What is going on with my lawyers office?

• I am so frustrated and just want my divorce to be over with! I told my lawyer to let my ex have the house and I will take my debt and he take his and we leave each other alone. I did this on Monday, I finally talked to someone on Tuesday morning and was told that I would get a call back that afternoon. This is Thursday and I still have not received a call back! I feel like they are working against me as much as my ex! This is so frustrating! Can someone please do a reading for me to tell me what is going on with the lawyer? I really cannot afford to keep paying them!

• You do NOT wait for their call - you call them. You are paying them and you are the client. You should have all the entitlement here. Take back your power! Do not be put off or ignored!!!!

• @thecaptain
    Thank you. I called them multiple times and I have emailed. When I call I am told that the lawyer (or her assistant) are in meetings or busy... I almost feel like it would be better to just contact my ex directly and make the offer to him or his lawyer... do you think that would be better? I canโ€™t pay 2500 dollars again... they already have $5000+ from me ( and my mom helping me)...

• @hobbles76 is there some legal organization or ombudsman you can complain to about these lawyers - because they are not serving you well. How dare they not call you back!!! You are paying them and deserve their attention. I would not go it alone until you have made these useless people do their job for which you have paid them a lot of money.

• @thecaptain
    Thank you. I donโ€™t think there is really anyone I can report them to and the problem is that they already have so much of my money I canโ€™t afford to hire anyone else and they know it... I am calling them again today.

• @hobbles76
    The following might be helpful or useless
    I am sure that 1, 2 and 3 does not apply to you. ๐Ÿค— ๐Ÿคฃ
    http://stubbornwriter.com/2010/02/19/16/12/25/law/legal-profession/why-your-lawyer-wont-take-or-return-your-phone-calls-top-10-reasons/168
    good luckโ˜บ
    ๐Ÿ’‹ ๐Ÿ˜— ๐Ÿ˜ฝ ๐Ÿ˜˜ ๐Ÿ˜š ๐Ÿ˜™

• @jayann
    Thank you!

• @hobbles76 Get a statement showing what they have done, time breakdown and cost. Start putting on the pressure, show up there.

• @daliolite If you know what you want or how you want to settle, discuss this w/your lawyer WITHOUT BEING CHARGED. Anything amicable is better w/ex.

• @daliolite
    Thank you. This is what I have been emailing them about. I offered for him to take the house and I will release all interest in the house if he signs the papers and gives me the few things of mine that he still has, as well as be responsible for debt in his name and I will do the same. They finally made the offer, but I only was told this after multiple calls and emails. We are waiting on the response from his side. Thankfully the realtor went and did yard work on his own this weekend! I wish the lawyer was as kind, understanding and giving as the realtor!
    Iโ€™m praying that the exโ€™s side will accept the offer early next week as I have so much other stress to deal with, I just need this to be over with! I start back to work (as a teacher) on Monday... I really want this all over. Thank you for your time!

• @hobbles76
    to you
    from all of us
    0_1566102340557_685e3975-abc2-4972-8d4c-73cce895daa0-image.png

• @hobbles76 Make a list of everything that you want and the timeframe that you can get it. I suggest you go w/law enforcement, if that's possible. Is there a woman's shelter there that can help you as far as legal advice. These are good places for help of all sorts. Anyway, you need a detailed list of his debt, your debt and what you want. Releasing your interest in the house is ok. Do you think he'll continue there. I don't know what he's asking for but I remember the in-laws where manipulators. Your offer sounds reasonable. Good luck to you.

• Don't give in to anything you don't want just to have it finished! This is a test of how you stand up for yourself.