In Search of a Truth

• Hi All,

I would appreciate some insight on something that I think about from time to time. My grandfather passed away when I was about 11 months old. He died as a result to injuries inflicted upon him as he made his way home from a bar on New Year's Eve. He was attacked severely. From what I understand he was in the hospital for some months before he passed.

I am not really clear on the circumstances of what happened and that part of my family history is shrouded in mystery. My Mom loved him and I don't want to upset her. I have been debating about requesting his file from the police department if that is allowable or seeing if they would look into it as a cold case but there is deeply some part of me that thinks I may not like what I find out.

But it has been nagging me. I guess I wondering if I looked would I actually find the truth and would I want to share it with my family.

Thanks,

CoffeeGem

• Hey there,

Umm i'm rather new 2 all of this and am not too sure about the accuracy but i'm more than willing to try.

Ur grandfather.. was he a plump man with short white hair, had a youthful zest and friendly persona and smile?

I'm sorry to say this but i think he was attacked by two males perhaps in their 20's to 30's age range.. one of the men has something prominent about his mouth.. a yellow tooth that sticks out like a sore thumb or perhaps a gold plated or missing tooth.. i think your grandfather had been stabbed several times in the abdominal area and may have had an injured face.. he was left there still alive as the two men fled.. burglary seems to be the obvious motive but i cant really say as these two men looked rather ready to victimise someone that night..

I'm awfully sorry if any of this causes you grief and for the accuracy.. but your best shot at knowing what happened would have to be finding out for yourself.. You seem to me to be very strong willed and you need to listen to your intuition as that will guide you through this. Good luck on your journey.

Inayah.

• Hey Coffeegem. I can only imagine this must be a tough decision. If this has been something that you have had on your mind for awhile, maybe it is time to know. You can give yourself a bit of closure. I would say try and find some newspaper articles from the time it happened if you have access to newspaper archives and some dates. Try and deal with it on a press level first and then if you want more, go for the police file. If you really are just looking from some closure you could just talk to your mom too. I know you don't want to hurt her but it may relieve a bit of pain for her to talk about it? How long has it been since you have? If she doesn't want to, don't push it, but she may be ready to open up to you and maybe that is why it has been on your mind lately. At either rate, trust your intuition. Your gut is telling you this for a reason so just with it at a pace you can tolerate.

With love,

Universal Harmony

• This post is deleted!

• CoffeeGem I think if you want a more accurate report I would seek the police report. I am telling you from experience that the newspapers make a lot of mistakes in reporting there version. Take it with a grain of salt.

• Hi CoffeeGem,

When I read your post earlier I got the sense that your grandfather was beat with a bat. Since you say that this is the case I'll give you what else I got. I do think that you should look into the records though as it's the only way to know for sure what happened.

I feel like there were more than a couple young guys involved in this. I get a sense that this was not just for robbery but held some sort of entertainment value for them. This is just so sick. I didn't get the lye, how horrible. The name Leonard popped into my head.

Good Luck in your search. This is such a tragic way to lose a grandfather.

• Afterward the name Bill popped into my head. Not sure if this has anything to do with you, but thought I'd throw it out there.

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• It sure sounds like it. Maybe you'll learn what happened in a dream.

• What you anyhow should do, is to pray to God about your grandfather. Pray about the insident, that you and everybody concerned will be healed from the mistake that these men did to him. Pray for the ones who did it, aswell, as it might help the whole incident to be healed aswell.