What Type of reader are you?

• Hi , Love getting to know other Readers .. This topic is for Readers to describe the type of Reader they are? Do not request readings in this section .. This thread is a safe place for readers to enjoy a general moment of discussion ...

I am a Tarot Reader that connects working with a range of abilities, depending what is needed for the Reading. I do work with a variety of Clairs and are open when working with tarot, oracle, lenormand, kipper, Belline, Sybilla and other Divination Tools .... I have been reading for 20+ years and continue to keep learning ... My Readings are normally paid and yes I offer a few readings on here to give back to the Community ...
    It is energy and it can take time .. I have spent time learning how to read Tarot and how the cards combine. I use traditional card meanings and then expand the reading by including intuitive aspects plus sometimes Clairvoyance, clairaudiance , clairsentient , and clariscent all may come through at different time depending on what is important to the client's reading......

I know that each reader will work very differently .. there is no right way and no one is better than another when we work .. but offer different aspects, different services.....

I also include a variety of Healing modalities within my Readings if necessary for a Querant ...

Can't wait to hear about what services you offer and how long you ahve been reading for? What drew you to Tarot?

For me I came to Tarot after discovering Ann Moura's book Green Witchcraft ... suddenly my life made sense ....

That is a little about me ....

• I am clairsentient all the time - clairvoyant and clairaudient at times. I also know a bit about astrology and numerology and incorporate that into my readings. I also do some healing work when needed.

• @thecaptain Thank you for sharing .....

• I do readings as a way to help people, so I pick up emotions and try to translate that to what they are feeling. I have a deck that my brother gave me that are now my old friends...hahaha When I use other decks I feel like I am cheating... but I don't want other people touching them now because they are old... So I have another deck that I pull out for other then myself. I see that you dabble with many decks, I just keep it simple, because I like the feeling of comfortableness... A feeling of trust;

• @tarotnick

yes I know many readers that may use one deck or maybe two .. for me I have found my readings have improved as I found myself expanding my knowledge of Tarot .... it gave me fresh perspectives as i looked at different decks ...

This is what I love about Tarot we are all so different .. it is so awesome .... to see how others move through their Tarot journey ...

• For those who are not Readers who do not really understand the way we work as individuals .. tell us some of the ways that make a reading clearer for you when connecting with someone for guidance ....

For me .... when a client is calm and taken a breath and have slowly asked and what, How and why type of question .... when they ask a Yes/No question the reading does not feel complete .... because there is usually so much more to a reading... When they have only asked the reading once because if they have continued to ask other readers, it is like I get a sense of a scattered energy which makes the answer very scattered in energy, makes it vague because you realize they are not listening to what Other readers are saying, they disempower themselves by wanting the reader to tell them exactly what to do ... but in readings for me it does not work like that I want the Querant to be empowered by my ideas and suggestions, and to achieve results they have to do the work .. I can not make it work for them ... when I realize they have not listened to the good advice from another reader I know then that no matter what was said by another they would not listen either .. I believe these people become what we call psychic junkies.. or reading jumpers ... They move at 100 miles an hour never sitting still to truly listen .. their thoughts are chaotic ...

any way some of my thoughts and ideas ...

• How about the sort of person who comes for a reading? What has been your experience?

There seems to me to be two different kinds of people who come to a psychic for a reading - those who are genuinely prepared to take the advice given and use it to make their life better; and then there are those who are only looking for sympathy or for the psychic to somehow do all the work for them or to save them from their own choices and decisions that have put them in a certain situation in the first place. There is only so much a psychic or other stranger can do for you. Many people who come here have been asking the same questions for years, but have not followed the advice given. Now there is nothing at all wrong with wanting a shoulder to cry on or find a bit of comfort and support to remind you that you are not alone.. But at some point, you have to stop wringing your hands and moaning that life is treating you unfairly or badly - you must be prepared to get up and out and change your life instead of living in a pity party forever. Other people can only advise you - no one else but you can get yourself out of your chair and push you out into the world to go after the career, partner, good health, new house, financial abundance etc. that you want. You have to genuinely want to change your life in realistic and practical ways and stop fantasizing that a miracle is going to drop into your lap without any effort on your part at all. In other words, at some point, you have to be prepared to gather your courage, assess your strengths and abilities, trust the universe/God/spirit, and take a big risk, putting your dreams into action. Without risk, you are not really living.

• @thecaptain

So agree yes there are some people who are willing to listen and ready to move ahead within their own power and yes there are some others who do not seem to listen to the advice shared .. I agree with totally with what you have said .... It can be frustrating .. as a psychic reader sometimes we just have to walk away from the the boards and understand that person will never change, I think sometimes we eventually have to stop replying

• @thecaptain
    You hit on a universal challenge for all those who feel drawn to helping. I believe most psychics start out struggling with that balance between productive energy exchange. The one that tugs at the heart and the one that includes the head. Also, keep Spirit at the wheel because they do look out for your gift and your energy. I find that even though my better sense has good advice it is Spirit that knows who is ready. Your heart sees the trainwreck ahead, the mistakes , you want to save another from going down a hard road but you must consider the JOURNEY required for each person. It's like raising children and wanting to save them from pain and mistakes when in the end it is by EXPERIENCE we all gain the wisdom we need. Life gives us challenges that on the positive side are really an opportunity to GET IT and grow. A psychic as a servant works most productively and safely by tempering her heart pull to realistically take a step back and KNOW where the person seeking help is really at in their path. And decide on any advice accordingly with appropriate expectations. If advice is all you must offer. I tend to pass on just giving out advice unless it is a person I've already bonded with after they have done the timely Spiritual work. Sometimes you must take a pass because Spirit says........not ready, save your energy. So much of being of service requires a well disciplined ego. In fact, the best readings bypass the ego brain completely. My advice is never try to argue good sense into anyone and to spot exactly where in the victim journey a seeker is. Also, always check in on your energy. Everyday. Connecting on here with others does for me create an energy exchange. At best reading the right person, when Spirit steps forward will be a healing exchange. I often see myself in my best connections AND when you truly become a healing servant it gives back in FULFILLMENT. Fulfillment is an energy that never wains once we master it. BLESSINGS! PS...A good reading from Spirit should last and come with details, dates, names events etc. Also, Spirit will at times tell people what ever it takes to move them on path. All's fair that ends WELL..

• I feel bad when people ask for help and so I feel obliged to answer them as best I can. But I cannot lie to them. Life is full of both misery and joy for everyone. Querants want their future to be rosy, without realising they have to work for it in the present. So many posters here seem to feel (disturbingly) that they are nothing without a partner. They ask for reassurance that their life will not be a lonely or unfulfilled one. But they don't like it when you tell them that life is full of many avenues for happiness, not just the one with a partner in it. But happiness can only come from within, not from someone else. If you are not happy on your own, you will not be happy with someone else. People want love and protection but they don't understand they must and can give it to themselves first.

• @thecaptain
    Yes....love and money. The answers most unhappy folks want. When I was in my 30's, love and finances were my distraction. It's a long road to going within. It often takes a repeat of many unhappy relationships to see a pattern. As females we grow up with a lot of distorted ideas about what happiness should look like. From Prince charming to romantic movies the message is not reality. Marriage is work and mates are often reflections of our own wounds and serve to inspire us to heal. The reality is at thirty something I had no reference for what love looked like. Being told to love yourself is such an abstract thought with no real manual that explains what that looks like. You are right....it is the bottom line of receiving from others what you must first give yourself. Also, we all have a shadow side that drives us to do things we are blind to. Until we know ourselves good and bad with out judgement we cannot make choices from our head...we will follow our compulsions and tell ourselves the pull is so strong it must be soul mate pull. Don't feel bad for the many you can't help. Enjoy the ones you can. A healthy detachment does ease the pain of an empaths heart. Also, a site like this attracts some crazy at times and all you can do is take a break and wait for the energy to shift. I never feel obliged to answer anyone unless Spirit insists. Letting in just anybody's energy is not a very self loving thing to do. Over the years I've noticed you seem to have more stamina than me! Some people have some dark stuff following them around. Illnesses are tricky and outing negative entities around people is no joke. This site has changed a lot and early on there were more Spiritually motivated others to share productively. It is what it is. You have been here for a long time! Roll with the changes. You know how we BULLS love change! HAHAHA!

• @thecaptain I totally agree with you, No one can make the changes that I might need to make but me! But on the other hand, you have the wonderful ability and gift to know things that obviously I don't know, that could change everything... I want very much for things to be different, and I'm willing to take the advice that is given. I just need help in what direction I need to go.

• @justneedanswers everyone has intuition - that is all psychics use.

• This post is deleted!

• @jayann clairvoyants see things psychically while clairaudients hear things. Clairsentients feel things, like knowing something is true or correct or sensing the energy vibes of an object.

• This post is deleted!

• I am a novice reader, sticking close to the books, mainly RWS. As I have begun internalizing the meanings of the cards, I am beginning to flow more intuitively.

I don't know if it is allowed to mention other sites here, but you asked about services. I am an amateur reader and so I do a free reading session (5 card) every afternoon and I find people really enjoying the fellowship in the livestream chat while I read for the first half-dozen or so who post questions.

I used to worry that I might be stepping on toes of those who earn a living as readers but since it is usually the same people showing up and these are short public readings, I think it is ok. I mention professionals now and then for those who want a deeper reading and I do not include zodiac (just don't have the skill for that!) so I always tell people to seek out better readers for zodiac signs.

I toyed with the idea of becoming a professional reader but I will always be an amateur. I am an artist and I would rather design decks than spend time on professional readings. (There really is a lot more to know if you go pro!)

• @tarottruth

Thank you for sharing a little about What type of Reader are you.. thoughts ...
    Reading for others freely can be a positive journey as you practice and find a way to start reading tarot without working with a Tarot Book , as you begin to read more intuitively.... from the Images ..... Tarot takes time to develop within ...

• @thecaptain I'm not sure what I am for sure, but I know I'm something. Lol I've been able to see, hear and feel things that I can't explain for as long as I can remember and it's pretty overwhelming sometimes. I tend to stay home and avoid crowds as much as possible cuz idk how to shut it off. How do you find out what abilities you have? (or what do you call them) and how do you control them? Are there teachers for this sort of thing? Sometimes I feel like I'm just going crazy and idk where to go for help or even what questions I need to be asking when I find help. I appreciate any guidance/answers