Life change from survival to success.

• Can anyone help me by advising me on what to do to change my life from surviving to succeeding? Please?

• list item

• Define success? I am not being funny, but when I read that, a quote (or part of one) popped into my head. Start small - want little. So figure out something small and build on it. Make it work and take the next step, being you are building on it you are one step higher or further to your goal. Remember to enjoy the journey....

• Successful people enjoy life - surviving people don't notice the good things in their life. What makes you happy?

• @juliem48
    I have some questions. What do you mean by success? Does it relate to your personal life, your career or both?

If personal as in love you will need to have activities outside work to meet people. Easy said that done.
    I career you will need to do some study or volunteering outside of work time to prove you are ready for more responsibility. Also easy said that done.
    If both you will have to be organised. That is Mondays leave work and go to classes, Tuesdays leave work and go dancing, Wednesday night in, Thursday volunteering at (what ever), Fridays leave work and to group meeting, etc
    An ex boyfriend told me you need to make your own luck and by that he meant to work towards what you want. But I know about not succeeding in anything.
    You can SMART you plan
    "To make sure your goals are clear and reachable, each one should be:
    Specific (simple, sensible, significant).
    Measurable (meaningful, motivating).
    Achievable (agreed, attainable).
    Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based).
    Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive)."
    however it would be better if you plan and work SMARTER, which is to Evaluated and Reviewed your plans.
    So every 3 or 6 months look at your progress. eg you go dancing but are not enjoying yourself it is costing to much and your are not meeting anyone to have a relationship with. Or you have finished your course and now need to decide what next to do to get promotion. Good luck

b

• @tarotnick

aaaAAAAHHHH ...nick ... i loved this "saying" and am going to remember it. such a good way to get the thought across about one step at a time.

• Hi Badger,
    The only draw back is Patience.... how many times we beat our self's up because we don't see the growth or think we should be farther. That is when we should retrospect where we are and see the steps we took. In a lot of cases they might have been small but growth...That builds the confidence to take more!
    Ok this is where I am...this is where I want to go...let me take these steps. You can set goals high just as long as you treasure the steps.

• nice to meet you .... yes, baby steps are still progress and going in the right direction. patience is a "master" and will demand you follow the rules ....for your own good after all.