Test: What sort of first impression do you give?

• What first impression do you give or make?

Have you ever met someone and, within the first minute of talking to them, you come up with a scenario in your head about who they are? Studies have found that, within seconds of meeting someone, they pretty much size you up and make assumptions about your entire life. Of course, you can alter their perception somewhat, but it might not be natural!

Let’s see how you react to a bunch of daily scenarios and the result will calculate what people think about you. Just bear in mind that all that really matters is what you think about you! And that will define people's perceptions of you too.

Question 1: when you meet new people, you
    a) enter into and keep a casual conversation going
    b) listen, but don't say much
    c) ask several probing questions to get to know the other person/people better
    d) talk a lot, mostly about yourself
    e) just get to the point ... if there is a point.

Question 2: on a normal non-working day, you're likely to wear
    a) head-to-toe black
    b) bright colors or patterns
    c) neutral or subdued colors

Question 3: what's your social media platform of choice?
    a) Facebook or Twitter
    b) Youtube
    c) Linkedln
    d) Instagram
    e) Snapchat
    f) Not into social media

Question 4: do strangers often come up and talk to you?
    a) sometimes
    b) yes, all the time
    c) never

Question 5: which compliment do you get the most?
    a) you're so funny!
    b) you're so sweet/nice!
    c) you're so cute!
    d) you're so smart!
    e) you're so unusual/original!
    f) I don't get compliments

Question 6: how do you greet friends?
    a) with a smile
    b) with a random comment
    c) ask them how they are and mean it
    d) hug them
    e) tell them they are five minutes late
    f) ask them if you are late

Question 7: how big is your vocabulary?
    a) it's big but it only comes out in writing
    b) average, I guess
    c) big! people often ask me to explain what I said

Question 8: how do you want people to see you?
    a) I don't care about other people's opinions of me
    b) as a nice person
    c) as a simple honest person
    d) as a happy person
    e) as a unique special person
    f) as a capable and driven person

Score: add up your points
    Question 1 -
    a) 4
    b) 1
    c) 5
    d) 6
    e) 3

Question 2 -
    a) 1
    b) 6
    c) 3

Question 3 -
    a) 5
    b) 2
    c) 3
    d) 4
    e) 6
    f) 1

Question 4 -
    a) 3
    b) 6
    c) 1

Question 5 -
    a) 5
    b) 2
    c) 4
    d) 3
    e) 6
    f) 1

Question 6 -
    a) 1
    b) 2
    c) 4
    d) 5
    e) 3
    f) 6

Question 7 -
    a) 1
    b) 4
    c) 6

Question 8 -
    a) 1
    b) 4
    c) 2
    d) 5
    e) 6
    f) 3

Add up your final score and check the results -

8 - 14 points: other people see you as mysterious. You don't let strangers know you or get too close. People cannot read you until they deeply understand you. You intrigue others and leave them wanting to know more - or else feeling ignored or rejected by you. Try giving out a few more clues! Once people break through your hard exterior, they'll realize it was worth the effort.

15 - 21 points: other people see you as cautious. You can be quite reserved. Even though you might feel a bit uncomfortable meeting someone for the first time, you should try to stay calm. Your delicate manners are usually perceived straight away - they distinguish your sweet and lovely nature. It can be seen from your eyes and - maybe - from your blushing cheeks.

22 - 28 points: other people see you as trustworthy. Everything from your neat clean appearance to your composure indicates that you're more efficient and thoughtful than most. You are respectful and responsible. People see that and find it easy to trust you.

29 - 35 points: other people see you as casual. When you meet new people, the first thing they notice about you is your relaxed, laid-back nature. You don't fight to be the center of attention. You just enjoy being you and making everyone else feel at ease. You're the easy-going friend everyone loves to have around.

36 - 42 points: other people see you as warm. You care about others and you are in tune with your feelings. You don't hide them and those around see this. People like you straight away and you can build strong bonds with them. You will always be a winner at parties or on the job.

43 points and upward: other people see you as unconventional. You're original, creative, a true free spirit. You don't mind letting others see that you have 'different' ideas about life. Your opinions might not be shared by all, but people value that you approach life with a fresh perspective.

Remember this test is only a guide!

But equally, you never get a second chance to make a great first impression.

• 43 points.

• Blmoon, I knew you were just plain weird!!!

I am warm, meaning 'hot', I hope. 🙂

• This post is deleted!

• I was happy with a 25, you leave them with a smile after they meet you.

• This post is deleted!

• @tarotnick
    VERY you!

• @thecaptain
    I will take that as a compliment! I think you needed another point to make hot. Put a few more logs on that fire and HOWL!