Need Your Insight on this I-Ching!

• I asked the I-Ching whether a man I know is interested in me. He has very nice eyes. He hasn't shown interest per say, but I see something in the eyes. Anyway, the reading I received was "Returning." It explained that it's like a bear coming out of hibernation to the light. Also, I need rest to reserve my energy, so to speak. It had a lot to do with rest.

I am very interested in your input into this. What it might mean.

• I just asked about my financial situation and received pretty much the same answer!!! I had the picture of the bear and alot about rest! My question wasn't answered so I got the detailed reading and again no answer to my question! I could not find a link to send a question as to my dissapointment on this especially after using 30 of my karma coins.

Shawn

• Shawn-

I'm sorry that you were unhappy with your I-Ching reading. The divination tools can rarely be assumed to answer your questions with a direct, literal response ... in I-Ching, for instance, there are 64 "hexagrams," or initial responses, each of which can have several alternate possibilities if there are changing lines (as was the case with your reading).

Our program does not personalize your response to the specific question, as we feel that that would separate you (the user of the I-Ching) from the authentic experience of the reading. However, I encourage you to build those connections for yourself. The Returning hexagram, for instance, may apply to both Dalia's relationship question and your financial question ... the answer is not something simple like "Break it off" or "Invest in stocks," but rather is a nudge to your subconscious using imagery and and ideas.

In the end, it is up to you what to do with your situation, the I-Ching can simply guide you there.

For suggestions on how to word questions to the I-Ching in a way that, hopefully, will not disappoint, check out our I-Ching FAQ: http://www.tarot.com/about-oracle/question

Finally, we welcome feedback on all of our readings. You can send such feedback to feedback@tarot.com.

Thanks!

• i AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE INSIGHT I HAVE RECIEVED, I HAVE ASKED NUMEROUS QUESTIONS AND IT ALWAYS COMES BCK TO MY BUSINESS AND CONSISTENTLY REMINDS ME THAT I MUST SEE THROUGH WHAT I STARTED TO GAIN SUCCESS, I NEVER GET TIMMEDIATE ANSWERS, BUT AFTER REVIEWING, I FINALLY GOT THE MESSAGE THAT I MUST STOP LOOKING PAST WHAT I HAVE, AND CONTINUE WITH FAITH AND CONSISTENCY. NOW MAYBE AFTER RECIEVING THE MESSAGE I WILL BE GUIDED TO OTHER DIRECTIONS

THANKYOU FOR THIS GREAT OPPORTUNITY TO RECIEVE SUCH DIRECT GUIDANCE

• i am new to this forum, but not new to i ching. just as important as an answer, is knowing how to interpret the answer. how does i ching speak to you? very often i will get a direct answer to a question, but almost as often, i will get an answer that i must interpret. most often this happens when there is a situation that needs my attention. for me, the answer will describe the situation and then changing lines, if there are any, will describe the correct response to that situation. let me make an example: let's say you are inquiring about a promotion at work. this seems to be the most important thing on your mind at the time. the answer you receive makes no sense at all.......until suppertime, when you receive a phone call that your father has suffered a heart attack. you must drop everything, including your attatchment to the promotion, and travel to be with your father. when you have an opportunity to clear your thoughts, the true meaning of the i ching reading will become obvious. this is why i say, you must learn how to interpret your answers. i'm afraid this takes some time. let's say you are remodeling your kitchen and can't decide which appliances to go with or which color to paint. the i ching will not instruct you to buy whirlpool, amana or g.e. but it will give you an answer that requires some interpretation.

• I've used the I Ching for many years and I love it. The way to ask your question is along the lines of: What will happen if I do X? After studying your response to that, you can as the opposite question: What will be the outcome if I don't do X? When you have more than 1 changing line, then then the highest number carries more weight than the other changing lines. Example: changing lines are 2 & 5. Line 5 carries more weight regarding your question. When you use your changing lines to progress to the follow up hexagram, that hexagram will tell you what will happen if you follow the advice of the 1st hexagram.

I hope this helps for anyone who is asking Yes/No type quetions, or looking for more direct answers to their questions. Also, there is a great book for interpreting your hexagrams (in my humble opinion) and it gives a good history of the I Ching. I can't remember for sure, but this might be the book that taught me how to phrase my questions. It's "The I Ching Workbook" by R. L. Wing.

• Hi, All this info is useful. Based on this reading I would have to say that this I-Ching was geared towards my best interest. The truth of the matter is that I do indeed need more rest. I am an early morning and late nite person. Also, the symbolism regarding the person that I was questioning is pretty accurate. I understand the meaning now, although at the time I didn't.

• Hey There Kathy S13,

I just wanted to second your point about the nature of the question, it's form if you will being as important as the interpretation. A confused question will often result in a confused answer.

I can say that of all the occult books I have used, The "I Ching Workbook" by R. L. Wing pub. Doubleday has really been a life save, and I mean just that, and a good friend that doesn't flinch when an unwelcome truth about a behavior or situation needs to be told. I look upon the "Wing Ching" as it is affectionately nick named as an old and valued friend. I started consulting it, when I met crisis face to face in 1981...a gift from a young woman who told me how much insight it had helped her gain...I have kept all my queries and resulting hexagrams. Even used graph paper to chart the from hexagrams to the changed ones. The way my question hexagrams cluster with the changing is to me, most fascinating. Mr Wing also wrote another book "The Tao of Power" which I haven't gotten into nearly as deep. But, when I need it, it is there to help me simplify. Being relatively new to this medium I was somewhat doubtful about I Ching readings via internet and the readings result or my interpretation was, it all depends on the seeker, how is the question asked, what it your state of mind, etc. I find the method that evolved through me when I do a session to be really more of a thirty minute meditation and the method I use (three coins, etc) more of my way of honoring the Tradition, a personal choice that just feels good to me and nothing more. Thanks for letting me blather on and thanks for giving "The Wing Ching" some much needed attention.

Thank You.

Bob

• This post is deleted!