Question

• What does it mean when someone is "following you"? Why would they do that? Just curious and not used to what goes on on the internet.

• @badgerwoman - Following, means they support you when you post ....

• oh ..... wow that's a good thing. how nice. thanks for answering me.

• @badgerwoman Welcome .. How are you?

• welcome to you as well. I am ok. How are you?

• @badgerwoman I am good , should really be asleep as it is now after midnight here but as usual had to check on the messages ....Sorting out a new vid for Youtube Tomorrow I am going to look at a selection of decks .. looking at depth at The Fool seeing the similarities and the differences .... When it is time to take a leap into the unknown out of the darkness into the light ..... Time for new adventures .... etc

• Just updated my profile .... so maybe we could connect .... other possibilities

• Hi ...just stopped by your web page and found it VERY interesting to say the least.

I only did a quick look around but will be back to delve into it more. I am wiccan, age 70,
    no coven at this time, do work skyclad, was in contact for a year or so with SilverRavenwolf when I had a newsletter back then. It was before she published her first book.

Blessed Be ....

• @badgerwoman Thank you very much ....

I have worked in Covens and with others .. including a partner I had at one time who was also Wiccan .... Yes I love working Skyclad during some rituals .... amazing .. Ohh wow .. I loved several of her books including a Novel I read during that time of hers ...
    With me The Seasons play such an important part of the cycle of each year ... and the Rituals of acknowledgement can be so potent...
    it is wonderful to connect with others of like mind which can be difficult ..

I love how our paths move, they can be so fluid when allowing the energy to flow effortlessly ....

Blessed Be!

• Yes. I often wondered why skyclad was even used .... my teacher said it was becauuse the long dresses they wore would catch on fire if they came too close to the candles and firepit as they moved around - and - the breeze the dresses would cause also would put out the candles ...which was a big NO NO .... so off came the dresses for safety''s sake and to ensure that the circle work was done without problem.
    Years ago when I was living in Minot, ND . The author of Ulti.mate Evil came to town to do a book signing and promote something or speak....can't remember ....but I got to talk to him in his hotel room, get my book signed, and made a new friend. After all he had been through to write that book and then be BACK in the town where some of it happened STILL had him pretty wary of people in general. But meeting him was a highlight for me.

When I went to Salem, MA for my 3rd degree initiation my teacher took me all around salem to meet the other wiccans who ran the stores and worked in the salem witch section of town. This was such an honor. They were all so friendly and accepting. Made my day. Only wish I had had the time to stay longer and get to actually TALK in depth with them.

Over the years, in emails and in person ....I find so many asking to "learn" but when you meet and start teaching ....they don't want to do the work ...or are lazy or want to cut corners ...they want to jump right into a circle or spell. They don't want to read books or take notes ....they want action NOW. Most of them wasted my time and tested my patience. Some had some pretty negative or intense energies ...almost frightening ...like they were into the bad stuff. So I don't teach any more for now.

• @badgerwoman For me being SKyclad was a real personal reason ... It was between myself and a partner or for my own freeing... I never worked in a Coven that were skyclad , they were dressed and wore robes ... we never had any real issues.. but then the candles were normally kept for the altar and not the Circle .... Being SKyclad allow an acceptance of the Goddess and Gods if working with a partner n some level ...

It takes many months - a full year and a day of study to move through the gateways of initiation for the Degrees .. and then to finally move through, over the threshold was truly a profound moment ...

yes I have Mentored .. they may do the First Degree but are not ready to commit any further to move through .. they do not realize to be ready for spellwork to understand the theory behind the Magick, the tools and in understanding the instruction how important it is ..... to look at a sense of self awareness , self discovery and self-development .... Looking at self is so much more important than doing spellwork for others ...

And to understand why you want to explore this path is so valuable to your journey ... I think that is one reason why I liked Silver Raven Wolf, she made you ask yourself some major questions about your beliefs and what you expected from this journey ,,,, it was good to honestly look at what was important ....

Many just want to use it for their own material gains without looking at the consequences of their actions ... I am talking about nasty behaviour for no apparent reason other than they think they can ... also not understanding the consequences of binding a partner to themselves ... things like that .. When I was teaching I always made sure the students thought about the consequences of their actions at all times.. how it would effect themselves overall ....

• all you say is true .....but most times is so hard to get people to listen and accept this is a lifestyle ....many get bored or disillusioned and leave ....but that's ok ....they have much to learn.

our covens were skyclad ....never worked alone with just one partner .... as never found one that I felt his energies and intentions were balanced with mine, which was still ok ...our circles always had a candle on the floor at each cardinal point to call in the archangles/guardians.

• @badgerwoman Yes that true ... there are some who begin because of a tv movie or something that have read or seen in an impulse .....

Ohh wow ok .... re your Coven ..... I am looking forward to Samhain here in the Southern Hemisphere (Beltaine for Northern) I love the Sabbats and the personal rituals .....

• aaahhhh yes ...looking forward to them as well

• Just had a little splurge in a few new decks , can't wait until they arrive. Book Depository they do free delivery even to NZ from the UK and so much cheaper than buying from here .. also I brought the Cartomancer magazine ... online ezine ... so now got some great reads with tarot .... I also order a NZ Tarot deck from gamecrafter so yaahhhh ... Omg gone crazy updating a few new decks . I will take a photo when they arrive .. did you decide about the housewives tarot ? what did you think?

• @hekatesxing

your new decks sound awesome. yes, would love to see pictures. decided not to get the housewives tarot deck ....watched some you tube videos/comments and decided it was not for me. Same with the kitchen tarot one also. So am still on the hunt, no hurry.
    Never heard of Book Depository, will have to check that out.
    Never heard of Cartomancer magazine ...now that sounds interesting! ...

I'm sure you will keep busy with all this new stuff ...and get some great reading in too. It is nice you share this type of information. I love it. thanks.

• @badgerwoman

You are so welcome ... There are so many amazing decks ... it is important to find what resonates ....

The Book depository I found so much cheaper than actually buying locally even a NZ Maori Oracle deck ... I will order next month (if not before) it is on my next to buy list lol ...

at the mo waiting for the Native American tarot, Motherpeace Tarot, Dragon Tarot by Nigel Suckling, Animal wisdom tarot, plus a couple of others .... lol
    Cartomancer Magazine ...

Book Depository

thought linking it might be easier ....

You are so welcome re the sharing ...

• oooh goodie ... will do!!

• @badgerwoman Got really naughty not super naughty but finally able to replace one of the crystals decks I had lost ....

Naisha Ahsian
    with her revised edition of the Crystal Ally cards .. I had the original set but of course it disappeared so am so wrapped to invest in her new set ....

with NZ dollars and delivery it is slightly more expensive than other decks for shipping as I got it straight from her website .... but it is going to be so worth it ... very Crystal, Chakra, element type deck .... Resonance therapy type healing .... amazing

• wow ....this sounds awesome indeed. you go girl ...and let us know what you think of this one as you get to know it. congrats!