Granny Jones Tarot Deck... Did I just luck out?

• Greetings all...

I have started working with Tarot seriously now for the last 2 years, about a year ago I was in a second-hand book store and saw a boxed set of the Granny Jones Australian Tarot deck for sale at $30

I bought it, because it was calling out to me... 1. I am Australian.... and then I later found out she was from a Welsh background, and my family have Welsh Gypsy blood... So I honestly believe I was destined and called to have this deck....

I mainly use now to do readings for people who maybe a bit hesitant when having a reading... I.E. They would be more suited to a reading that is a little less "ominous", if you understand what I mean.... I have found it to be a great deck to use when I just want a more day to day living style reading...

I was looking for another copy of the deck to buy for a friend, and have found one, but they are asking for $500.... Are they for real!! I paid $30, an it came in a box with a nice book that goes into detail about the cards and deck ect......

I threw the box out 6 months ago, as it got a bit tattered, however I still have the book and cards in great nick.... Now I am spewing that I threw out the box, because it could have made a great inheritance for someone when I pass over ( not for a while I hope 😉 )....

Is this deck really that valuable??? Surely not....

( Please note I am only asking because the price suggests "rarity".... And I am a basic living kinda person, So I really want to take care with this deck if it is rare, because I don't think I will be able to afford to replace it!!! )

• Hi Al-Khemyst

I stumbled across your post just now, and out of curiosity, decided to Google this deck and its buying price.

I haven't come across much, but on Ebay it's selling for $500, and on Amazon it's selling for over $2,000.00 (although it says the Granny Jones Tarot "Book", not deck).

The deck is out of print, but was very popular apparently.

So if my tiny bit of research is anything to go by, you have stumbled across something rare and valuable, although without the box it probably won't attract as much monetary value as it otherwise might.

I'd say where you originally bought it from, didn't know the value of this deck which is why you got it for such a dirt-cheap price! Lucky you!!

Hang on to it, box or no, and don't let it out of your sight would be my best advice 🙂

Cheers, Moonie

• It is too costly.