't going to let go himself.

• @thecaptain
    I have to claim bankruptcy either way. It’s just a matter of him also getting an extra vehicle that I paid for on my own in addition to his vehicle that I was paying for and he now is paying for. I was thinking after what you read that I am going to see if I can still take his ridiculous offer to just get this over with. I just want it all done and I don’t want that connection with him anymore.

• @hobbles76 yes he will only cling on until you cut the bungee cord.

• @thecaptain
    Thank you for your help Dear Captain! ❤❤❤

• @TheCaptain
    Dear Captain,
    I was wondering if you might be able to tell me how much longer he is going to take to sign the divorce papers. I am in the process of starting the bankruptcy papers now (even though the divorce is still not finalized) and I sent the final proposal over to his lawyer's office two weeks ago. I feel like my lawyer is still not doing their job. I now have a threat of a wage garnishment over me because of the debt that I have been waiting to take care of through this bankruptcy. Will this man ever realize that signing the papers are the best thing, or do you see us having to go to trial (after the bankruptcy finalizes because I was told that would put the divorce on hold)? I just want this over with. I am so tired of it all and I feel like my lawyer is dragging this out as much as he is. I almost sent him a text to ask him to just sign the papers because the vehicle he has will be part of the bankruptcy (and therefore will be repossessed) if he doesn't get it in the final divorce paperwork, but I am afraid that will make him take it as a threat and react the opposite and hold out even longer. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank you,
    Laci

• I really think your ex does not want to sign the divorce papers at all. This year is a non-starter as he is very scattered and only wants to think about having fun and happy things like a kid. But next year looks more promising as reality is going to hit him very hard and he will have to knuckle down to his responsibilities - or else the universe will find a way to make him and it won't be pleasant.

• @thecaptain
    So bankruptcy filing is my best bet to get anything done soon is what it sounds like. Ugh, I was really hoping to have this divorce finalized this year... I have been dealing with this since last December when we split. I hate to put the divorce on hold, but legally I guess I will have to so I can do the bankruptcy. Thank you Captain! I appreciate all of your advice and vision! Big hugs to you!