Cancer men are confusing...as usual!

• It seems like the topic of cancer men are always on the discussion board! They really seem to confuse ppl lol.

Anyway, my story...I've been into this Cancer guy for a while now...We met over last summer and we both seemed to really fall for each other quickly. Great chemistry, conversation, etc. There were sooo many indications that we would end up making things official, despite the fact that I go to school (undergrad) out of the city. Long story short, things came up with an ex of his who wants him back and that I think he's not completely over her because problems with her seemed to slow us down. They have a child together (not to mention they were together for several yrs) so I know that this further complicates EVERYTHING, but whenever I asked him about her (she confronted me, btw, and accused me of trying to intrude) he maintains the same story that she wants him but that they aren't together. He's also said that she's basically has the mentality that "If I can't have him, no one can" and tries to interject in his relationships. In all honesty, I believe that he's not been completely honest with both of us because things aren't adding up. For a while there was some when we weren't speaking because I simply didn't know what to do or what to beliebe. Whenever I tried to bring these issues up with him (in person, because I like face to face discussions), he seemed to avoid seeing me all together, so I'm thinking, Ok, maybe he's not into me anymore Then--all of a sudden--we'd be talking again and he'd be acting the same way he was when we initially met. I'm sorry if there seem to be so many holes in this story, but a lot has gone on and this is the gist of it...So I guess what am I asking is, aren't Cancers supposed to be all about trust? Supposedly his ex cheated on him and that's why they initially broke up, so why (aside from the fact that they have a kid) would he backtrack with her? Is this because when they love, they love hard? And why can't he just be direct and let me know if he's not into me that way anymore? I've asked him several times to just be upfront and we can end on good terms but he always avoids the question and I don't want to freak him out and make him crawl back into his shell, so to speak. I know there are many missing details because it would take too long to explain on here, but I'm basically wondering what any of you experts/experienced members think about this?

Btw, I'm a Virgo woman hehe :).

• I have asked my cancer man on many occasions to be upfront and let me know where i stand. One minuet he's like I'm not ready for a relationship an when i say fine we will just be friends he backracks an starts telling me how much he misses me an cant wait to see me. Either way I am no wiser, 7 months down the line i just put it down to mood swings cos he always comes back.

• I liked a leo-cancer cusp. Never again. It seems that leos born in July have a lot of cancer tendencies. How does this affect how they interact in relationships?

• Cancer in a Nutshell:

Cancer is a mysterious sign, filled with contradictions. They want security and comfort yet seek new adventure. They are very helpful to others yet sometimes can be cranky and indifferent. Cancer has a driving, forceful personality that can be easily hidden beneath a calm, and cool exterior. The crab is Cancer's ruling animal and it suits them well, they can come out of their shell and fight but they can also hide in their shell of skitter away back into the depths of the ocean. They are very unpredictable. With cancer, there is always something more that meets the eye, for they are always partially hidden behind the shell. They are a have a deep psyche and intuitive mind that is hidden from the world. Cancer is deeply sensitive and easily hurt, this might be why they have their defense shell in place, to avoids being hurt by others. They are nurturers so they surround themselves with people, whom after a while can offend or hurt a cancer without even knowing they did so, therefore Cancer's protective shell keeps them safe from hurt. They are complex, fragile, unpredictable and temperamental and need constant support and encouragement, more then any other astrology signs, Cancer needs to be needed. When cancer gets the support it needs, it has a tremendous amount to offer in return. When cancer gets offended, they tend to sulk instead of confronting the persons face to face. This needlessly prolongs the pain and suffering. Cancer is very possessive, not just with material possessions but with people as well. Cancer will always want to stay in touch with old friends and anyone who has ever been close to them, because it is easier to maintain a friendship then attempt to learn to trust a new person. It is easier this way for them emotionally. If you befriend a Cancer, you will stay friends for a long time. Cancer makes the perfect mother, this is the sign that represents motherhood. They have unconditional love and caring more so then any other astrology sign. Cancer are very intuitive. Most of the psychics of the world are Cancer astrology signs. They have an excellent memory and are very observant and can read people very well. They can usually tell of other people's intentions are good or not. Never dupe a Cancer, they can see your motives. Cancer has a lot of emotional issues to deal with but once they overcome this large hump of shyness and insecurity, there is practically nothing they can't do. With their strong intuition, sensitivity, powers of observation and intelligence, they will have great success in anything they undertake.

heres alittle more info i hope it helps

What it's like to date a Cancer Man:

The Cancer man will not be direct with you. He will approach you cautiously and slowly. He will be very romantic and flirty and attempt to court you and win your heart with lavish gifts and attention. The reason he will never be direct with you is that he has a strong underlying fear of rejection. Of you are interested in a Cancer man, you will probably have to make the first move and ask him on a date. He falls in love easily and will make you his whole world. Once you "belong to him", he will hold on to you and can become quite jealous and possessive. This is because he is worried he will lose you to another man and that would crush his spirit. He needs you to be loyal and faithful for he is the same, in a strong and close relationship, Cancer men are the most loyal of the astrology signs. They make excellent lovers for the tender woman who loves romance and being swept off her feet. Cancer is very affectionate and thrives on holding hands all the time, and constant physical contact as he absorbs the situation and experiences with his feelings. The cancer man is all about feeling. He might not show it however and might portray a calm and cool exterior but underneath, he feels deeply and intensely. Cancer men are easily offended so do not jokingly make fun of them for they will take offense and get hurt, but once again, this will not be known to you. He will simply sulk on his own while he tries to figure out and dissect what you said. Cancer men are excellent male protectors, they are like the knight in shining armor. If you are the kind of woman that likes being looked after and cared for, and loves affection and devotion, this romantic, sensual man is perfect for you.

How To Attract Cancer:

You must be direct, Cancer will not. Let your feelings for them be known, this is the first step to initiating a relationship with a Cancer. This way, will not have to risk rejection, one of their biggest fears. If you are looking for a short fling, be straight with them. Do not lead them on to thinking there is long term commitment is there is none because you will hurt these emotionally delicate people. Trust is the most important. Build trust with them and they will gradually get closer to you. Give them approval and compliments but be careful because they will easily sense when you are complimenting them just for the sake of it. Be sincere. Ask Cancer for advice, share your problems (but don't burden them), they enjoy helping people and giving advice. They like culture and lavish experiences. Take them to a play or museum and a fancy, upscale restaurant. Do not force Cancer into a relationship or make them make a decision on the spot. They will shy away from you. Have patience, this is the key to attracting a Cancer. Be physical with them, they love genuine affection. They are very cautious and as time passes, they will slowly grow closer to you and you will have wonderful, fulfilling relationship.

Cancer Erogenous Zone:

The greatest erogenous zone for Cancer is the chest and the breasts. Both women and men respond well to light sucking and kissing of the nipples. You must caress these areas delicately and softly. Never be rough. Stroke your fingers through Cancer man's chest hair, lightly and gently this will ignite the firey passion hidden behind the shell

Sex With Cancer:

Cancer is very physical. Expect sex with Cancer to be a fully encompassing sexual experience. Lots of tender foreplay, massages afterwards, candles lit by the bedside, soft music in the background, delicious scented potpourri, everything to appeal to all senses. It will be delicate and passionate and an experience you won't soon forget. To not expect too much novelty and experimentation because Cancer is a very conservative sign. Some Cancer people might be willing to try something new but they will never be the ones to suggest it, you have to or it will never happen. They might go along with your idea because they do enjoy new experiences. Make them always feel safe and secure when trying anything new and they might love it and incorporate it into your regular sex life.

• uh sorry about the last 2 paragraghs didnt see that

• @Vera18 haha, its ok about the last two paragraphs, knowing that clearly can't hurt :P...anyway, i enjoyed reading over all of that though...it confirms a lot of what ppl have shared with me about cancer men on this forum and only helps to deepen my understanding of them (though i still think they're confusing...hehe). thanks for responding!