the devil and death together

• Anyone want to throw out some interpretations on these two cards together. They were drawn together for a period of a month.

• The Devil stands for subconscious impulses and libidinal desires (Freud's id), so in conjunction with Death this may mean personal transformation (ending a former cycle of your life or identity to make room for a new one) through sexual expression.

• @andidilly

Think about the Death card speaking of Things ending bringing Transformations, changes to a situation ...
    and The Devil as being addictions, bad habits, repeated patterns, being chained to someone or something .. to a situation, an issue on some level ..
    So this combination could mean about bringing an end to old habits, repeated patterns, making some changes to some things that keep you chained to the past ...

Also depends on the deck , the cards, the imagery can give us extra clues to the situation ...

• @hekatesxing I hope your interpretation is more along the lines of what this means. I don't know what deck it is, similar to ryder waite. It looks pretty intimidating to see them come up together. I know I can handle what comes, but I was sort of hoping the rest of the year would be quiet and somewhat uneventful. ha! The month after these two cards, I got two more major arcana cards, temperance and justice. and for Dec, high priestess came up with a minor. Lots of major cards. I mean when I look at it all, its like Whoa! Looks like I will be getting sued or something and be a hot mess. And maybe in December I don't have to hang out with anyone or go to any Christmas parties because I'm on an island, lol. Do major cards always have to point to truly big events?

• @andidilly

Tarot can be very symbolic in its meanings and no they do not always have to be truly big events . They can be subtle events also , it does not make the situation less valid , less important to your journey though....

Temperance and Justice ...
    Temperance can speak of moderation in some aspect can bring transformation
    Justice speaks of Balance, truth, legalities ....
    so this combination can remind us to make sure we act with moderation, not in excess allowing us to move through with some changes bringing a sense of balance as we may move through some legal issues at that time.... Legal issues could relate to anything that may include a contract, lawyers , needing to see the truth and knowing actions have consequences. (Not necessarily being sued ...)

High Priestess can speak of discovering inner secrets ... could be personal or something more Spiritual, or could come from Ancient Knowledge ...
    (The minor card may give more info about this Hidden Knowledge...)

Things do not always have to be messy when you have alot of Major Arcana in a reading and certainly do not have to be Huge Major events ...

• @hekatesxing, thanks for your response and information. Is tarot a useful guide to make adjustments one needs to make? So for instance, when I see these cards come up, the first thing I ask myself is, ok- what changes/adjustments do I need to make in my life, or what do I need to be on the lookout for, is it related to business or personal life? Where am I lacking moderation or balance in my life. (maybe its all aspects? and thats why a major popped up?)
    I guess I am trying to figure out how a person determines what the cards are pointing to, but maybe they aren't that specific? The 2 of cups was with the HP, so maybe knowledge regarding a partner? Knowledge of what I truly want in a romantic relationship? ( was really hoping I would be on an island for December 😂 )

• @andidilly
    You are welcome. Yes tarot is very useful as a guide so one can make adjustments in one's own life.
    Yes re why the Major cards was in the layout.

yes it is important to reflect on what combination of cards could mean at the time. looking at what the cards mean as individuals then merging the meanings together.

• This post is deleted!