The Journey of Finding a Relationship

• The journey to finding a relationship is just that, a journey that uses all of our life wisdom and experiences.

Before we embark upon the journey of finding the relationship that is right for us, we may want to take the opportunity to refine our concept of who we are and our ideas of what we want from life. That way, we are clearer on the kind of person we want to attract into our lives. Part of the journey of finding a mate is learning how to become our own mate. When we can learn to meet our needs without relying on someone else to complete us, we don't have to form relationships from the space of needing our emptiness to be filled. We can also discover our intrinsic value, separate from what someone else might be reflecting back to us. Getting to know who we are and learning to love ourselves creates a solid foundation of self that we can bring to any relationship.

We are fortunate to live in a time when relationships can unfold at a pace that is right for us and take unique forms. Friendship, dating, open relationships, long term relationships, long distance relationships, or committed relationships -- we are free to choose the kind of relationships that we want. If you want to be in relationship, but haven't found the right one for you, remember that the universe works in perfect order and, therefore, right now your life is unfolding exactly as it is meant to be. Maybe all this time has been part of your preparation period for meeting your intended partner. Even the relationships in our lives that haven't worked out as we had hoped serve us by teaching us to make better choices in our next relationships.

Finding the relationship we want can come early or later in life. It may even happen again and again in one lifetime. There is no right or wrong for how to find a relationship nor is there a timeline that you have to follow. Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, continue to become your own soul mate, and stay open to love. The journey of finding the right relationship begins with being in right relationship with yourself.

BY MADISYN TAYLOR

• @thecaptain

I absolutely love what has been written ...
    Thank you for sharing this ...

• Wise words. Those wise words were very available when I was younger and yet wisdom didn't manifest until much later in my journey! I would call my past full of mistakes but how else did I learn this wisdom? Came down to being alone with myself, even if you ARE in a relationship but still searching. Attractions and compulsions are part of our "pathology" our personalty and our SHADOW. We also accommodate a spiritual time table that brings people into our lives as an opportunity to heal and grow. Sometimes relationships are painful yet golden when we are open to the lesson. I get it when women come on here feeling totally possessed by feelings and emotions and literally addicted to a love interest. This person who both has the power to give them moments of bliss also has the power to inflict pain. They insist when apart the lover invades their dreams, their space and they can't escape. Unaware that their shadow side knows how empty they secretly are of SELF they are and that any love interest can not help but totally posses them. Complicated brain work to find yourself. You have to sit in your empty place and face your wounds and the consequences of wounds. What adults showed you about love as a child has everything to do with how you behave in the presence of love. Can love be trusted? If the message was no than you will not attract full commitments of vulnerability. Where you emotional abandoned? If yes than you will repeat that pain over and over until it no longer hides in your shadow and you will stop self sabotaging love because you expect abandonment So bottom line is yes our journey of getting it right and healing towards love is really more about US then others. Know yourself. We can not change who we are....we CAN manage our wounds. We cannot change abandonment but we can rise above ourselves take a good look and say, whoops my wound is showing and I'm about to do that THING I do that worked as a child but keeps me stuck now. THEN you can choose your actions. As a child you had little choice just survival skills. As an adult who knows themselves comes CHOICES. Relationships are good practice and yes everyone is both universally connected by spiritual passages but each of us has a very unique journey.