Tower Moment

• I've been feeling so happy and confident these past few days for no apparent reason. Everything seems so light and easy and chill. I've started to look forward into my future with high hopes, but keeping in mind the possible struggles I might encounter what I believe will be a great foundation of my personality.

Then this moment happened.

Someone who has a great impact in my life and whom I look up to left work today to pursue personal goals overseas. He is a great role model.

It's kind of a bittersweet feeling. I am so sad that we will no longer be able to see each other again.

Part of me thinks the reason may be his girlfriend asked him to do this. Not sure how long this will last. Or if he made the right decision.

Now I know what a tower moment feels like. I hope this feeling goes away soon.

• Why should your confidence and sense of self be shaken by one person leaving your life? That sounds like your inner happiness is predicated on other people, and not on you yourself and your achievements.

• @thecaptain you're right! I just realized that I really didn't care that much. Maybe what I feel was a spur of the moment thing.